+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Visa no work experience certificate

sherlyn123

May 3, 2018
Hi everyone,

I'm soon going to apply for Study visa. After my graduation i worked for a year in an IT company. However i do not have work experience certificate for the same. Took 6 months break and currently working in another organization.

I'm planning to show my first company's appointment letter, appraisal letter and all pay slips.
Also will be showing current company's appointment letter and pay slips.

I only have these documents currently to show as proof of work experience. Will it suffice?
Also will not showing work experience letter have negative effect on my study visa application.

Any insight regarding this is highly appreciated.

gurinderjit kaur

Jan 10, 2018
Hi everyone,

I'm soon going to apply for Study visa. After my graduation i worked for a year in an IT company. However i do not have work experience certificate for the same. Took 6 months break and currently working in another organization.

I'm planning to show my first company's appointment letter, appraisal letter and all pay slips.

I only have these documents currently to show as proof of work experience. Will it suffice?
Also will not showing work experience letter have negative effect on my study visa application.

In which year did you graduate?

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
Hi everyone,

It depends on the year which you did this jobs, it will suffice though bit if there is a study gap before this recent interest to pursue a degree, you have to talk about it in your SOP and show proof

dovahkiin

Star Member
Mar 5, 2018
Hi everyone,

I was in a similar situation , PM me

Reactions: sherlyn123

gurinderjit kaur

Jan 10, 2018
Ok then its 2 years gap to study in Canada.
Then you should have to show the proof for your gap, also you can give clarification in sop regarding your gap, but you must need a proof. 1 year gap is ok when your are going to apply for your study permit but for the 2 years gap you need to give proof.

From where are you?
Do you have any English proficiency test to study in canada? Like Ielts or any other test

sherlyn123

May 3, 2018
Ok then its 2 years gap to study in Canada.
Then you should have to show the proof for your gap, also you can give clarification in sop regarding your gap, but you must need a proof. 1 year gap is ok when your are going to apply for your study permit but for the 2 years gap you need to give proof.

From where are you?
Do you have any English proficiency test to study in canada? Like Ielts or any other test
I'm from India. I gave IELTS in november 2017. Had left the job mainly to prepare for IELTS.

Mar 17, 2017
I have a study gap of 5 years (graduated in may 2013) and received visa last week.
Experience documents which i presented:
Startup:
Certificate of incorporation of my startup
Letter from bank stating that my company held an account in their bank
Screenshot from the Ministry of Corporation website showing my company information like date of incorporation, directors and all.
Jobs:
Appointment and experience letters of previous 2 jobs
Appointment letter and last 3 months payslips of current job

Best of luck to you...!!

Reactions: ynandal99

gurinderjit kaur

Jan 10, 2018
I'm from India. I gave IELTS in november 2017. Had left the job mainly to prepare for IELTS.
Thats good
Then you can apply for September intake.
By late, start preparing your file
Give the proof for your gap
I done my graduation in june 2014
And applied in june 2015, and got the visa without any proof for one year, because one year gap is acceptable.
I think you can even show proof for one year but you need to confirm that once

sherlyn123

May 3, 2018
I have a study gap of 5 years (graduated in may 2013) and received visa last week.
Startup:
Screenshot from the Ministry of Corporation website showing my company information like date of incorporation, directors and all.
Jobs:

Best of luck to you...!!
Startup:
Jobs:

Best of luck to you...!!
Did they call your previous company to verify your details?

Roop17

Aug 20, 2018
Hello

I have completed my studies in 2017 and did job after that for one year. I have bank statemnt, joining letter and pay slips but no experience certificate.
In june 2018 i did ielts and right now m free.
Will it create problem for my study visa if i ll apply for may 2019??

Poki

Dec 1, 2018
I have a similar problem as well. I am planning to apply for a Studeny Visa for September 2019 intake and one of the requirements I have is to at least present all work certificates that I had ever since I was 18 years old. I have certificates from 2 of my jobs but the other two (one from my On-the-job Training and one from my Internship, both in the USA, where sadly I was terminated) wasn’t given to me. Would this affect my application?

Reactions: Ameya Anand
Dec 29, 2022
Hi ,

I have a situation.
I am applying for student visa to take up Post Graduate Business Management in 2023.
I have a total education gap of 10 years now, and work Experience of 9 years. Worked 2 years in IT In India and I have the Contract, Experience letter from them.
After that, I worked in GCC for the past 7 years. My previous employer has not given my Experience letter - I worked for 5 years with them and they denied my settlement and also my experience letter. But I have the Contract Agreement, pay slips and appraisal letters given to me during my tenure. I am quite scared about the group if they will talk negative as they were very hostile to me.

My present company is a small startup but the Contract is available, and is supportive.
So, if I apply for a student visa will there be any issue? Will they go into background checks about my previous employer? What are the documents to be submitted : Will there be any negative issues? I am quite disturbed about this as I have to move for the intake in September 2023.
ANY ANSWER WOULD BE HIGHLY HELPFUL.

Abdussalam Khan

Nov 13, 2022
Nowshera, Pakistan
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
11-08-2022
Med's Done....
15-08-2022
Passport Req..
30-08-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-09-2022
Hi ,

I have a situation.
I am applying for student visa to take up Post Graduate Business Management in 2023.
I have a total education gap of 10 years now, and work Experience of 9 years. Worked 2 years in IT In India and I have the Contract, Experience letter from them.
After that, I worked in GCC for the past 7 years. My previous employer has not given my Experience letter - I worked for 5 years with them and they denied my settlement and also my experience letter. But I have the Contract Agreement, pay slips and appraisal letters given to me during my tenure. I am quite scared about the group if they will talk negative as they were very hostile to me.

My present company is a small startup but the Contract is available, and is supportive.
So, if I apply for a student visa will there be any issue? Will they go into background checks about my previous employer? What are the documents to be submitted : Will there be any negative issues? I am quite disturbed about this as I have to move for the intake in September 2023.
ANY ANSWER WOULD BE HIGHLY HELPFUL.
They won't go that deep for the study permit but they may conduct background checks when you apply for PR later.