+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Suggestion on Study permit refusal Urgent please help

bengalliboy

Jul 28, 2015
Hi
My cousin applied for study permit along wife (OWP) and 2 children (1 yr and 3 yrs) for MBA and got rejected. The GSMS says, the VO was not satisfied as PA does not have strong family ties as traveling with so small child/family together for such high cost expenses. He showed genuine over $100K cash that he got from sale of property with all tax papers etc. The VO also said, the cash is acceptable but does not go with line to his income. Note he did show his actual paper income as he does have another consultancy income but normally it was no Cash. However the property value actually covers most of his expenses. His profile is good. He got 7 in IELTS and got admission in 2 universities, Canada west and U Windsor. The application was rejected with CWest. He is doing a very good job back home.... So our questions are:
1. If he reapply should he do single application or should he try again with family? He wants to see if along family any possibility since kids are very young leave with single mom at home country
2. Should he apply with the same school or U W? Note UW is little better school in ranking however cost is little higher (about 4k difference)
3. One reason was he does not have travel history. Actually he did have a travel history but it was with his old pp and he lost and thus did not/ignored to mention. Can he mention that now, even he does not have any prove? It was long back when he was young he travelled to Thailand for family vacation but again long long ago.

AskBD

Star Member
May 27, 2019
Hi
My cousin applied for study permit along wife (OWP) and 2 children (1 yr and 3 yrs) for MBA and got rejected. The GSMS says, the VO was not satisfied as PA does not have strong family ties as traveling with so small child/family together for such high cost expenses. He showed genuine over $100K cash that he got from sale of property with all tax papers etc. The VO also said, the cash is acceptable but does not go with line to his income. Note he did show his actual paper income as he does have another consultancy income but normally it was no Cash. However the property value actually covers most of his expenses. His profile is good. He got 7 in IELTS and got admission in 2 universities, Canada west and U Windsor. The application was rejected with CWest. He is doing a very good job back home.... So our questions are:
1. If he reapply should he do single application or should he try again with family? He wants to see if along family any possibility since kids are very young leave with single mom at home country
2. Should he apply with the same school or U W? Note UW is little better school in ranking however cost is little higher (about 4k difference)
3. One reason was he does not have travel history. Actually he did have a travel history but it was with his old pp and he lost and thus did not/ignored to mention. Can he mention that now, even he does not have any prove? It was long back when he was young he travelled to Thailand for family vacation but again long long ago.
I think you should join in Facebook group called perspective bangladeshi students in canadian university. They are helpful to suggest u better.

Reactions: bengalliboy

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi
100k is not likely to be enough for most MBAs plus family expenses. What is their education and work history? Depleting all your savings to go to a low ranking university in an incredibly expensive city makes no sense, the sale of land is also a one time deal not accumulated savings from employment so there is no way to build up family savings once the money from the land is depleted. Would suggest ordering GCMS notes.

bengalliboy

Jul 28, 2015
100k is not likely to be enough for most MBAs plus family expenses. What is their education and work history? Depleting all your savings to go to a low ranking university in an incredibly expensive city makes no sense, the sale of land is also a one time deal not accumulated savings from employment so there is no way to build up family savings once the money from the land is depleted. Would suggest ordering GCMS notes.
He has done bba about 10 years ago and working full time in supply chain management since then. Drawing good salary.
We have gcms note, can I share w you for some more information? If so whatz your email

So question remains, should he apply single?
What about other university that he has admission or do you suggest any other university
Thanks!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
He has done bba about 10 years ago and working full time in supply chain management since then. Drawing good salary.
We have gcms note, can I share w you for some more information? If so whatz your email

What about other university that he has admission or do you suggest any other university
Thanks!
Sorry don’t answer PMs or give out my email. Not a lawyer or consultant. If you can post more info without identifying information ppl will try to help.

Reactions: lamnt0702

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
What do GCMS notes say? Neither schools are great. If you want the best MBA schools then - Ivey, York, U of T, UBC, McGill etc. However 100k is not nearly enough money for those programs. How will a MBA help his career in his home country.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021

Thanks!
You mentioned he has good salary but couldn't prove savings over 10 years instead he disposed his property and provide proof with $100k. This is not cumulative income and he will most likely deplete his income moving along with the family. His tuition fee is likely $35k, rental for 2years $36k Vancouver, Day care plus other cost of living in Vancouver. while I have so many reservations with University Canada West, but choosig Ucan West over University of Windsor??? Like seriously? make no sense.

Last edited:

bengalliboy

Jul 28, 2015
Sorry don’t answer PMs or give out my email. Not a lawyer or consultant. If you can post more info without identifying information ppl will try to help.
Sorry I dont know how to upload the doc but pretty much I said already whats on it
What else can you suggest
Thanks

bengalliboy

Jul 28, 2015
You mentioned he has good salary but couldn't prove savings over 10 years instead he disposed his property and provide proof with $100k. This is not cumulative income and he will most likely deplete his income moving along with the family. His tuition fee is likely $35k, rental for 2years $36k Vancouver, Day care plus other cost of living in Vancouver. while I have so many reservations with University Canada West, but chasing Ucan West over University of Windsor??? Like seriously? make no sense.
So can he reapply for visa responding the gsms note and use the u Windsor loa? Does he also have to have a new sop? I want to make sure that is how he needs to respond
2. We could show proof of property sale since its own property given by father
3. U windsor was for winter and thats y he tried for July session

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
So can he reapply for visa responding the gsms note and use the u Windsor loa? Does he also have to have a new sop? I want to make sure that is how he needs to respond
2. We could show proof of property sale since its own property given by father
3. U windsor was for winter and thats y he tried for July session
It is up to him to decide if he want to reapply. But as long as he has details on the notes he can go ahead and address those issues and re-apply. He is to be MBA student, so he must have some knowledge good thinking capacity, I know you are trying to help your cousin, but your cousin needs to have first hand information by himself. he is the one who will reapply. Im not sure if decision to change LOA from UcanWest to U of Windsor will make a difference, instead if he goes that way then he has to explain why he opt to use another LOA. I don't think VO has mentioned anything about his choice of University,

bengalliboy

Jul 28, 2015
It is up to him to decide if he want to reapply. But as long as he has details on the notes he can go ahead and address those issues and re-apply. He is to be MBA student, so he must have some knowledge good thinking capacity, I know you are trying to help your cousin, but your cousin needs to have first hand information by himself. he is the one who will reapply. Im not sure if decision to change LOA from UcanWest to U of Windsor will make a difference, instead if he goes that way then he has to explain why he opt to use another LOA. I don't think VO has mentioned anything about his choice of University,
Yes correct I agree with you. We are just looking this from different angles. Changing school may cause more issue as a new sop needs to be done.

Also he reluctantly did not show some property that came from his wifes side. I think thats a plus
As far cost, for a family of 4 w tution how much money should he have? Per our calculation he has enough. Thanks again

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada West is a bottom feeder university. I have seen many applicants get refused for visa for Canada West, which is rare for Graduate level visa applications. Guess they have been found out.

If your cousin had applied for UWindsor, I doubt they would have been refused.

bengalliboy

Jul 28, 2015
Canada West is a bottom feeder university. I have seen many applicants get refused for visa for Canada West, which is rare for Graduate level visa applications. Guess they have been found out.

If your cousin had applied for UWindsor, I doubt they would have been refused.
Well not right though, its a decent university and I have seen lot of people getting visa. The other thing he already paid deposit for it so this is why we dont want to shop for other university now. More or less they all are same.
I am just surprised, this guy have everything genuine, own enough funds and really want to do MBA for his career but have to struggle explaining it I guess

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi
If he is unwilling to move to Canada alone and leave his family behind in his home country, then I would recommend applying together.

Canada West isn't a very good school. He should go with Windsor if he wants to reapply.

IRCC won't consider Thailand for travel history. They are looking for countries that require visas such as the US and UK.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Well not right though, its a decent university and I have seen lot of people getting visa. The other thing he already paid deposit for it so this is why we dont want to shop for other university now. More or less they all are same.
I am just surprised, this guy have everything genuine, own enough funds and really want to do MBA for his career but have to struggle explaining it I guess
It's not a decent university. Can West is bottom rung.