+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study & Work (french classes) - extend work permit

brenda_qc

Oct 25, 2013
Hello!

I came to Canada with a study and work visa (6 months - 3: study / 3: work) and I found a job in IT (my professional area, I have 7 years of experience and university complet), the enterprise wanna extend my work permit for more 1 year. My boss sent all the documentation with a copy of my actual work permit to Service Canada and Immigration, and my dossie was opened 1 month before my actual Work Permit expiration. My question is, I can continue working if my actual work visa expires before I receive the response from immigration?

As written in those in CIC and Service Canada sites, I can. But I really want to confirm it because I don't wanna know the penitentiary of Canada :eek:

Thank you so much!

BigBee

Oct 10, 2013
brenda_qc said:
Hello!

I came to Canada with a study and work visa (6 months - 3: study / 3: work) and I found a job in IT (my professional area, I have 7 years of experience and university complet), the enterprise wanna extend my work permit for more 1 year. My boss sent all the documentation with a copy of my actual work permit to Service Canada and Immigration, and my dossie was opened 1 month before my actual Work Permit expiration. My question is, I can continue working if my actual work visa expires before I receive the response from immigration?

As written in those in CIC and Service Canada sites, I can. But I really want to confirm it because I don't wanna know the penitentiary of Canada :eek:

Thank you so much!
Hi Brenda... Yes, you can, Once WP extension is applied, after your current WP expires, your status will be known as "Implied Status", but, if for some reason if CIC refuses your WP extension, you will have to leave the country immediately.

- B