+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

(Super Delay) Work Permit Extension (inland) Timelines Here...

Ramor02

May 3, 2019
Also an February applicant with 0 news or acknowledgement.
Has anyone gotten an AOR or a biometrics request?

will they even request biometrics given the covid situation?
Hi,
I applied and I got the AOR shortly after. When I get the request for Biometrics I will update you.

I have a question.
I know that even if I have given my biometrics when I first applied to come to Canada, I have to give them again for the PR application so I got the family price 170 for me and my son. But when I apply for Bridging Open Work Permit, I will not need to give it again because my biometrics are still valid even if I haven't given them for the PR yet because of COVID-19.
My question is I am applying to extend my work permit and also my son's study permit. He is 16 so he will have to give his biometrics as well for the PR. So will that be enough to apply to extend for his study permit, or he will have to give them again for that?

I am applying right away to extend my work permit and my son's study permit as my WP is about to expire, however, I will have to do that before giving our biometrics for the PR anyway... but just in case if they resume working soon and my son gives his biometrics for the PR, will that suffice for the study permit too?

Thank you

Puttna03

Apr 25, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
19-09-2020
Med's Done....
04-11-2020
Even I have applied extension on March 9th but biometric was closed due to covid. Still decision will be made ? Or application will be processed after biometric? Please let me know

Nope they are still working on February they will start March application end of this month or next month

vigneshwaran

Star Member
Apr 12, 2013
My spouse received her work permit approval. We applied on November 23, 2019. Our situation is pretty complicated though as had applied for PR but we were required to send work permit extension through paper but we did it my online. Anyways we did follow up with explanation letters and finally after 5+ months she got it.

Ramor02

May 3, 2019
My spouse received her work permit approval. We applied on November 23, 2019. Our situation is pretty complicated though as had applied for PR but we were required to send work permit extension through paper but we did it my online. Anyways we did follow up with explanation letters and finally after 5+ months she got it.
Why were you requested to apply for BOWP by paper?

vigneshwaran

Star Member
Apr 12, 2013
Why were you requested to apply for BOWP by paper?
Thats the rule. Unless you have AIP => Approval In Principal you are not supposed to apply online. The questionnaire to create an application in online portal will not let you go forward unless you make a mistake voluntarily.

gxmener

Aug 25, 2019
Thats the rule. Unless you have AIP => Approval In Principal you are not supposed to apply online. The questionnaire to create an application in online portal will not let you go forward unless you make a mistake voluntarily.
I’m in a similar situation, PR applicant without AIP, sent a paper application in early Feb, haven’t heard back at all. Were you asked for biometrics at all?

Ramor02

May 3, 2019
I’m in a similar situation, PR applicant without AIP, sent a paper application in early Feb, haven’t heard back at all. Were you asked for biometrics at all?
Yes, I got the AOR after submitting my eAPR and will apply to bridge work permit online .
Two of my friends applied for BOWP online by choosing an open work permit in the questionnaire the last one applied in 15th of January she got the Work Permit Extention about two weeks ago. Online in the IRCC website it mentioned that you can apply online or by paper

gxmener

Aug 25, 2019
Yes, I got the AOR after submitting my eAPR and will apply to bridge work permit online .
Two of my friends applied for BOWP online by choosing an open work permit in the questionnaire the last one applied in 15th of January she got the Work Permit Extention about two weeks ago. Online in the IRCC website it mentioned that you can apply online or by paper
Thanks for the intel. I was planning on sending a web form early June if I still have no news. Based on the info you’ve provided I should be getting it by then. I’ll keep you guys posted.

Ramor02

May 3, 2019
my bowp extension application on April 16 was approved today. Quicker than I expected.
That is great!!! Congratulations!!! I read that they are trying to process applications faster.

I am applying for BOWP and extending my son's student permit. I got the biometrics letter for my son the next day, but I am stuck until Service Canada Offices resume collecting biometrics as he never gave them before. I hope they resume work soon.

arunesh.vikram

Dec 31, 2019
Saskatoon
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
24-07-2020
Nomination.....
05-02-2020
AOR Received.
27-01-2021
Med's Done....
30-08-2021
Passport Req..
19-01-2022
VISA ISSUED...
14-02-2022
LANDED..........
28-01-2022
my bowp extension application on April 16 was approved today. Quicker than I expected.
Hi Congratulations!

May i know where did you apply from inland right?

Aim@1211

Star Member
Nov 18, 2017
Hi there
Mine is also in CPC Edmonton (transferred Dec 2nd), submitted Aug 23th.
May i ask when your file was transferred and any news?

Thanks
s
stilli am waiting
Applied in 15 aug 2019
File transfer 29 nov 2019
Got gcms note 19 April 2020 stats that it will be take approximately 9 months.
Today more than 9 months

callmekiis

Star Member
Jan 7, 2020
Winnipeg
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
ottawa
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
23-01-2021
AOR Received.
21-08-2020
Med's Done....
16-10-2020
s
stilli am waiting
Applied in 15 aug 2019
File transfer 29 nov 2019
Got gcms note 19 April 2020 stats that it will be take approximately 9 months.
Today more than 9 months
Thank you for reply.
Also is it convenient for you to give me a message once approved?

Reactions: Aim@1211