+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

(Super Delay) Work Permit Extension (inland) Timelines Here...

claire1018

Star Member
Oct 10, 2019
Category........
AINP
just want to share my timeline.
INLAND APPLICATION

December 13,2019 - Submitted my application
December 17, 2019 - Biometrics done
No interview , No additional documents needed
March 5, 2020 - Approved application ( online )

but i didn't received any msg./email yet of what will be the next process, including how long I need to wait to get the physical copy of the WP.

Thanks ;)
Hi
did you receive the email inform you application approved?
also my friend waited for a week to get the new work permit paper in mail

ghel

Star Member
Oct 17, 2019
Hi
did you receive the email inform you application approved?
also my friend waited for a week to get the new work permit paper in mail
yeah, i received an email that it says approved. and an email that they already email the physical copy on the address that i have on the file , but they didn't say how long it will take.

claire1018

Star Member
Oct 10, 2019
Category........
AINP
yeah, i received an email that it says approved. and an email that they already email the physical copy on the address that i have on the file , but they didn't say how long it will take.
thanks for the information!
should be soon!

Scotians19

Star Member
Mar 10, 2020
I applied paper application for wp extension on 22 November but no update yet. Is there anyone waiting for visa??

callmekiis

Star Member
Jan 7, 2020
Winnipeg
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
ottawa
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
23-01-2021
AOR Received.
21-08-2020
Med's Done....
16-10-2020
I am very tensed it. Please share your experiences on wp extensions by paper application.
Call IRCC call centre 8002422100 to check where is your file. Even if in local office, also not worry too much just be prepared for a very long waiting time.

Scotians19

Star Member
Mar 10, 2020
Call IRCC call centre 8002422100 to check where is your file. Even if in local office, also not worry too much just be prepared for a very long waiting time.
I call two times every week, everytime same answer for past two.months "we have not reached November's applications yet". Note: its paper application for wp extension.
Since January they are stuck with October applications.
Is anyone facing same situation as me?

claire1018

Star Member
Oct 10, 2019
Category........
AINP
I call two times every week, everytime same answer for past two.months "we have not reached November's applications yet". Note: its paper application for wp extension.
Since January they are stuck with October applications.
Is anyone facing same situation as me?
according to ircc website, paper application takes 137 days for process, and it says still work on application received on october 15.
Just make sure they did received your application then the only thing you can do is be patient waiting

Scotians19

Star Member
Mar 10, 2020
according to ircc website, paper application takes 137 days for process, and it says still work on application received on october 15.
Just make sure they did received your application then the only thing you can do is be patient waiting
Yea I checked with them, they received my application on 22nd November 2019.

I am not working for past one month.I tried my every effort to get it updated but no luck. Feeling very miserable.

claire1018

Star Member
Oct 10, 2019
Category........
AINP
Yea I checked with them, they received my application on 22nd November 2019.

I am not working for past one month.I tried my every effort to get it updated but no luck. Feeling very miserable.
i think you could still working till you get the result of application with implied status.

Scotians19

Star Member
Mar 10, 2020
Actually I changed my province and applied new visa under new employer so i could not work due to closed permit under previous employer. Thus, desperately waiting for IRCC to process my application but seems they sleeping.

claire1018

Star Member
Oct 10, 2019
Category........
AINP
Actually I changed my province and applied new visa under new employer so i could not work due to closed permit under previous employer. Thus, desperately waiting for IRCC to process my application but seems they sleeping.
i see...good luck then! hope we all get our work permit soon !

Last edited: