+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION NOW

chella99

Star Member
Mar 22, 2007
My son has completed all the requirements for applying for citizenship and intends to apply now. Given the disruption all over in the work schedules due to Covid 19, is it possible and advisable now to submit the appplication to the Nova Scotia Office ? Will the authorities accept the application now ? Someone has posted a link in this forum that the authority is just receiving the file and keeping it separate due to the Covid crisis and that the file is likely to be dumped and may not receive any attention for a long time and may get even misplaced. On the other hand, the official website states that applications continue to be accepted.

I look forward to detailed valuable views on the desirability of the submission now or defer it later, so that we can take proper decision,

Thanks.

Chellamani

ciscoccie

Jul 2, 2014
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My son has completed all the requirements for applying for citizenship and intends to apply now. Given the disruption all over in the work schedules due to Covid 19, is it possible and advisable now to submit the appplication to the Nova Scotia Office ? Will the authorities accept the application now ? Someone has posted a link in this forum that the authority is just receiving the file and keeping it separate due to the Covid crisis and that the file is likely to be dumped and may not receive any attention for a long time and may get even misplaced. On the other hand, the official website states that applications continue to be accepted.

I look forward to detailed valuable views on the desirability of the submission now or defer it later, so that we can take proper decision,

Thanks.

Chellamani

Applications are being accepted as of now however due to covid there will be unusual delay. If you do not submit the application now and plan to do so after a year or so there might be a massive backlog of applications already. At that time your processing will become more delayed as CIC treats applications on first come first serve basis.

Always go with official website information as in public forum anyone can post any kind of information and there seems to be no mechanism to stop these fake assumptions.

When you say CIC is keeping the file in separate place that is correct but this is not related to the virus and used to happen even before this. When you apply for immigration or citizenship and then get information from GCMS notes sometimes it will say file status as put away. This does not mean they are going to destroy the file, the people in this forum generally believe this means the file is awaiting review. Another thing which could happen is that they are putting the physical file in a separate room due to virus spread. I believe even University of Toronto/CES is also doing the same as they believe the virus can spread by accepting parcels/documents similar to getting amazon packages at home. As of now, there is no mechanism to bypass this and I believe they will only touch file after the vaccine is there.

Reactions: arsal385

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Why would you take someone saying on a forum a file might be dumped or misplaced for sure as opposed to the official site which implies applications are still being accepted even though obviously processing might take longer.

Follow official guidelines to send to the correct location and track the application through receipt.

The chances of being misplaced or not are not necessarily any greater COVID or no COVID and you could speculate that application receipt sequence may well be maintained so no point delaying due to COVID.

As above post could speculate that processes are in place to receive mail in such a way to minimise risks to staff but depending on which article you read the virus has a limited shelf life on packages/ documents so any delay to get into the system possibly minimum, much same as waiting a few precautionary days at home with an Amazon delivery.

If any delay at all it is likely the backlog building due to staffing issues but as said no point in delaying sending in an application regardless how long it might take.

Reactions: shazahsan

lossada

Sep 5, 2017
My son has completed all the requirements for applying for citizenship and intends to apply now. Given the disruption all over in the work schedules due to Covid 19, is it possible and advisable now to submit the application to the Nova Scotia Office ? Will the authorities accept the application now ? Someone has posted a link in this forum that the authority is just receiving the file and keeping it separate due to the Covid crisis and that the file is likely to be dumped and may not receive any attention for a long time and may get even misplaced. On the other hand, the official website states that applications continue to be accepted.

Thanks.

Chellamani
as soon as your child apply, he will become citizen sonner