+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

stupid question about "Space Reserved for Applicant's Photo"

juice

Jan 28, 2010
Searching couldn't provide me with a clear answer. I have to re-do Schedule 1 for my wife because her dad just passed away, and in double-checking all our documents I am now a little bit confused, because as you know, sometimes the instructions are not clear.

In the guide for Photo Specs we're meant to provide 5 photos, one only with the name and DOB of applicant, and family members. Put these in an envelope with the name on the envelope, and use a paperclip (they must have soooooo many paperclips at CPC-M). On the Background/Declaration form there are "Space Reserved for Applicant's Photo"

My Stupid Question is thus:
Should we have 6 photos? One to apply to the Background form and 5 for the envelope? Should we be attaching the photo ourselves or do they use one from the envelope?

Anytime I've applied for a visa to travel somewhere, I've used a gluestick to attach my photo.

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

Searching couldn't provide me with a clear answer. I have to re-do Schedule 1 for my wife because her dad just passed away, and in double-checking all our documents I am now a little bit confused, because as you know, sometimes the instructions are not clear.
Yes, true.

In the guide for Photo Specs we're meant to provide 5 photos, one only with the name and DOB of applicant, and family members. Put these in an envelope with the name on the envelope, and use a paperclip (they must have soooooo many paperclips at CPC-M). On the Background/Declaration form there are "Space Reserved for Applicant's Photo"

My Stupid Question is thus:
Should we have 6 photos? One to apply to the Background form and 5 for the envelope? Should we be attaching the photo ourselves or do they use one from the envelope?

one on the form pasted with glue. Other 4 in a small envelope, clipped to the application package.

Anytime I've applied for a visa to travel somewhere, I've used a gluestick to attach my photo. They need the additional photos for use on the medical form and also for the COPR. That is why they ask NOT to glue all photos.

In case you mail any extra one they will finally return the unused photos with the passport.

vonster

Star Member
Jan 5, 2010
I've asked this question before and someone answered NO photo on Space reserved in form.
I'm supposed to only put 5 in the envelope and no photo sticking in forms...

now im confused

vonster

Star Member
Jan 5, 2010
Hi
Quote from: vonster on February 03, 2010, 10:31:24 am
For Family Sponsorship - PR Application.

In the CheckList, it indicates 5 Immigration Photos Each.

But IT DOES NOT MENTION if I'm supposed to attached some of these photos in the APPLICATION FORM.

There are boxes that are marked space "RESERVED FOR APPLICANT'S PHOTO" and "RESERVED FOR FAMILY MEMBER'S PHOTO".

Question:
Do I include 5 Photos Each plus the photos attach on these boxes?

Thanks.

"When all else fails, read the instructions"

1. You don't attach the photos, you submit them in an envelope.

PMM

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Form IMM 008E, what I did was, when I submitted the application I pasted one of the photo in the column provided and others clipped in the envelope.

If you follow the check list instructions and send all the photos as directed, there will not be any problem. As you have already marked the photos for proper identification, the visa office staff will do it accordingly.

ariell

Oct 9, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You do not glue any photos on the form. You put ALL of the photos in an envelope and close the envelope with a paper clip. That's it.

There is also inaccurate information in the above responses. The number of photos that you submit to CIC with your application is specified in your regional guide. These are different than the photos that you bring to your medical. So in our case (applying through ND), we needed 5 photos for the medical exam + the number of photos specified in the regional guide (6 in our case). So we needed 11 photos in total. The photos that you submit with your application are NOT part of the number you submit with your medical.