+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Suicide attempt by my friend out of frustration

Ordinary

Feb 18, 2015
All,

Yesterday evening my friend tried suicide out of frustration. He is sitting at 449 and hasn't received ITA. He is currently admitted to hospital and doing OK. His parents are in state of shock. Guys just piece of advice, please dont take any silly step. Have patience.

tomneversfield

May 8, 2015
USA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
8/10/2015
Med's Done....
7/28/2015
Passport Req..
12/22/2015
yikesss!!!!! i'm sorry to hear... i hope he never thinks of this again... hopefully the scores will go down to 440's in a few weeks/months..

ETE

May 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-05-2015
AOR Received.
22-05-2015
Passport Req..
27-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
02-11-2015
That's just sad. Nothing in this world is worth losing your life.

He should be patient and wait till the CRS drops below 450.

T365

Mar 22, 2015
NOC Code......
Oh my. And I thought I've been at my lowest. I myself have been very frustrated, and still am. I almost cried once and I'm a guy. I'm sitting at 441 and my current disposition is challenging and I really want to go to Canada because it's my childhood dream.

But it never crossed my mind to take my life. NOTHING is worth your life. Even "The Canadian dream."

Tell your friend there is much more to life than migrating to Canada. God has plans for all of us. Just gotta have a little faith and trust Him.

Reactions: hamgha

chopsumbongw

Aug 31, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Now that is just sad. Almost everyone on this forum is here because of 'The Canadian Dream'.
This individual with CRS 449 is on the brink of being selected in a few draws. I'm sitting pretty at 441.
Though I am hopeful, the underlining fact is that I will continue to make the best of what I have now, today.

Be patient everyone and don't do anything silly. We all have people to whom we are their world.
Don't be selfish and take away their happiness.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
I hope your friend gets the support and treatment. This is usually a sign of something more serious and complex, far more than simply frustration over the PR process. There's no easy or short solution, but I hope his friends and family try their best to help him.

Mrs Aj

Star Member
Dec 11, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
He should take some time off EE and focus on building his ability to withstand pressure when things are not working out the way he wants. As many with ITA can confirm the pressure does not stop when you receive ITA, it continues all through until one receives PPR. What if one receives ITA after a long wait and has application cancelled or rejected.

While we hope the scores come down, people should enjoy life while waiting, learn a new skill, find love, enjoy the journey and smell the roses on your way to achieving the canadian dream

anandbabud

Dec 31, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa CPC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-10-2015
Nomination.....
22-10-2015
AOR Received.
29-10-2015
Med's Done....
23-10-2015
Passport Req..
13-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-01-2016
LANDED..........
30-01-2016
Ordinary said:
Life is more precious than a piece of PR Paper stamped into your passport.... sorry to hear... please dont do this kind of crazy things.....
All,

Yesterday evening my friend tried suicide out of frustration. He is sitting at 449 and hasn't received ITA. He is currently admitted to hospital and doing OK. His parents are in state of shock. Guys just piece of advice, please dont take any silly step. Have patience.

EFK

Feb 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mrs Aj said:
He should take some time off EE and focus on building his ability to withstand pressure when things are not working out the way he wants. As many with ITA can confirm the pressure does not stop when you receive ITA, it continues all through until one receives PPR. What if one receives ITA after a long wait and has application cancelled or rejected.

While we hope the scores come down, people should enjoy life while waiting, learn a new skill, find love, enjoy the journey and smell the roses on your way to achieving the canadian dream

Beautifully said..
It's sad to hear the state of your friend... but the reality of life is that its not a bed of roses, and we all need to be patient and go through whatever is meant to be...
I would add onto the above point and note that the pressure doesn't necessarily even stop after the PPR.... for many of us who have to come from outside the country, the real pressure begins at this point: How to move everyone...jobs...income sustainability...where to live...getting used to a new culture, society and way of thinking....
but sounds like your friend is still fairly young, so he needs to prepare for all these challenges that may come ahead... it wont get over by getting the ITA..

Lots of prayers and wishes for his speedy recovery... but really, he (or anyone, for that matter) should never ever do something like this ever again!

xlnc20

Apr 28, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sad to hear that..

Guys have patience, therez surely something better in life or someone who really cares for u.. dont come up with such ideas please...

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
EFK said:
I would add onto the above point and note that the pressure doesn't necessarily even stop after the PPR.... for many of us who have to come from outside the country, the real pressure begins at this point: How to move everyone...jobs...income sustainability...where to live...getting used to a new culture, society and way of thinking....
but sounds like your friend is still fairly young, so he needs to prepare for all these challenges that may come ahead... it wont get over by getting the ITA..
I completely agree with the above. If your friend was this stressed out just by the PR application process, he should very seriously reconsider his plans for coming to Canada. The stress of the PR/ITA process is nothing compared to the stress he is going to face once he's here and trying to adapt to a new country (e.g. find a job, etc.). He is not a good candidate for immigration.

Reactions: hamgha

specialmary

Jun 18, 2012
I have got rejected three times and my application got returned once. Perhaps it is helpful to know that Canadian immigration process has a high rejection rate, BUT DON'T GIVE UP! The new system actually makes the process somewhat easier because the process from application to decision is substantially shortened (from 1-2 years to a few months). Hiring a lawyer help but it does not guarantee. A lot of the members here got rejected a few times before being accepted.

Canada has never had a good economy and thus even if you get your PR, there is another struggle of finding a job there. Canadian economy actually starts to move downward (thanks to the declining oil industry), and thus finding a job will become even harder. If you have a good job already in your country, you may want to think twice about immigrating to an unknown place. I know because I have stayed in Canada for over 5 years.

uxd

Feb 27, 2015
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-09-2015
AOR Received.
01-09-2015
Med's Done....
04-09-2015
Passport Req..
16-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
6-11-2015 copr rcvd
A PR Is not worth any life. Plus there is more struggle here once you land here. Job market and lack of Canadian experience forces many to work in not so dignified employments. People shouldd understand that this is not heaven. Dont be fooled by fb photos of ur friends. There is a lot of struggle involved in settling down here.