+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Stupid and ridiculous situation-need urgent advice!!!!

Lady M

Sep 27, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So i have apply for restoration of work permit base an my husband LMIA back in JULY.....today i called CIC to see if any decision has been made and they said there is no decision because my file was transfer at special department and my dead line for decision is 15 March 2016....Now....my application for PPR was approved in 12 of Nov and i have sent already our PP to Otawa...I'm wondering when i will get my PP back and i'm going on border they will ask me for POF...? we are under CEC with LMIA but in the last 5 months we was out of work because we was waiting for restoration ....Probably i'm the only one in this stupid situation but i need some opinion.... :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[

TrackIT

Dec 12, 2014
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-03-2017
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
09-03-2017
Med's Done....
29-03-2017
Passport Req..
28-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-07-2017
LANDED..........
24-08-2017
Lady M,
I can understand your situation and yes its freaking. Well I know someone who is not in the same situation as yours but she have been waiting for WP since June 2015 and no answer yet :( now that you mentioned about calling CIC I will suggest the same to my friend just to check with the processing time. I hope you get a positive result soon good luck !

snail

Nov 16, 2015
Don't you just have to show your husband's job offer letter isn't he the principle applicant? I thought CEC was exempt from proof of funds. Why do you need a work permit if you are getting COPR next week?

Lady M

Sep 27, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
snail said:
Don't you just have to show your husband's job offer letter isn't he the principle applicant? I thought CEC was exempt from proof of funds. Why do you need a work permit if you are getting COPR next week?
Because at this time I have no status in Canada (we are still waiting for restoration of work permit),i was planing to do my landing at Cic office but now because i don't have a valid status i can't ....The only option for me is to do the landing at the border ....and if they will ask me for POF i do not have 15000 $......This is what i don't understand....my husband has LMIA but he was not working in the last 5 months because he was waiting for restoration of work permit and it seems they don't want to restore our status as a worker....

Banff2015

Jul 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Oh wow how were you even able to apply for express entry with an expired Lmia? That's crazy they allowed it. Super lucky

Lady M

Sep 27, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Banff2015 said:
Oh wow how were you even able to apply for express entry with an expired Lmia? That's crazy they allowed it. Super lucky
The LMIA was not expired...lol...it was a new LMIA issued in end of June.... just our status was expired because we was waiting for LMIA and ones we get it we apply for restoration of status as a worker...

scell

Jan 31, 2011
Lady M said:
So i have apply for restoration of work permit base an my husband LMIA back in JULY.....today i called CIC to see if any decision has been made and they said there is no decision because my file was transfer at special department and my dead line for decision is 15 March 2016....Now....my application for PPR was approved in 12 of Nov and i have sent already our PP to Otawa...I'm wondering when i will get my PP back and i'm going on border they will ask me for POF...? we are under CEC with LMIA but in the last 5 months we was out of work because we was waiting for restoration ....Probably i'm the only one in this stupid situation but i need some opinion.... :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[
From what I understand you have already applied for restoration of work permit, you just haven't received their decision. Did you apply for renewal of work permit before the previous one expired? If yes, then no need to worry as you have an implied status and you can show proof of applying for the status to the immigration officer by showing fee payment receipt and previous work permit.

If you applied for restoration of work permit within 90 days of exoiration of your work permit, you can stay in canada but must stop working until the decision is made. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=192&t=17 If you did that then again you can show proof of applying for restoration, fee paid etc. and LMIA. I would suggest you go to the border and land asap after you receive your passports.

Lady M

Sep 27, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
scell said:
From what I understand you have already applied for restoration of work permit, you just haven't received their decision. Did you apply for renewal of work permit before the previous one expired? If yes, then no need to worry as you have an implied status and you can show proof of applying for the status to the immigration officer by showing fee payment receipt and previous work permit.

If you applied for restoration of work permit within 90 days of exoiration of your work permit, you can stay in canada but must stop working until the decision is made. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=192&t=17 If you did that then again you can show proof of applying for restoration, fee paid etc. and LMIA. I would suggest you go to the border and land asap after you receive your passports.
Yea i plan to go on border ones i get my COPR ,can anyone tell me where i can go? I live in Grande Prairie ,AB...which border is closer?

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
I don't think your current status would be of any issue related to POF.

The program you got PR through is CEC - also you have an LMIA based job offer - both of these exclude from POF.

Just carry proof of every thing you said above - i.e. YOU STOPPED WORKING when you were in restoration of status state along with LMIA based offer and possibly request your spouse's employer to be on a phone in case CBSA wants to call to confirm etc. and you should be fine.

All the very best and do post your experience once you are through.

Lady M

Sep 27, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Still wondering if somebody can answer : so at this moment i have no status as our application for restoration of work permit it's still in process,if i'm going for landing at border i need POF? my husband has a valid LMIA but he is not working currently ...I live in Grande Prairie ,AB...which border is closer?

pfse

Mar 20, 2014
Lady M said:
Still wondering if somebody can answer : so at this moment i have no status as our application for restoration of work permit it's still in process,if i'm going for landing at border i need POF? my husband has a valid LMIA but he is not working currently ...I live in Grande Prairie ,AB...which border is closer?
As other already said, you don't need to show POF for CEC. Here is what CIC says:
Unless you are currently authorized to work in Canada and have a valid job offer from an employer in Canada, or you have been invited to apply under the Canadian Experience Class, you must show that you have enough money to support yourself and your family after you get to Canada.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp