+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

STUDY WITH KIDS

Sep 13, 2018
Good day everyone.

Please I want to confirm if it’s possible for 3 children to accompany their Mother who is applying to study in Canada?

If it’s realistic, what could be the requirements?

Thank you.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Good day everyone.

Please I want to confirm if it’s possible for 3 children to accompany their Mother who is applying to study in Canada?

Thank you.
If over 5 they need study permits. If they need daycare then start looking at options.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Good day everyone.

Thank you.
It's possible. You will need to show much higher funds to prove you have enough money to cover the additional living expenses and child care costs. Child care costs are very expensive in Canada.

Reactions: wonderbly

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Good day everyone.

Thank you.
Permits or visas aren’t guaranteed for families of international students. Seems to depend on the type of degree and the ability to support your family in Canada.

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Good day everyone.

Thank you.
Yes it's possible as I did the same (with 4 kids). You need to:
  • make sure that your study program makes sense and shows advancement
  • You have more than the minimum required funds for your family size.
Has have been mentioned, if your children require daycare or afterschool care, you will need to show that you have enough funds for this. Daycare/after school can be quite expensive.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Has have been mentioned, if your children require daycare or afterschool care, you will need to show that you have enough funds for this. Daycare/after school can be quite expensive.
Looks like you applied for a masters. There seems to be an increased chances of approval for family if you are doing a masters or PhD.

RS20201

Star Member
Sep 8, 2020
Hi @wonderbly/ @Naturgrl,

My Study permit and visitor visa for dependent child got approved recently. We will be travelling to Canada on 25 Dec. I understand that I will get the study permit at the port of entry. However, how do I enrol my child into school. She will be travelling on visitor visa with me. Do i need a separate study permit for her as well?

Reactions: Sleezo

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Hi @wonderbly/ @Naturgrl,

My Study permit and visitor visa for dependent child got approved recently. We will be travelling to Canada on 25 Dec. I understand that I will get the study permit at the port of entry. However, how do I enrol my child into school. She will be travelling on visitor visa with me. Do i need a separate study permit for her as well?
Hi, You will need to contact the public school board of the city you will be in. They will be able to advise if your child requires study permit. You can look them up online and send them an email, or call.

Sleezo

Dec 8, 2021
[QUOTE="RS20201, post: 9805302, member: 999972

Hi mind sharing your email address? Need a few pointers as I’m in a similar situation.

Thanking you in anticipation.

[/QUOTE]

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hi mind sharing your email address? Need a few pointers as I’m in a similar situation.

Thanking you in anticipation.

As the reply above, the public school board of the city you will be in.

Reactions: RS20201

Vijay61179

Dec 22, 2020
Saudi Arabia
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Can we get study visa and depended visa same time? if i show more than required fund?