+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Submitted Tourist Visa application Online from USA...whats are the next steps?

harvinder25

Star Member
Mar 14, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am staying in USA and submitted application online, the last step was making credit card payment. I got through the payment and got stuck on a page which listed credit card payment details. I did not see/find any info on the next steps.
I was expecting a confirmation page which will list set of documents i am supposed to send. Can someone advise on the next steps of the process?

mimram

Mar 14, 2013
Re: Submitted Tourist Visa application Online from USA...whats next?

harvinder25 said:
I am staying in USA and submitted application online, the last step was making credit card payment. I got through the payment and got stuck on a page which listed credit card payment details. I did not see/find any info on the next steps.
I was expecting a confirmation page which will list set of documents i am supposed to send. Can someone advise on the next steps of the process?
You should see a submission confirmation message on MyCIC

harvinder25

Star Member
Mar 14, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Yes i do see "Submission Confirmation" message....but i want to know what are the next steps forward. Any link with the details will be very helpful.

tqn289

Mar 9, 2013

harvinder25 said:
Yes i do see "Submission Confirmation" message....but i want to know what are the next steps forward. Any link with the details will be very helpful.
The next step is waiting for another message request sending passport to them if you got approved ;D

ranjitksubramanian

Feb 26, 2013
The process normally takes 30 days. I received the reply from CIC to send the passport. I applied on 15-Feb-2013. Reply came on: 15-Mar-2013. No mails received. I checked in MYCIC Login. It takes 30 days. This is how the second letter looks like:
Dear XXX,
This is in reference to your application for temporary residence. A decision has been made on your application. We require your passport to finalize processing your application.
Passport requirements
• Please provide your passport or travel document, with a copy of this letter.
• There must be at least one blank page in your passport.
• Your passport must be valid for the duration of your expected length of stay in Canada.
• Please note that we cannot issue a visa beyond the expiry date on the passport.
Your passport must be received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada within 30 days from the date of this letter. Failure to do so could result in the refusal of your application. Please ensure that a copy of this letter is included with your passport.
To find out where to send your passport, visit our website: .
Thank you for the interest you have shown in Canada.
Attention: The unique client identification (UCI) number in the upper left corner of this letter is your personal identification number. For your own protection, do not allow any person, other than an authorized representative, to use this number asit provides access to personal information on your file.

ranjitksubramanian

Feb 26, 2013
I Received notification for sending passport - 03-15-2013
Applied online - 02-15-2013

My passport reached Los Angeles Consulate on Monday (03-18-2013) - 11:40 AM
LA Consulate stamped it on Tuesday (03-19-2013) and sent it to USPS - 03:30 PM
I received passport back on Wednesday (03-20-2013) morning 10:35 AM

So Always go for LA Consulate.. It is fastest..

scrls5

Mar 20, 2013
I guess we are in a similar situation, just sent mine yesterday. I did noticed that the confirmation of the payment page was all messed up, but I was able to copy the text that included my receipt number or something like that.

I guess if you have the application number VXXXXXX you should be alright

veb1

Mar 12, 2013
ranjitksubramanian said:
I Received notification for sending passport - 03-15-2013
Applied online - 02-15-2013

My passport reached Los Angeles Consulate on Monday (03-18-2013) - 11:40 AM
LA Consulate stamped it on Tuesday (03-19-2013) and sent it to USPS - 03:30 PM
I received passport back on Wednesday (03-20-2013) morning 10:35 AM

So Always go for LA Consulate.. It is fastest..
Hi Ranjit,
Can you tell me if u had applied online and if you uploaded a scanned and signed form for IMM5645E (family information) or not. I assumed that since no signature is needed for IMM5257 the same wud be the case for the other form. Has anyone got an approval by submitting a unsigned form IMM5645??
Thanks.

ranjitksubramanian

Feb 26, 2013
Hi Buddy..
Nothing to worry
IMM5257 - Did not scan & sign - Just Digital Signature by validating
IMM5645(Dependent) - No Signature. Just filled and uploaded.

I got it cleared. Its clearly mentioned no online forms require signature..
When did u apply ur application ?

harvinder25

Star Member
Mar 14, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have submitted my tourist visa application online.

Question 1) Do we need to submit original documents....i did scan them and were submitted online? On online portal i can see the last column named "Required By" with a date of "April 2nd"? what does that mean?

Question 2) If any additional documents are required by the embassy officers, how is that communicated ...via email or via the online portal? Does this add additional delay in processing?

Question 3) If you live in US, where should passports be sent for quick processing...NY or LA?

Thanks for your help!

ranjitksubramanian

Feb 26, 2013
Question 1) Do we need to submit original documents....i did scan them and were submitted online? On online portal i can see the last column named "Required By" with a date of "April 2nd"? what does that mean?
All documents have to be submitted online before that date. basically Its 60 days from the day your checklist has been created

Question 2) If any additional documents are required by the embassy officers, how is that communicated ...via email or via the online portal? Does this add additional delay in processing?
It will be available in MyCIC login as well as in Mail. But Mail communication takes time sometimes. So always check in MYCIC login page

Question 3) If you live in US, where should passports be sent for quick processing...NY or LA?
LA is fastest. So send it to LA.

tqn289

Mar 9, 2013
ranjitksubramanian said:
Hi Buddy..
Nothing to worry
IMM5257 - Did not scan & sign - Just Digital Signature by validating
IMM5645(Dependent) - No Signature. Just filled and uploaded.

I got it cleared. Its clearly mentioned no online forms require signature..
When did u apply ur application ?
Hello Ranjitksubramanian (your name is pretty long :D)

Did they say any specific location that you should send your passport to?
I got the message but no specific location mentioned. should I send to whatever I want like LA, for example?

Starfish88

Apr 5, 2013
My question is i already got a bar code and validated the form,.. But unfortunately i had a mistake with my informations,can i make another application again?