+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Submitted Tourist Visa application Online from USA...whats are the next steps?

jds2013

Apr 5, 2013
I also applied online, on 3/7/13 Got an answer on 4/1/13 requesting that I mail my passport. I mailed USPS priority to NYC, it arrived 4/2. But still no news. I sent a prepaid USPS express envelope, and so far the tracking number shows it hasn't been mailed back.
Any idea how long it would take the NYC office to stamp the passport and send it back? I wanna go to Montreal next Thursday.

Wish I had read this forum earlier, I would have definitely had sent it to LA ::)

pintooo

May 12, 2015
Hi,

Can u pls tell me which documents are required for canada visitor visa applciation ,,do i need to upload the photo while submitting the application

appreciate your help

Thanks!
Pintoo

ranjitksubramanian said:
The process normally takes 30 days. I received the reply from CIC to send the passport. I applied on 15-Feb-2013. Reply came on: 15-Mar-2013. No mails received. I checked in MYCIC Login. It takes 30 days. This is how the second letter looks like:
Dear XXX,
This is in reference to your application for temporary residence. A decision has been made on your application. We require your passport to finalize processing your application.
Passport requirements
• Please provide your passport or travel document, with a copy of this letter.
• There must be at least one blank page in your passport.
• Your passport must be valid for the duration of your expected length of stay in Canada.
• Please note that we cannot issue a visa beyond the expiry date on the passport.
Your passport must be received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada within 30 days from the date of this letter. Failure to do so could result in the refusal of your application. Please ensure that a copy of this letter is included with your passport.
To find out where to send your passport, visit our website: .
Thank you for the interest you have shown in Canada.
Attention: The unique client identification (UCI) number in the upper left corner of this letter is your personal identification number. For your own protection, do not allow any person, other than an authorized representative, to use this number asit provides access to personal information on your file.