+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Suddenly score went up

Bhatthal

Star Member
Apr 22, 2014
Hello Seniors,

I checked my profile today and my score went up to 459 . I checked everything and found out it is giving me additional points for 2 years work experience. Now the problem is I started my Job on October 1st ,2013 and there is still a month to get 2 year experience.
On the top of that I went to India for 67 days and I guess that will not count in my work experience, so technically I am not allowed to get 2 years experience points until Dec 07,2015.
Now since my score is 459 I can expect ITA in next draw. Can someone please advise me what to do?
I know if I apply for PR in next ITA there is going to be issue. Can someone tell me How to fix it on my EE profile?
Thanks

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
2 ways of fixing this.

1. Change your start date to Dec 2013/Jan 2014 instead of Oct 2013. And rectify this in Dec 2015.

2. Keep declining ITAs till you are consciously over the limit and deserve those additional points.

vipulgoyal88

Star Member
May 6, 2015
Bhatthal said:
Hello Seniors,

I checked my profile today and my score went up to 459 . I checked everything and found out it is giving me additional points for 2 years work experience. Now the problem is I started my Job on October 1st ,2013 and there is still a month to get 2 year experience.
On the top of that I went to India for 67 days and I guess that will not count in my work experience, so technically I am not allowed to get 2 years experience points until Dec 07,2015.
Now since my score is 459 I can expect ITA in next draw. Can someone please advise me what to do?
I know if I apply for PR in next ITA there is going to be issue. Can someone tell me How to fix it on my EE profile?
Thanks
Are you working in Canada? Because there is no additional points for 2 years foreign work ex

d.r.

Star Member
Jul 7, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yep, same here. My score went up from 412 to 437. I have October 2013 as the date I started working in Canada (I still am).

Thanks CIC! (I guess) :)

mapleback

Mar 15, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08 Jun 2015
Nomination.....
01 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
03 Dec 2015
Med's Done....
01 Dec 2015
Passport Req..
01 Feb 2016
VISA ISSUED...
16 Feb 2016
Bhatthal said:
Hello Seniors,

Thanks
Asivad Anac said:
2 ways of fixing this.

1. Change your start date to Dec 2013/Jan 2014 instead of Oct 2013. And rectify this in Dec 2015.

2. Keep declining ITAs till you are consciously over the limit and deserve those additional points.
If you were permanently employed on a full-time basis and your employment with the company was unbroken (meaning you were still employed to them), your time away in India would still count toward the overall two years.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mapleback said:
If you were permanently employed on a full-time basis and your employment with the company was unbroken (meaning you were still employed to them), your time away in India would still count toward the overall two years.
67 days of continuous time off isn't regular - that is 2 out of 12 months. Might not be possible to explain that away easily, makes sense to wait an additional 2 months rather than risk rejection on these grounds. Its the OP's call though, they know their situation in more detail.

Bhatthal

Star Member
Apr 22, 2014
I am in Canada and been working for same company for approx 2 years now.
I was out of the country for 67 days and my contract was not broken with the company I was still employed that time but I didn't get paid for that particular time.
Wouldn't that create any problem. Cuz as far as I understand, they only count experience to paid time not unpaid?
Thanks

Baljas

Jul 20, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2016
Doc's Request.
22-02-2016 pcc required for both applicant and spouse
AOR Received.
19-01-2016
IELTS Request
25-01-2016
Med's Done....
27-01-2016 (passed) BG check in progress 27-01-2016
Passport Req..
13-07-2016
In the same boat buddy. I was given points towards my 2 years work in canada but I m Completing my 2 years on 28th oct

mapleback

Mar 15, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08 Jun 2015
Nomination.....
01 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
03 Dec 2015
Med's Done....
01 Dec 2015
Passport Req..
01 Feb 2016
VISA ISSUED...
16 Feb 2016
Bhatthal said:
I was out of the country for 67 days and my contract was not broken with the company I was still employed that time but I didn't get paid for that particular time.
Wouldn't that create any problem. Cuz as far as I understand, they only count experience to paid time not unpaid?
Thanks
Asivad Anac said:
67 days of continuous time off isn't regular - that is 2 out of 12 months. Might not be possible to explain that away easily, makes sense to wait an additional 2 months rather than risk rejection on these grounds. Its the OP's call though, they know their situation in more detail.
It all depends on your occupation and the flexibility of your position in your company. A physical location isn't all that important for some professions. You can literally be employed by a company in Toronto and consult for customers across the globe, working 30 hours per week, while only going into the office periodically. It's a technicality where they could consider the job reference letter along with other supporting documents such as pay stubs and tax return forms, as opposed to literal punch clock times. The target is 1560 hours (52 weeks x 30 hours) but you cannot count more than 30 hours in any given week.

See:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=664&t=29
or
http://www.cic.gc.ca/ENGLISH/RESOURCES/manuals/op/op25A-eng.pdf section 6.3 "Full-time work"
It's up to the officer's discretion.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mapleback said:
It all depends on your occupation and the flexibility of your position in your company. A physical location isn't all that important for some professions. You can literally be employed by a company in Toronto and consult for customers across the globe, working 30 hours per week, while only going into the office periodically. It's a technicality where they could consider the job reference letter along with other supporting documents such as pay stubs and tax return forms, as opposed to literal punch clock times. The target is 1560 hours (52 weeks x 30 hours) but you cannot count more than 30 hours in any given week.

See:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=664&t=29
or
http://www.cic.gc.ca/ENGLISH/RESOURCES/manuals/op/op25A-eng.pdf section 6.3 "Full-time work"
It's up to the officer's discretion.
The OP did not intend that this was business travel or working remotely - this was unpaid vacation for 2 months. I'm not sure if that can be counted as full-time work.

mapleback

Mar 15, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08 Jun 2015
Nomination.....
01 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
03 Dec 2015
Med's Done....
01 Dec 2015
Passport Req..
01 Feb 2016
VISA ISSUED...
16 Feb 2016
Asivad Anac said:
The OP did not intend that this was business travel or working remotely - this was unpaid vacation for 2 months. I'm not sure if that can be counted as full-time work.
I agree with Asvid. “Work” is defined as paid work, i.e. activities for which wages are paid or commission is earned. Only paid work experience counts.

gavingan

Star Member
Jan 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bhatthal said:
Thanks
Will any of your documents to be submitted say the period was unpaid?

gavingan

Star Member
Jan 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bhatthal said:
yes..I don't have pay stubs for that particular time.
But I don't think all of the pay stubs need to be submitted, and also, pay stubs is not a mandatorily required stuff...