+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Successfully Completed Soft Landing at Peace Bridge, Buffalo with Expired CoPR (Feb 2021)

adityacs007

Star Member
Jun 13, 2019
Hi All,
I went to validate COPR at peace bridge on 3/6 and was asked to quarantine, no U turn allowed. Soft landing isn't a problem if you can quarantine. I had to come back on 4th day of quarantine because my kid got an ear infection. I called covid hotline, they said I can leave if I keep quarantined in car and am not exposed to any Canadian.

Read section 8 on this link:
https://orders-in-council.canada.ca/attachment.php?attach=39482&lang=en

Used AVR while coming back.

I am worried if officers will go to my place of quarantine (Airbnb) and don't find me, will they just report me. Anyone getting calls after they made the u-turn?

adityacs007

Star Member
Jun 13, 2019
Hello Rev3, thanks for your answer. You showed airbnb booking for quarantine in Canada? But, eventually, you cancelled it? Can you please tell me how the conversation regarding quarantine went? Did you mention that, if quarantine is mandatory, you will stay in this airbnb, else if they allow, you would return to US same day? Thanks.
I said this and officer told me to quarantine

rajgrk

Apr 17, 2019
Hello All,

I crossed Peace Bridge on March 2nd via Rental Car from US. Entire process was very smooth. I said, I want to complete my landing procedure and return back to US. They took my details, BSF186, 186a and allowed me to return to US after completing the procedure. At US, I had valid VISA and was able to enter without any issues.
I wanted to thank the forum members for sharing their experiences and answering questions.

J8ballo$

Mar 11, 2021
Congratulations! Im just curious if you have done your Covid test in the US before travelling to the border?

Hello All,

I crossed Peace Bridge on March 2nd via Rental Car from US. Entire process was very smooth. I said, I want to complete my landing procedure and return back to US. They took my details, BSF186, 186a and allowed me to return to US after completing the procedure. At US, I had valid VISA and was able to enter without any issues.
I wanted to thank the forum members for sharing their experiences and answering questions.

Hansa21

Mar 14, 2021
Hello we are looking to cross the border at Peace bridge and return the US the same day next week. We are planning to move permanently later this year. Our COPR has expired but got the email that we should travel before end of March. We will also be taking COVID test before departure.
1. Does someone have realistic COVID PCR testing in Walgreens timeframe?
2. Has anyone travelled since March 6th in without quarantine? Just read the users experience on March 6th above. We are traveling with 2 kids.
3. Is there any advise/ special requirements on getting a Airbnb if quarantine is mandated?
4. Is filling out ArriveCAN required?

thank you in advance for you help!

Reactions: hurricane25

manvina

Aug 26, 2020
Is anyone planning to travel by car from NY/NJ to complete soft landing? I need a ride as I dont have a car. I can share the expenses.

kaur1990

Jun 12, 2019
Hi Everyone, Thanks for sharing your experiences:
I am planning to do soft landing in 2 weeks. Can somone please share their experience for following 3 queries:
1) If air bnb booking is mandatory even though we want to return same day back to US?
2) Do we have to take Covid Test in US before doing soft landing in Canada?
3) How to convince the officer that we will be coming back to Canada in couple of months and now are here only for soft landing to register our PR?
4) What time of day is best for soft landing and are they open on Saturday and Sunday?

Last edited:

sowsiv

Star Member
Nov 30, 2020
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-06-2020
AOR Received.
18-06-2020
Passport Req..
19-11-2020
Thanks for sharing your experience.
I did mine yesterday (March 21,2021) and went smoothly as well.!
Thats good to know and congratulations can you please share your experience if possible. thanks in advance

Reactions: hurricane25

kaur1990

Jun 12, 2019
@J8ballo$ Thanks for your response and sharing your experience, 1) Can you please let us know which Covid Test is required for enter to Canada. Should we do PCR Test only or can also go with Rapid Diagnostic Test?
2) Also can you please guide should we go via Windsor-Detroit Tunnel OR Windor-Ambassdor bridge

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
@J8ballo$ Thanks for your response and sharing your experience, 1) Can you please let us know which Covid Test is required for enter to Canada. Should we do PCR Test only or can also go with Rapid Diagnostic Test?
2) Also can you please guide should we go via Windsor-Detroit Tunnel OR Windor-Ambassdor bridge
You can't do rapid testing. See the website for the exact list of testing permitted.

manvina

Aug 26, 2020
Successfully landed yesterday at Ambassador Bridge and came to back to US after 30 mins.
Thank you for all the inputs here.
Is there any specific time at which you should do the soft landing? I see on forums that we should do it at 8 AM in the morning