+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

submit spouse sponsorship application while living outside

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
Hi wakki , good news my online ecas shows decision made on my Permanent side, and we got pre arrival email yesterday . What you think how long its can take for passport request from delhi office and what you think about decision made. Thanks
if you got pre arrival email yesterday and DM...passport request (PPR) will arrive soon.....patience.

Star Member
May 16, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
if you got pre arrival email yesterday and DM...passport request (PPR) will arrive soon.....patience.
Hi Wakki, once anybody receives pre arrival, so the file is complete, they will issue the visa soon?. Thanks

Star Member
May 16, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Your ECAS as the sponsor?

Have you received an earlier message saying you were approved as a sponsor? If no, that may be what this "decision" is.
My sponsorship was approved, so now they made decision made on my Permanent residence file

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
pre-arrival means your have passed eligibility assessment, you still have to pass background check, before passport request.

Star Member
May 16, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
De
pre-arrival means your have passed eligibility assessment, you still have to pass background check, before passport request.
Decision made means officer complete the file. Thanks

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
My sponsorship was approved, so now they made decision made on my Permanent residence file
decision made means the visa office has made a decision to approve or not...likely the decision is approved....congrats.

Vinnie2019

Oct 21, 2018
To the above...what I meant was to put two applications, one is for my wife, PA and the other is mine, the sponsor, in one envelope to be mailed to the IRCC.
Spousal sponsorship process completion time varies depending on the Visa Office and on a case basis.......will advice you assume process completion takes 12 months to help reduce the waiting stress.......relax.....its a wait game.

your application processing will not be slowed down because of your 2nd marriage if you submitted all the supporting doduments which i think you did as the PA has done medical exam.

Communicating with IRCC

Vinnie2019

Oct 21, 2018
Dear Wakki.
I have a few questions that need your help.
1. IRCC asks for my yr-mm-dd regarding my certificate of Canadian citizenship. My COCC have only the year that it was issued. What should I do?? I am thinking of doing a search. Can I submit my search application at Canadian consulate in Vietnam to search for it? The form requests the address. Can I use the address in vn as my resident address?
2. My wife father passed away. We try to search for his birthday but no avail. The only thing that we can find is the year he was born in. What should we do to complete question being asked?
3. My wife passport has only 2 year validity. Is it fine to use it to fill in the blanks?

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
1. you may provide the date it was issued.....and maybe provide a letter to explain

2. provide the year he was born and any month and day....and provide a letter to explain

3. yes

Vinnie2019

Oct 21, 2018
Thank you very much Wakki...you are the best
Hi Wakki.
We received an email from Singapore office stating that my wife application has been approved on Oct 20, 2020 after many months of waiting. We sent in our application on July 18, 2019. We were asked to draw up a travel plans in order to comply with the 14 days quanrantine requirement when arriving in Canada. We are quite confused when we go through the requirements in details and do not know how to begin with.
We have our relatives in Canada and they are willing to take us in. Could you help to provide us with some information how we can process this travel plan with ease so we can submit to Singapore office?
My wife PR visa will expire in Dec 30, 2020.
The email from Singapore office also mentioned that we should delay our travel if we have no travel plan and we can notify the office to get new visa and COPR issued after the travel restrictions are lifted. We are afraid that we have to send in more up dated documents if we do delay our travel back to Canada. This will set us back for many extra months waiting. The lifting of pandemic restrictions may not happen.soon.
We really want to go back home so that my son can attend school.
My son and I have Canadian passports. Our case is an outland sponsorship.
Thank you for your time.
We appreciate what you have done for many people like us.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi Wakki.
We received an email from Singapore office stating that my wife application has been approved on Oct 20, 2020 after many months of waiting. We sent in our application on July 18, 2019. We were asked to draw up a travel plans in order to comply with the 14 days quanrantine requirement when arriving in Canada. We are quite confused when we go through the requirements in details and do not know how to begin with.
We have our relatives in Canada and they are willing to take us in. Could you help to provide us with some information how we can process this travel plan with ease so we can submit to Singapore office?
My wife PR visa will expire in Dec 30, 2020.
The email from Singapore office also mentioned that we should delay our travel if we have no travel plan and we can notify the office to get new visa and COPR issued after the travel restrictions are lifted. We are afraid that we have to send in more up dated documents if we do delay our travel back to Canada. This will set us back for many extra months waiting. The lifting of pandemic restrictions may not happen.soon.
We really want to go back home so that my son can attend school.
My son and I have Canadian passports. Our case is an outland sponsorship.
Thank you for your time.
We appreciate what you have done for many people like us.
You can quarantine with your relatives as long as they are going to quarantine for 14 days as well (meaning none of you will leave the dwelling for 2 weeks for any reason) or provided that they have a separate apartment in their house where you can isolate and have no direct contact with them for two weeks (i.e. separate kitchen, bathroom, etc.). Alternatively you can book an airbnb for two weeks and arrange for food / groceries to be delivered.