+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

(Super Delay) Work Permit Extension (inland) Timelines Here...

snehalmk1219

Feb 22, 2018
Hello everyone,

My husband have applied for an extension of a closed work permit 2 days before the current work permit expires. His LMIA is not yet approved but we have attached the proof of LMIA application.
I had a question that do the government issue some kind of document which states that I am allowed to stay in canada till the decision of the work permit extension application comes? Please guide me through this. We hired a lawyer for filing my application and she told me that they notify us for the same but she is not telling when will it happen.

snehalmk1219

Feb 22, 2018
Okay. First of all, thank u dearor ur reply. So he can work on implied status legally. Right? And there is no as such document issed from government which states that i am on implied status. M i right?

upon

Champion Member
Jan 23, 2020
Winnipeg
Yes he can work legally until the decision is made on his application. No document will be issued.

can you please check the background check status on the application?

snehalmk1219

Feb 22, 2018
We have hired a lawyer to file our work permit. And applied on 23rd january 2020. And we got a request for Biometrics now. I have to ask the lawyer for the login information. Can u tell me how to check the background check status?

upon

Champion Member
Jan 23, 2020
Winnipeg
Just go for your biometrics ASAP.

after biometrics are done they start processing your application.

you can ask for the login passwords and be able to see all the statuses of your application in your account.

snehalmk1219

Feb 22, 2018
Thank you so much dear. I truely regret for hiring the lawyer. She seemed to be professional but she is not. She told me that I shall be getting a confirmation from government regarding my implied status. will take all the details and check for the status regularly. thanks again

Reactions: upon

ih.un

Star Member
Apr 28, 2017
Montreal
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
1st of November applicant, closed work permit extension, confirmed on 3rd of Feb

95 days total

ih.un

Star Member
Apr 28, 2017
Montreal
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Thank you.
Not Applicable.But I have pending PR App which is also linked and BG Check is done at that side
It might make sense

sajinkoroth

Feb 7, 2020
Hi everyone,
I applied for the extension of an LMIA exempt postdoc work permit (inland) on November 14th and it was approved today. I am an Indian citizen and my work visa has expired. Do I need to renew my visa as well before I can travel outside Canada (my spouse lives in Seattle, I am traveling to the US)? I do have a valid tourist visa for another 6 years.

vigneshwaran

Star Member
Apr 12, 2013
Hi everyone,
I applied for the extension of an LMIA exempt postdoc work permit (inland) on November 14th and it was approved today. I am an Indian citizen and my work visa has expired. Do I need to renew my visa as well before I can travel outside Canada (my spouse lives in Seattle, I am traveling to the US)? I do have a valid tourist visa for another 6 years.
I think if you go by car its fine you dont have to renew the visa. If you fly then you do.

ghel

Star Member
Oct 17, 2019
December 13 ,2019 application submitted
dec. 17, 2019 biometrics done

until now no update,
is anybody here has December application?
Thanks