+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Studying online (canadian university) without Study Visa. help please!!!

needhelp6622

Sep 4, 2020
My friend is outside canada, couldn't apply back in july-august for study visa due to embassy was closed.

He took permission from a canadian university and paid the tuition fees and started doing online classes without study visa.

Early September he applied and mid September he got results that study visa is rejected. (Was his online classes legal?)

What can be done next? He really wants to continue studying and get a study visa. Do he need a new offer letter for 2nd semester?

Help please!

needhelp6622

Sep 4, 2020
His studies will not be official/legal without an aip or sp
1. So it means even if he applies again for study visa (for the 2nd semester of studies), it will automatically reject?

2. But he got permission from University that he can study online, and even the IRCC (i believe) said that students can study online while in their own home countries, am i right?

ayesha_llk2

Aug 11, 2020
Correct me if im wrong but if he defers the admission, even if he took classes it shouldnt matter right ? If so defer, and then apply again

Laguna55

Jul 19, 2020
1. So it means even if he applies again for study visa (for the 2nd semester of studies), it will automatically reject?

2. But he got permission from University that he can study online, and even the IRCC (i believe) said that students can study online while in their own home countries, am i right?
Not sure why people think they have the right to study without aip or sp, it doesn't matter if the University said. And online study from abroad is only when someone has an aip.

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020

The university's permission is only good insofar as you are recognized as a valid student by the university. It has nothing to do with your legal status as an international student in Canada. IRCC only said you can study online while your application is being processed. You have been REFUSED but you still don't seem to recognize the severity of your situation.

Reactions: Bishops2020

Laguna55

Jul 19, 2020
Someone posted about a week ago in a similar situation, he or she had started a PhD because the university had said so and then the student got rejected for sp. My dli automatically deferred my intake once I couldn't produce my sp by a certain date.

Bishops2020

Aug 8, 2020
Not sure why people think they have the right to study without aip or sp, it doesn't matter if the University said. And online study from abroad is only when someone has an aip.
First stage approval is not needed to start online studies in Canada, it is within the rules. As first stage approval is no guarantee of a study permit, studying without a study permit is a risk.

needhelp6622

Sep 4, 2020
First stage approval is not needed to start online studies in Canada, it is within the rules. As first stage approval is no guarantee of a study permit, studying without a study permit is a risk.
Just need to clarify, so my first post (online study without AIP or study visa) was still valid in the eyes of IRCC?

If he is to apply again for study visa, he can apply for Jan 2021 intake (2nd semester)?

Bishops2020

Aug 8, 2020
Just need to clarify, so my first post (online study without AIP or study visa) was still valid in the eyes of IRCC?

If he is to apply again for study visa, he can apply for Jan 2021 intake (2nd semester)?
I don't think it's relevant your friend was studying without a study permit, what is relevant are the reasons for refusal of the permit. GCMS notes will enlighten him more.