+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

submit spouse sponsorship application while living outside

Vinnie2019

Oct 21, 2018
Hi Wakki.
When applying the spouse sponsorship. Is it right that my application can be sent in together with my wife and child application in one envelope since I still live outside canada? Does my wife has to do a medical exam to include in the application or after the case is approved? My child has a Canadian citizenship since I am a canadian citizen. Is he exempted from medical exam?
Thank you very much for time.
Looking forward to hear from you .

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
if your child is a Canadian citizen....the Canadian citizen child cannot be sponsored or issued a visa and cannot be included in spousal sponsorship as a dependent.......fill the forms and submit the supporting documents as required in the checklist.....your sponsored wife will be the Principal Applicant (PA) in the forms......your Canadian citizen child should not be included in any of the forms except IMM5406.....the PA is required to declare their family members in IMM5406 whether they are Canadian citizen or not Canadian citizen.......since you the Canadian citizen sponsor lives outside Canada you will need to include a proof of intent to live in Canada after the PR visa is issued for the PA......only your wife will be required to do medical exam.....your Canadian citizen child is not a dependent in the application and will not do medical exam.

Spousal Sponsorship Forms, Instructions Guide and Checklist

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
Most straight forward Outland Spousal Sponsorship follow these process steps (the order of the steps may vary)
  1. Application received at IRCC
  2. IRCC start processing application
  3. Receive Acknowledgement of Receipt (AOR 1)
  4. Link Application to Online Account
  5. Upload Schedule A form
  6. Sponsor Approval and File transfer to VO
  7. VO starts processing PR application (AOR 2)
  8. Receive Request for Medical Exam
  9. Medical Exam @ IRCC Panel Physician Clinic
  10. Medical Exam Result
  11. Passport Request (PPR)
  12. Pick-up Permanent Residency Visa (PUM)
Spousal sponsorship process completion time varies depending on the Visa Office and on a case basis.......will advice you assume process completion takes 12 months to help reduce the waiting stress.......relax.....its a wait game.

Vinnie2019

Oct 21, 2018
Thank you very much for your valuable information.
Is it right that we can send both of our applications in the same envelop to IRCC in Sydney. NS and then pay online?

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
send the spousal sponsorship application for your wife to NS.

Not sure what you mean by "Is it right that we can send both of our applications in the same envelop to IRCC in Sydney".

clarify what you mean....send both of our applications

Vinnie2019

Oct 21, 2018
Hi Wakki.
So sorry. It have been my misunderstanding on how to submit the applications. According to my knowledge. I have to submit part of an application as sponsor and my wife has to submit hers as PA by sending it to me. This is the case the I apply as if I live in Canada. On the other hand, I live outside the country, the applications which include both of us, have to be mailed to Sydney, NS. Please correct me if I am wrong. I begin to understand how to process with the applications.
Thank you again for your valuable time.

Vinnie2019

Oct 21, 2018
To the above...what I meant was to put two applications, one is for my wife, PA and the other is mine, the sponsor, in one envelope to be mailed to the IRCC.

Star Member
May 16, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Most straight forward Outland Spousal Sponsorship follow these process steps (the order of the steps may vary)
  1. Application received at IRCC
  2. IRCC start processing application
  3. Receive Acknowledgement of Receipt (AOR 1)
  4. Link Application to Online Account
  5. Upload Schedule A form
  6. Sponsor Approval and File transfer to VO
  7. VO starts processing PR application (AOR 2)
  8. Receive Request for Medical Exam
  9. Medical Exam @ IRCC Panel Physician Clinic
  10. Medical Exam Result
  11. Passport Request (PPR)
  12. Pick-up Permanent Residency Visa (PUM)
Spousal sponsorship process completion time varies depending on the Visa Office and on a case basis.......will advice you assume process completion takes 12 months to help reduce the waiting stress.......relax.....its a wait game.
Hi there, I sponsored my wife on April 4 this year. We got medical, file transfer very quickly, my file was transferred to delhi office on June 20. After that no update. This is my second marriage, what you think in my case it will take little bit longer?. And second thing I have lawyer, I can't link my gckey. Do you know how I can link by myself. Thanks

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
Hi Wakki.
So sorry. It have been my misunderstanding on how to submit the applications. According to my knowledge. I have to submit part of an application as sponsor and my wife has to submit hers as PA by sending it to me. This is the case the I apply as if I live in Canada. On the other hand, I live outside the country, the applications which include both of us, have to be mailed to Sydney, NS. Please correct me if I am wrong. I begin to understand how to process with the applications.
Thank you again for your valuable time.
You only have to send one application package to sponsor your wife.....the spousal sponsorship application is one but has two parts, (1) Sponsor application to sponsor their spouse (2) Sponsored spouse application for PR in Canada.

You only need to send one application package to NS.....fill the forms and include supporting documents as required in the checklist

Good Luck

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
Hi there, I sponsored my wife on April 4 this year. We got medical, file transfer very quickly, my file was transferred to delhi office on June 20. After that no update. This is my second marriage, what you think in my case it will take little bit longer?. And second thing I have lawyer, I can't link my gckey. Do you know how I can link by myself. Thanks

your application processing will not be slowed down because of your 2nd marriage if you submitted all the supporting doduments which i think you did as the PA has done medical exam.

Communicating with IRCC

Vinnie2019

Oct 21, 2018
You only have to send one application package to sponsor your wife.....the spousal sponsorship application is one but has two parts, (1) Sponsor application to sponsor their spouse (2) Sponsored spouse application for PR in Canada.

You only need to send one application package to NS.....fill the forms and include supporting documents as required in the checklist

Good Luck

Star Member
May 16, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

your application processing will not be slowed down because of your 2nd marriage if you submitted all the supporting doduments which i think you did as the PA has done medical exam.

Communicating with IRCC
Hi wakki , good news my online ecas shows decision made on my Permanent side, and we got pre arrival email yesterday . What you think how long its can take for passport request from delhi office and what you think about decision made. Thanks

monkeys89

Aug 24, 2018
Category........
FAM
Hi wakki , good news my online ecas shows decision made on my Permanent side, and we got pre arrival email yesterday . What you think how long its can take for passport request from delhi office and what you think about decision made. Thanks
Your ECAS as the sponsor?

Have you received an earlier message saying you were approved as a sponsor? If no, that may be what this "decision" is.

Star Member
May 16, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Your ECAS as the sponsor?

Have you received an earlier message saying you were approved as a sponsor? If no, that may be what this "decision" is.
Yes my sponsorship was approved before, mine both side shows decision made