+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Suggestions to begin my application for a skilled worker immigrant

ruben06

Jun 18, 2019
Hi! Anyone could give me an advice to begin my application as an skilled worker in canada? Thank you in advance!

I am a college instructor for the past 6 years, 4yrs experience in a private institution including 2yrs experience in school administrative position. Currently, for 2 yrs I've been in a state university holding a position of instructor 1. With regards to my educational qualification l have a master's degree in computer science graduated last year (2018). Including several training certificates and national certificate in computer services.

Would this qualifications be an advantage when I file my application? I don't still have any language training certificate specifically IELTS.

Last edited:

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/come-canada-tool-immigration-express-entry.html

If this says you're eligible (use a made-up IELTS score for now, just to get through it), then use this to see how many CRS points you get

https://www.canadavisa.com/comprehensive-ranking-score-calculator.html

Again, put in an IELTS score that you think you can easily get.

If you have more than 450 points, it's a good score and you should sign up for the IELTS and get your master's degree validated.

dotslash227

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2019
Hi! Anyone could give me an advice to begin my application as an skilled worker in canada? Thank you in advance!

I am a college instructor for the past 6 years, 4yrs experience in a private institution including 2yrs experience in school administrative position. Currently, for 2 yrs I've been in a state university holding a position of instructor 1. With regards to my educational qualification l have a master's degree in computer science graduated last year (2018). Including several training certificates and national certificate in computer services.

Would this qualifications be an advantage when I file my application? I don't still have any language training certificate specifically IELTS.
Your profile is very good for immigration. The only obstacle is the IELTS. You need a minimum CLB 9, which is 8 in Listening and 7 in rest. If you are able to get this, your CRS will be above 450 [Assuming you are below 30 and unmarried].

If you are 29ish and nearing 30, you shouldn't waste time and immediately go for your ECA and IELTS.

Reactions: ruben06

ruben06

Jun 18, 2019
Your profile is very good for immigration. The only obstacle is the IELTS. You need a minimum CLB 9, which is 8 in Listening and 7 in rest. If you are able to get this, your CRS will be above 450 [Assuming you are below 30 and unmarried].

If you are 29ish and nearing 30, you shouldn't waste time and immediately go for your ECA and IELTS.
Thank you! I'm 25yrs old turning 26 this august still unmarried. Is there a way to apply for a specific province in canada? I prefer in alberta.

dotslash227

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2019
Thank you! I'm 25yrs old turning 26 this august still unmarried. Is there a way to apply for a specific province in canada? I prefer in alberta.
If you are able to clear Express Entry without any PNP (Provincial Nomination Program), you are free to live and work in any province, except Quebec.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Why would you prefer Alberta? Have you done research about where the majority of IT jobs will be? Teaching positions are unlikely but IT jobs are available and the majority are concentrated in BC, Ontario and QUebec.