+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

study visa refusal chances over visitor visa

ajstark

Jan 23, 2017
Hello members

what are the chances of getting study visa after getting refusal for visitor visa actually my wife is willing to apply for a visitor visa and if incase she gets refused does this will cause refusal on study visa also or both are seperate scenarios?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello members

what are the chances of getting study visa after getting refusal for visitor visa actually my wife is willing to apply for a visitor visa and if incase she gets refused does this will cause refusal on study visa also or both are seperate scenarios?
A visitor visa refusal may impact the study permit. If she wants to apply for a study permit - I would recommend she do that directly rather than applying for a TRV first.

ajstark

Jan 23, 2017
well actually me and my wife both are going to apply for visitor visa in which i am primary applicant but if we get refused than my wife only will apply for study permit does this make any change ?

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
well actually me and my wife both are going to apply for visitor visa in which i am primary applicant but if we get refused than my wife only will apply for study permit does this make any change ?
What are you exactly trying to do ? If you are going for a tourism, then you need to have the funds during your visit. Why would you apply for a study permit if you are going for a tourist visit?

ajstark

Jan 23, 2017
no sir my question is actually my wife is willing to apply for study visa but rite now me and my wife are planning to apply for a visit visa if we get it than we will make a trip than she will start her application but if incase we get refusal in visit visa than does this refusal will impact on study visa ?

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
no sir my question is actually my wife is willing to apply for study visa but rite now me and my wife are planning to apply for a visit visa if we get it than we will make a trip than she will start her application but if incase we get refusal in visit visa than does this refusal will impact on study visa ?
If you are refused for any type of visa then it will have a impact on you getting any visa from Canada in the future.

To answer your question, yes having a rejection for your visit visa will affect the study permit application.

Unless you really need to go to Canada for visiting family or friends, or for work purposes I would suggest not to apply for the visit visa if you think you have a chance of rejection.

Oct 16, 2018
If you are refused for any type of visa then it will have a impact on you getting any visa from Canada in the future.

To answer your question, yes having a rejection for your visit visa will affect the study permit application.

Unless you really need to go to Canada for visiting family or friends, or for work purposes I would suggest not to apply for the visit visa if you think you have a chance of rejection.
I have gotten a rejection of visitor visa twice due to not working at that time.But i have been working from the past year and going to apply for visa in a few days once i get Gic Certificate.What would be the chance of getting an approval.

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
I have gotten a rejection of visitor visa twice due to not working at that time.But i have been working from the past year and going to apply for visa in a few days once i get Gic Certificate.What would be the chance of getting an approval.
If you know the exact reason of the refusal ( using CAIPS for example ) then as long as you have addressed the reasons for denial then you should not have an issue. Also since it has been a while since you have applied for the visitor visa it should not be an issue.

However when they ask if you have been refused before in the study permit form you must tick yes and explain about the two denials.

ajstark

Jan 23, 2017
Hello Selvak,

As I have mention earlier me and my wife are planning for a visitor visa but something i must tell you I have usa study rejection and usa visit rejection and we both have no travel history so what do you think what are the chances for me to get canadian visit visa?

jddd

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
Hello Selvak,

As I have mention earlier me and my wife are planning for a visitor visa but something i must tell you I have usa study rejection and usa visit rejection and we both have no travel history so what do you think what are the chances for me to get canadian visit visa?
Canada and US share information. Canada will see these rejections. The fact that you keep attempting different types of visas makes you look, for lack of a better word, desperate. What country are you from?

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
Hello Selvak,

To add to the point that @jddd made. In the Main application for both study permit and visit visa you are asked this question.

Have you ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country or territory.

This includes visa refusals from any country you have tried to apply. So from what you have disclosed to us, you will have to tell the Canadian authorities why you had a USA visit visa denial and a USA study visa denial, and why you had Canada visit visa denial twice.

I don't know what you are attempting to do but I suggest you only apply for a visit visa or a study visa when you have a genuine reason for visiting Canada for which you have the appropriate funds.

Your multiple refusals from both the USA and Canada will not look good for your record and if you are including your wife in this her record will also get affected if she gets a refusal also. If your USA rejections have happened recently then your chances are not very good.

ajstark

Jan 23, 2017
well visiting is just a pleasure our main focus is study permit and i dont want visit refusal to spoil study permit thats what i am worried of that for the sake of study permit we should leave visit visa a side apart from this does usa visit refusal impacts on applying canadian study permit?

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
well visiting is just a pleasure our main focus is study permit and i dont want visit refusal to spoil study permit thats what i am worried of that for the sake of study permit we should leave visit visa a side apart from this does usa visit refusal impacts on applying canadian study permit?
Still affects the study permit. Visit visa is very difficult to get in any country. Focus on the study permit and declare all previous denials of the applicant.

ajstark

Jan 23, 2017
thats strange usa visit refusal can also impact on canada study permit? if this is the case than I think my wife won't get canadian study permit please tell me should I let my wife apply ? what are the chances?