+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super confused about letter and offer of employment!!

deepi06

Jun 23, 2015
Hi Guys,

I am in the woods trying to come to an understanding of what these documents mean.

FYI - I have been working in this job since June 2014. I have the official contract of employment (with all the terms of employment) and a reference/experience letter from my employer with all information like my duties, salary etc.. The problem I have is with the Offer of employment. When my employer "offered" me this job, it was through an email and additionally the contract was also exchanged through an email conversation. So, I do not possess a separate Offer of letter - but just emails stating that they are happy to offer me a job.

I have been reading through all the topics and comments and have no clue on what the right thing to do is.

- Should I get a back dated offer of employment from my employer? - Not sure if they will do that. I cant get it for certain as our company is being acquired by another company so its all complex.
- Should I quote the email conversations in the Letter of explanation - justifying that my contract of employment is the same as my offer of employment? - this is what i have done currently but am just unsure if this is the right approach?

Maybe I am just overthinking this. Does anybody have something to share in regards with this confusion I ma facing?

I will appreciate the help. Thanks in advance

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Did you answer Yes to the question about having a job offer in Canada? That's when these documents are required.

If you don't have an LMIA supported job offer, try and change that answer to No in your post ITA profile and these requirements will disappear and you'll simply have to upload the reference letter.

deepi06

Jun 23, 2015
Thanks for replying Asivad!!

Yes, I did answer a YES to that question. I did that as i do have a job offer. Answering NO would be incorrect if you have a job, won't it?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
deepi06 said:
Thanks for replying Asivad!!

Yes, I did answer a YES to that question. I did that as i do have a job offer. Answering NO would be incorrect if you have a job, won't it?
Somehow that is a trick question and must be answered Yes only by the LMIA crowd. Else you get stuck with these document requests. Answer No and upload whatever documents you already have along with an LOE that highlights that you have a valid job offer but unsupported by LMIA so you chose to answer NO (this particular LOE is optional so do it only if you're worried about things).

All the best!