+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sufficient proof of intent? Second guessing myself....

shirleyfeng1985

Star Member
Apr 9, 2017
hello Shirley
have you received any updates of yet? we are still waiting for ours to change to 'background check in process' .. hopefully this happens soon
no update so far. I called IRCC and was told that my bgc has completed. Still waiting for DM/PPR.

Bumble

Sep 10, 2018
United States
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
17-08-2018
AOR Received.
04-10-2018
File Transfer...
07-11-2018
Med's Request
10-10-2018
Med's Done....
30-10-2018
Passport Req..
21-11-2018
Congrats, @shirleyfeng1985 !

My spouse and I submitted our application in mid-August, and just received AOR1 last week. We're expecting to receive a similar request for "proof" from IRCC. Do you mind sharing a little detail about your "letter of explanation, timeline and detailed moving plan" please? Like, how granular is your timeline and moving plan? Much appreciation!

shirleyfeng1985

Star Member
Apr 9, 2017
Thanks! For your reference:
letter of explanation: reasons that we want to move back; reason that my sponsor doesn’t have job offer now.
Timeline: when we plan to list our property on the market; when we plan to transfer money to Canada; when we plan to get SIN, drivers license and buy car insurance after landing, etc.
Detailed moving plan: when to reach recruiter again; how to choose an insurance company, moving company; accommodation arrangement; when to set up daycare tour, etc.
Basically, you list what you need to do before and after landing as detailed as you can.
Good luck with your application!

oconnor87

Jul 7, 2018
i got PPR this morning! any update on your side?
ah that is amazing!!! huge congrats :D :D no updates online as of yet, we still haven't had background check in progess update so we may call tomorrow to see.
did they put PPR on cic or via email? we are hoping our call goes well tomorrow.

shirleyfeng1985

Star Member
Apr 9, 2017
ah that is amazing!!! huge congrats :D :D no updates online as of yet, we still haven't had background check in progess update so we may call tomorrow to see.
did they put PPR on cic or via email? we are hoping our call goes well tomorrow.
Thank you! Is your vo CPC-M? I think CPC-M is relatively faster. My application took 4.5 months to process. I'm very happy with the processing time.
PPR is via email to PA. Hope you will hear some positive news from agent tmr!

Reactions: oconnor87

oconnor87

Jul 7, 2018
Thank you! Is your vo CPC-M? I think CPC-M is relatively faster. My application took 4.5 months to process. I'm very happy with the processing time.
PPR is via email to PA. Hope you will hear some positive news from agent tmr!
that is super quick, I see alot of May applicants having almost all been approved from Mississauga, our local office is Pretoria South Africa, I just called in to see status and on the phone it said back ground check in progress which doesnt show online CIC, tried to connect to an agent but it hung up on us so will try again. at least we know they have received our info! :D
congrats again! is the PPR last step, once you have that then you can fly and officially move?! :D

shirleyfeng1985

Star Member
Apr 9, 2017
that is super quick, I see alot of May applicants having almost all been approved from Mississauga, our local office is Pretoria South Africa, I just called in to see status and on the phone it said back ground check in progress which doesnt show online CIC, tried to connect to an agent but it hung up on us so will try again. at least we know they have received our info! :D
congrats again! is the PPR last step, once you have that then you can fly and officially move?! :D
Thanks! After I receive my passport and COPR back from CPC-Ottawa, I can officially move! Yay!
I called IRCC two weeks ago. They told me my BGC was completed, but it still shows in process on GCKEY. As long as your BGC has started, you will be close to DM/PPR!

oconnor87

Jul 7, 2018
Thanks! After I receive my passport and COPR back from CPC-Ottawa, I can officially move! Yay!
I called IRCC two weeks ago. They told me my BGC was completed, but it still shows in process on GCKEY. As long as your BGC has started, you will be close to DM/PPR!
Bahhhh we got PPR today so so over the moon happy! Do you by chance know if you have to send both applicant and sponsor passports?

oconnor87

Jul 7, 2018
hey all!
does anyone know the correct fees you need to pay when sending in your passport? We have to send ours in to VFS in South Africa but it seems it lists several fees so we are curious which is the correct one.
any input would be great
cheers