+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sufficient proof of intent? Second guessing myself....

ursus

Star Member
Mar 6, 2018
UK
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
16-02-2018
AOR Received.
29-03-2018
File Transfer...
26-04-2018
Med's Request
05-04-2018
Med's Done....
25-04-2018
Passport Req..
17-08-2018
no there is no upload spot as of yet, it doesnt even say we have requested additional documents we only received that in the email so perhaps it will take a bit of time to update the online gckey?
I'd just submit via webform if it hasn't appeared giving that as the reason for using the webform. If it does appear after you've submitted by webform there's no problem submitting again via the upload slot too as webform takes a little while to be processed.

shirleyfeng1985

Star Member
Apr 9, 2017
Hey all! We just received medical request today along with a note about additional documents stating we needs items such as sponsors evidence to establish themselves in Canada from rental agreement, job offer, employment contract, letter of invitation etc.

With our application we submitted all of our messages to friends about waiting on visa and wanting to move, letter from family & friends supporting our move along with us previously reaching out to jobs about work.

My fiancé the sponsor is Canadian and we are living in the Caribbean, she has to give her work 3 months notice and wasn’t planning to do so until visa is approved. She does not own anything in Canada but of course we want to buy a house together one day there.

Any suggestions besides adding in another letter for supporting documents?
Appreciate it in advance
I am may 2018 applicant and also got this request from IRCC. I just uploaded today and there is no confirmation email so far. Do you mind sharing your experience?
Thanks in advance!

shirleyfeng1985

Star Member
Apr 9, 2017
I'd just submit via webform if it hasn't appeared giving that as the reason for using the webform. If it does appear after you've submitted by webform there's no problem submitting again via the upload slot too as webform takes a little while to be processed.
Hi, I got same request and have submitted on MYCIC website. But I haven't received any confirmation letter. Is it normal?
Thanks in advance!

ursus

Star Member
Mar 6, 2018
UK
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
16-02-2018
AOR Received.
29-03-2018
File Transfer...
26-04-2018
Med's Request
05-04-2018
Med's Done....
25-04-2018
Passport Req..
17-08-2018
Hi, I got same request and have submitted on MYCIC website. But I haven't received any confirmation letter. Is it normal?
Thanks in advance!
You don't get a confirmation email. If the document is showing as uploaded in MyCIC then you're all good. You'll hear from them again at the next stage of the application.

oconnor87

Jul 7, 2018
Thanks in advance!
Hello Shirley

We are taking time to gather more information in order to upload so haven't done this as of yet, hoping by next week but we will upload through the webform as I believe they have to receive documents that way. Let us know your experience with this as well, hopefully they receive it quickly!

shirleyfeng1985

Star Member
Apr 9, 2017
Hello Shirley

We are taking time to gather more information in order to upload so haven't done this as of yet, hoping by next week but we will upload through the webform as I believe they have to receive documents that way. Let us know your experience with this as well, hopefully they receive it quickly!
Will do!! My deadline is sept 28 and I have submitted on sept 15. No update so far. I found some ppl got dm/ppr in two weeks after submitting additional documents. Hope it will happen to our cases too!

oconnor87

Jul 7, 2018
Will do!! My deadline is sept 28 and I have submitted on sept 15. No update so far. I found some ppl got dm/ppr in two weeks after submitting additional documents. Hope it will happen to our cases too!
Hello Shirley
Was your background check in progress already? That would be amazing to be approved by end of October even! :D Positive thoughts everyones goes quickly! our background check will start once we submit a police clearance but medical was approved today so we are getting close just need to submit everything.

May we please asked what you submitted for additional proof of intent to move?
This is what we have so far in addition to our initial letters with the application;
- research on applying for SIN Card, process and prefilling out the form
- research on health care and correspondence with care provider on process
- research on applying for the PR card upon approval and prefilling out the form
- research on transferring over Driver's license
- communication via messages with friends about the process of visa
- letters from friends & familes
- letter from both of us with our full detailed plan, budget breakdown & timeline to be notarized
- created job banks
- correspondence for how to transfer over our pension

any info would be helpful as we hope this is enough and thanks to this amazing forum we will it may be.

shirleyfeng1985

Star Member
Apr 9, 2017
Hello Shirley
Was your background check in progress already? That would be amazing to be approved by end of October even! :D Positive thoughts everyones goes quickly! our background check will start once we submit a police clearance but medical was approved today so we are getting close just need to submit everything.

May we please asked what you submitted for additional proof of intent to move?
This is what we have so far in addition to our initial letters with the application;
- research on applying for SIN Card, process and prefilling out the form
- research on health care and correspondence with care provider on process
- research on applying for the PR card upon approval and prefilling out the form
- research on transferring over Driver's license
- communication via messages with friends about the process of visa
- letters from friends & familes
- letter from both of us with our full detailed plan, budget breakdown & timeline to be notarized
- created job banks
- correspondence for how to transfer over our pension

any info would be helpful as we hope this is enough and thanks to this amazing forum we will it may be.
Yes, my background check has changed to In Process on July 13. I provided my police clearance upfront tho and my medical was passed on July 17.
In terms of additional documents, you actually did much more than I did!! I am getting nervous!!
What we submitted are:
-Letter of explanation, timeline and detailed moving plan
-Invitation letter from my mother-in-law who will provide accommodation
-Job bank profile
-Correspondence with recruiters
-Moving company quote
-Chat log with friends
-Health Insurance research
-Correspondence with local realtor about selling our current property
-Correspondence with daycare

I have no idea whether they are sufficient but we did everything we could. I will definitely let you know if I have any updates.
Finger crossed!!

Reactions: oconnor87

oconnor87

Jul 7, 2018
Yes, my background check has changed to In Process on July 13. I provided my police clearance upfront tho and my medical was passed on July 17.
In terms of additional documents, you actually did much more than I did!! I am getting nervous!!
What we submitted are:
-Job bank profile
-Moving company quote
-Chat log with friends

I have no idea whether they are sufficient but we did everything we could. I will definitely let you know if I have any updates.
Finger crossed!!
this definitely sounds like a great amount for sure! we are uploading ours now thursday officially! best of luck to all! Please do let us know how long it takes after submitting until you get your DM :D

Reactions: shirleyfeng1985

oconnor87

Jul 7, 2018
What we submitted are:
-Job bank profile
-Moving company quote
-Chat log with friends

Finger crossed!!
us again sorry :) we do not see a place to upload them in our application, we sent a message via webform letting them know but response time is apparently up to 28 days. did you submit it through application or have any idea of what to do? We have quite a bit of stuff.

shirleyfeng1985

Star Member
Apr 9, 2017
us again sorry :) we do not see a place to upload them in our application, we sent a message via webform letting them know but response time is apparently up to 28 days. did you submit it through application or have any idea of what to do? We have quite a bit of stuff.
I’m afraid I can’t help about this. I was able to submit through my CIC account. After signing in your GCKey, there is a link “view submitted application” under “status”. You can upload doc there. Have you tried this?

oconnor87

Jul 7, 2018
I’m afraid I can’t help about this. I was able to submit through my CIC account. After signing in your GCKey, there is a link “view submitted application” under “status”. You can upload doc there. Have you tried this?
thanks for your help, yes we have been checking this for past few weeks and there is nothing that allows up to upload - we read somewhere that we can email in if we minimize size so will try this

shirleyfeng1985

Star Member
Apr 9, 2017
thanks for your help, yes we have been checking this for past few weeks and there is nothing that allows up to upload - we read somewhere that we can email in if we minimize size so will try this
In terms of minimizing size, it has limits on mycic as well. I had to crop edge of photos and compress them.

Reactions: oconnor87

oconnor87

Jul 7, 2018
In terms of minimizing size, it has limits on mycic as well. I had to crop edge of photos and compress them.
hello Shirley
have you received any updates of yet? we are still waiting for ours to change to 'background check in process' .. hopefully this happens soon