+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Suicide attempt by my friend out of frustration

Malik87

Feb 24, 2015
First of all make sure your friend never do this again give him hopes.. I know if he went up to this much he must have gone through some really bad times. Canadian dream well let him know what ever is written here by other members and what i am going to write is completely true. Canada is going through a Great Recession and canadian dollar is standing no where. Finding a good job is like winning a lottery, i have freinds having masters degree and wirking ina security company for lowest wage. In next few months canadian economy will be in worse than ever as oil industry is completely screwed. More than 10000 people only in alberta were layed off and are more stressed than you. Dont look at few hundread people who have better jobs look at rest of the population struggling to servive. I am here for last 5 years and still far away from my goals as i am unable to overcome expenses and still far away from dream life. You will not consider my comments untill you would go through all this. Good luck life is not all about canada

on-hold

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2010
Malik87 said:
First of all make sure your friend never do this again give him hopes.. I know if he went up to this much he must have gone through some really bad times. Canadian dream well let him know what ever is written here by other members and what i am going to write is completely true. Canada is going through a Great Recession and canadian dollar is standing no where. Finding a good job is like winning a lottery, i have freinds having masters degree and wirking ina security company for lowest wage. In next few months canadian economy will be in worse than ever as oil industry is completely screwed. More than 10000 people only in alberta were layed off and are more stressed than you. Dont look at few hundread people who have better jobs look at rest of the population struggling to servive. I am here for last 5 years and still far away from my goals as i am unable to overcome expenses and still far away from dream life. You will not consider my comments untill you would go through all this. Good luck life is not all about canada
I second this -- things are touch and go here right now, and there are several factors that could make the economy a lot worse over the next year. Unlike in the past, Canada no longer has the safety valve of employment in Alberta, where many people with no particular skills could go and find decent or well-paying jobs.

My wife and I found the application process frustrating and stressful too -- and it was nothing compared to our first year here. That was when the economic situation was better.

singh100

Mar 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
All of us are in same boat. There is so many things in life do than this.

See how everybody is trying to build the confidence of your frnd this also gives hope to all of us and makes us strong.

I would like to thank each n everybody for thier support and advise of his frnd..Keep it up frnds:)

mercyofGod

Mar 14, 2015
Category........
(Romans 9:16 -So then it is not of him who wills, nor of him who runs, but of God who shows mercy)

I know a lot of people want their Canadian dreams to come through for them to achieve their goal, but please control yourself, tried suicide out of frustration is not the best, l know pressure comes in when you are expecting and l pray that our expectation shall be granted...the pressure start immediately you file in your application and it moves from one step to another until you get your PPR but l must say that pressure is not something you can stop in human life but you can control it because when you keep moving to and fro in life, one step to another raises hope to achieve a goal, expectation comes in but your life is more important above all your expectation. Therefore no matter the out come of your goal in life, please don't take your life. If you fail, never give up because F.A.I.L means "First Attempt In Learning" E.N.D is not the end in fact end means "Efforts Never Dies" if you get NO as an answer, Remember N.O means "Next Opportunity" so, let's be positive in every area of our lives, God bless.

fahad04

Nov 22, 2014
Saskatchewan
scylla said:
I completely agree with the above. If your friend was this stressed out just by the PR application process, he should very seriously reconsider his plans for coming to Canada. The stress of the PR/ITA process is nothing compared to the stress he is going to face once he's here and trying to adapt to a new country (e.g. find a job, etc.). He is not a good candidate for immigration.
Completely agreed !

specialmary

Jun 18, 2012
Maybe it is a good idea to tell your friend the truth about Canada. It is not as glamorous as one would think: a lot of Master's, highly educated people turn out to work in Walmart or as a taxi driver. English is extremely important: without native English it is extremely hard to get a job unless you work as a plumber or those kind of jobs I guess (they are paid well too). Lots of Canadian university grads turn out to work as a waiter or waitress or bartender (waitressing can also be paid higher than many white-collar jobs in Canada). If one is not prepared to know these, one would be disappointed after getting a PR.

jassu2

Star Member
Jul 7, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
well tats quite stupidity...

the prob i guess is more abt being obsessed abt going to canada for canadian life, which is assumed to be much better than life in asia or africa.. its best not to obsess abt it.. canada or for that matter any country aint everything in life.. if u work hard you can have good life anywhere in the world.. canada aint gonna give u money for entering the country.. lol..

rather than waiting for 2 weeks for the draw to come out.. try doing constructive things...

for example i have stopped visiting this site a lot bcoz i realized i m just thinking abt this site the whole day.. now a days i just do it 1's a week or so..
2nd i have started a certification.. i passed 1 paper and 1 more to go... even if i dont go to canada or any other country.. tat certification alone helps me secure a nice good crazy paying job.. If i do go to canada.. with help of that certification i can land myself a comfortable job hopefully without much struggle..

so guys.. dont get crazy behind western dream..
just think of it this way.. u ll find beggars and poor ppl even there.. when they were born there.. y arent they rich??

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Goingnorth said:
you are still on this site you are not even in Canada,
Not sure why you think that. I was born in Canada and have lived here all of my life.

I work in business (banking) and one of the things I do in my spare time is mentor / coach new business immigrants to Canada who are trying to find a job and establish their lives here. I can guarantee you the process is very difficult (much more difficult than the process of applying for PR). I've had grown men break down crying in my office because of how difficult they are finding their new lives in Canada.

ht7

Star Member
Jun 16, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
scylla said:
Not sure why you think that. I was born in Canada and have lived here all of my life.

I work in business (banking) and one of the things I do in my spare time is mentor / coach new business immigrants to Canada who are trying to find a job and establish their lives here. I can guarantee you the process is very difficult (much more difficult than the process of applying for PR). I've had grown men break down crying in my office because of how difficult they are finding their new lives in Canada.
In your experience, how difficult is it for someone who has been educated and worked in the US and is moving to Canada? I am sure I am not the first H1B worker fed up of the US immigration process and tried to make it in Canada...

ntwkengg

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
specialmary said:
I have got rejected three times and my application got returned once. Perhaps it is helpful to know that Canadian immigration process has a high rejection rate, BUT DON'T GIVE UP! The new system actually makes the process somewhat easier because the process from application to decision is substantially shortened (from 1-2 years to a few months). Hiring a lawyer help but it does not guarantee. A lot of the members here got rejected a few times before being accepted.

Canada has never had a good economy and thus even if you get your PR, there is another struggle of finding a job there. Canadian economy actually starts to move downward (thanks to the declining oil industry), and thus finding a job will become even harder. If you have a good job already in your country, you may want to think twice about immigrating to an unknown place. I know because I have stayed in Canada for over 5 years.
add canadian winter and those depressing 5 months to your lines....

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
ht7 said:
In your experience, how difficult is it for someone who has been educated and worked in the US and is moving to Canada? I am sure I am not the first H1B worker fed up of the US immigration process and tried to make it in Canada...
US education and experience is a good thing. It should make it quite a bit easier for you to find a good job.

ntwkengg

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sraj07 said:
ht7,

I am in US on H1B used for 4 yrs, 2 more yrs left , now applying PR Canada.:)
buddy then let me remind you one thing canada's job market is not even 10 percent that of US. so you can think how much struggle it will be to find a job. And due to small market people are ready to do $50 /hr job in $20/hr so they have screwed this market a lot.....

Better convince your US employer to file your GC and get 1st stage of GC clear in 1 year timeline then you can change your employer and you can stay there till your GC is in process.

ht7

Star Member
Jun 16, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ntwkengg said:
buddy then let me remind you one thing canada's job market is not even 10 percent that of US. so you can think how much struggle it will be to find a job. And due to small market people are ready to do $50 /hr job in $20/hr so they have screwed this market a lot.....

Better convince your US employer to file your GC and get 1st stage of GC clear in 1 year timeline then you can change your employer and you can stay there till your GC is in process.
My GC was started with a previous employer...I left after I140, PD is 2013. At current rate I will be current in 2023. I know Canada is tougher, I will not move unless I have a job.