+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Visa Refusal

Webstar

Sep 20, 2023
My study visa got refused today, please I need advice on reapplying again. Here is the reason for the refusal:

I am refusing your application. • I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph R216(1)(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/sor-2002-227/ section-216.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors: • Your assets and financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel for yourself (and any accompanying family member(s), if applicable).

My first-year tuition is CAD 16349.74. I paid the first semester fees of CAD 9350.86. My sponsor was my parent and myself. I showed only my mom's account (CAD11,000) and my account (CAD 10,800).

Is it possible to also show my father's account as a sponsor?

Can someone please advise me how much more is needed and how to make my proof of funds stronger

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
My study visa got refused today, please I need advice on reapplying again. Here is the reason for the refusal:

I am refusing your application. • I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph R216(1)(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/sor-2002-227/ section-216.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors: • Your assets and financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel for yourself (and any accompanying family member(s), if applicable).

My first-year tuition is CAD 16349.74. I paid the first semester fees of CAD 9350.86. My sponsor was my parent and myself. I showed only my mom's account (CAD11,000) and my account (CAD 10,800).

Can someone please advise me how much more is needed and how to make my proof of funds stronger
How long is the program?

Webstar

Sep 20, 2023
The document checklist states:

Proof of financial support • If the duration of your studies in Canada will be less than a year, proof of financial support for the duration of your studies in Canada. • If the duration of your studies in Canada will be more than one year, proof of financial support for the first year of your studies in Canada.

I showed funds to cover the first year, CAD10,000 for living expense and $2,000 for transportation.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020

Proof of financial support • If the duration of your studies in Canada will be less than a year, proof of financial support for the duration of your studies in Canada. • If the duration of your studies in Canada will be more than one year, proof of financial support for the first year of your studies in Canada.

I showed funds to cover the first year, CAD10,000 for living expense and $2,000 for transportation.
Correct, but IRCC has the final say in determining whether they think you can afford your studies. They don’t want destitute students, and are concerned you cannot cover your second year.. Reapply and show that you can with your father’s funds. You cannot live in Canada on $10k per year. That may cover accommodations (if you are lucky). Food, transportation, books, phone, utilities, internet are additional expenses just to name a few depending where you live.

Last edited:

foodie69

VIP Member
Dec 18, 2015

$10'000 living expenses are nothing a year. Triple that..

Reactions: Naturgrl

rcincanada2019

Jan 14, 2023
Ontario
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
03-07-2022
Nomination.....
30-03-2022
AOR Received.
03-11-2022

With the housing shortage nowadays, realistically the CAD$10,000 could barely cover your year's rent.

Reactions: Naturgrl

Webstar

Sep 20, 2023
Correct, but IRCC has the final say in determining whether they think you can afford your studies. They don’t want destitute students, and are concerned you cannot cover your second year.. Reapply and show that you can with your father’s funds. You cannot live in Canada on $10k per year. That may cover accommodations (if you are lucky). Food, transportation, books, phone, utilities, internet are additional expenses just to name a few depending where you live.
I plan to order GCMS note. Please advise how to obtain it from outside canada.

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020

Buddy, I spent 1000 on food itself last week. Do yourself a favor and don't come here if you don't have money

Shmiler

Star Member
Oct 19, 2020
I would pay the full first year tuition (another $7,000), and then have $20,000 showing as living funds. That should be more than sufficient to assuage their concerns.

I don't think a lot of people realise how expensive things are in Canada right now. The wages are low and the taxation perpetually high, so the officer may be doing you a favour by giving you a "wake up call".

Argon

Sep 21, 2023
Naturgrl what of someone with $60k for a one year program coming with spouse, also spouse has $5k in personal account. Do you think this is sufficient?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Naturgrl what of someone with $60k for a one year program coming with spouse, also spouse has $5k in personal account. Do you think this is sufficient?
If you have that much it should be sufficient. Remember funds are just one part of an approval or refusal. Bringing spouse is not guaranteed.

Argon

Sep 21, 2023
If you have that much it should be sufficient. Remember funds are just one part of an approval or refusal. Bringing spouse is not guaranteed.
Ok, thanks for your swift response. What should be added to the application to give higher chances for spouse or both. Thanks for sharing your wealth of knowledge