+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Stupid beauracrats!

bkuper

Star Member
Jul 2, 2009
We got our visas last year and made our initial landing in Toronto in December. We have returned home temporarily to see to the sale of our house.

Anyway, my husband got his PR card within a few weeks, but my son and I have been waiting and waiting.
Last week my family member in Toronto got a letter to say that they can't process the remaining cards because the photographs are the wrong size!
To me this is just stupid - these are the photographs which have been used throughout our application and were even the ones attached to our landing papers!

Now someone down the chain decides that they are the wrong size - all 3 sets of photos were taken by the same person on the same day. They are standard passport size. How can one set be okay, but not the other two?????

I know it's not the end of the world, but we are making our final move over there in 5 weeks time and now we have to go through the additional hassle, stress and expense of getting Travel Documents for myself and my son.

Also we will have to go to the govt offices in Toronto within 180 days to present new photos for the PR card processing.

These things are surely sent to test us........LOL

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In fact there is no sense in making a comment about your situation. But you are not alone. I have seen few other posts also lat year explaining similar to yours. The photo fixed to your COPR is an acceptable size according to CIC specification, otherwise it would have been asked to replace by the visa office. However, you cannot question CIC and you have to follow their requirement if you need PR Card.

fariza

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2010
Australia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I can feel and see the reason of your disappointment BKUPER...
I understand you have had due need to come back after landing without PR card for you and your son... but Captain Qorax urged in particular not to leave without PR card after the landing as these photo issue (As you said sometimes doesn't make any sense!!)is not very uncommon... It is also however not also suggested to rely on even using a relative address for getting the PR card received by someone else on one's behalf and get posted... This is also one of the reason why many landed immigrant forced to spent and withstand additional expenses (than planned) sometimes even more than 2-3 months (as PR card issue time varies as it mentioned on paper/CIC web) for the sake of receiving PR card and come back home country to prepare for more organized reentry...
Anyway hope you will be able to overcome with all anticipated hassle to reenter and receive your PR card..
All the very best
cheers
fariza

weddingtonite

Star Member
Mar 13, 2011
bkuper said:
We got our visas last year and made our initial landing in Toronto in December. We have returned home temporarily to see to the sale of our house.

Anyway, my husband got his PR card within a few weeks, but my son and I have been waiting and waiting.
Last week my family member in Toronto got a letter to say that they can't process the remaining cards because the photographs are the wrong size!
To me this is just stupid - these are the photographs which have been used throughout our application and were even the ones attached to our landing papers!

Now someone down the chain decides that they are the wrong size - all 3 sets of photos were taken by the same person on the same day. They are standard passport size. How can one set be okay, but not the other two?????

I know it's not the end of the world, but we are making our final move over there in 5 weeks time and now we have to go through the additional hassle, stress and expense of getting Travel Documents for myself and my son.

Also we will have to go to the govt offices in Toronto within 180 days to present new photos for the PR card processing.

These things are surely sent to test us........LOL
Take it easy and relax. some times these kinds of blunders do happen. Just laugh a lot and take your frustration out............. :D

canadaforall

Champion Member
Aug 11, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30th January 2009
Doc's Request.
February .12 .2009
AOR Received.
30. 08.2009
IELTS Request
no
File Transfer...
Med's Request
march 27th 2012
Med's Done....
5 april 2012
Interview........
waved
Passport Req..
March 27th 2912
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
weddingtonite said:
Take it easy and relax. some times these kinds of blunders do happen. Just laugh a lot and take your frustration out............. :D

Hi Weddingtonight,
I agree with you. The system is not error free. They make many errors and if you are not careful you will be rejected for their errors. Can you imagine my visa officer ask me to provide police certificates for countries i only visited. Thank God my case has been delay for long and i was worried, so i decided to order Caip Notes only to see the big mistake he made. i have written to them already waiting for reply.

Cheers

bkuper

Star Member
Jul 2, 2009
Hi Fariza,

I understand what you're saying, however -

we could not wait around in Canada until our PR cards came. My husband only got his at the beginning of March and there was no way we could stay in Toronto from December to March as he still had work commitments and our son still had to attend school. There is no real way of knowing how long they take.

The family members address was no problem - hubby's was delivered to that address, as were the letters informing us that we needed new pictures for the other two cards. Hubby's PR card is currently being couriered to us as we speak.

Having reliable relatives is half the battle :)

fariza

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2010
Australia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bkuper said:
Having reliable relatives is half the battle :)
It is indeed... Anyway hope you will have a hassle free reentry and successful settlement. Are you planning to settle in Toronto? Hope your relatives come to you a great support in this regard.... All the best mate... Pl keep me in your prayer as I am still being hanged on.....
Take care