+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Suggestion please: Canada or India (Imp)

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
My 2 cents here....
I have lived in India, Canada, US, Europe and now back to Canada ..all the time making similar or better salary .

Grass does look greener on other side with every move I have undertaken. After returning, I still miss some or more things of every place I lived and in the end realized that everyone has their own factors and ways of calculating what's best.
The happiness factor is true and is the biggest decision maker from emotional level, but deep inside there are several factors. In the end , its hard but it makes you realize that the moment is NOW - this is to be cherished in full first - before judging ourselves and overthinking about it. In the end life is a journey! (my opinion of-course )

So going back to OPs dilemma and other who have posted with similar confusion;
- You are very well damn lucky to have good job offers or belong to industry skills that are transferable
- Coming to new country is not easy and coming with expectations is a major drawback, but it's understandable.
- More important is coming with open mind, a feel for adventure, being the new immigrant who is open to exploring place, friends , culture.
- Most importantly giving enough time to explore this opportunity. Some of you are very lucky to have fallback in your own countries, with family and jobs waiting for you - if you finally decided to go back. .
- Each country has its strengths - Burma is the happiest nation - but not all of us are moving there- so we cannot actually compare places by mathematical formula.
- And most important factor that I feel comes to back of mind - when I moved : I see is all talk of how much or equivalent we used to make at our home country, what we could afford this or that etc..Well, it's great what you made there and pretty damn good you got similar salary here. But, be honest, you didn't take all these efforts to move addresses, or make same $ right?. This is land of opportunity, try a little harder to make 5 times what you made back home and then see how you feel. I understand many say we cannot equate happiness to wealth, but that's what most of you are mentioning again and again (nothing wrong with that). You can have someone else clean your snow, cook food and teach you private yoga here too!. But hell ya, you need to be at a certain level = make that dough! There ware many many great success stories here.
- So in essence, if you are here, the opportunity is right in front of you.
- If you have decided to go back then you probably have a good feeling that your will be able to settle back again. But, then why miss the opportunity to do your best here while you have a better environment for growth - entrepreneurship, education, systems, security etc...worse to worse ..you can even file bankruptcy here! - again not implying anything the wrong way.
- SO please don't overthink this , there must have been some things you thought before making the long journey here, do those things - life is short to regret that I didn't do much in India but was still doing ok and then returning back and thinking oh I didn't give much to Canada, and made a U-turn.
-
Everyone has difference experiences, but progress, improving and accumulation of experiences is what will count in the long run.
Again! most of you/us are very lucky to have this dilemma in some way...make sure to give your best shot wherever you live! As before, you always have a choice to go back - it's not running away !
You will need to be in the 1% to have a driver, cook, cleaner, private education, lots of savings, etc. Would encourage those doing well in India to reconsider moving. Most move because of family and societal pressure and haven’t really looked into the lifestyle in Canada. What made sense 15+ years ago no longer makes sense. Both parents need to be prepared to work in Canada or make lots of sacrifices instead. Canada has a minimum wage where India does not so if you are doing well you can pay someone very little to run your household, drive you and care for your children. Eventually Indians will fight for minimum payments and people won’t be afford as many luxuries. Returns on investments are better in India but so is the risk. Not uncommon in all the BRIC countries versus the more developed economies.

macwhitby

Nov 18, 2016
Whitby
LANDED..........
21-11-2014
I'm 5 years in Canada, a citizen now ! Kind of settled here , Own a home, own two cars without any finances or lease. Earns around $105 per year (Myself). My parents got their PR here. Sister is in states. Still sometimes think of moving back to India but I don't know the reason behind it !

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
I'm 5 years in Canada, a citizen now ! Kind of settled here , Own a home, own two cars without any finances or lease. Earns around $105 per year (Myself). My parents got their PR here. Sister is in states. Still sometimes think of moving back to India but I don't know the reason behind it !
I plan on moving back when im 55. pretty much live off savings after that. sunny weather, beach front house, barbq everyday, cant beat it.

mahi2020

Oct 7, 2016
maybe due to weather ? sab kuch thanda hai yahan ??

Sometime I wonder, is Australia better for immigrants, seeing ppl enjoying weather, Grand Slams happening, All kind of sporting events taking place.
OR
Whether I am used to having ppl around, casually talking to neighbors, taking strolls outside garden etc etc

Last edited:
Reactions: macwhitby