+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Visa Approved After 23rd March 2020 Join Here

getsthingsdone

Star Member
Feb 5, 2020
According to my research, I found that they paused processing of 4 types of application which includes Study Permit Application. The pause has been in effect from 9th April until 29th April. Follow the link below to check all the processing changes that has been in effect.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/apply-visit-work-student.html
Please read properly, those are the applications that are being processed not paused. Only for visitor visas there is some extra requirement. All other visas mentioned there continue to be processed.

We cannot enter Canada until the restrictions are lifted however. That is on June 30th.

Muj

Star Member
Jun 25, 2018
It clearly says if you aren't exempt don't apply during the pause, which concludes its on pause for people who apply after March 18, 2020.

getsthingsdone

Star Member
Feb 5, 2020
"
If you’re applying for a study permit or work permit from outside Canada during the pause, you must apply online.

"
That is all it says. It does not say you cannot apply.

Furthermore, this order is for prioritising these types of visas, not for not applying.

Regardless, it is a fruitless effort. If you apply now, you won't get a decision in the next 45 days most likely.

Sanyamkhullar

Star Member
Jan 25, 2020
"
If you’re applying for a study permit or work permit from outside Canada during the pause, you must apply online.

"
That is all it says. It does not say you cannot apply.

Furthermore, this order is for prioritising these types of visas, not for not applying.

Regardless, it is a fruitless effort. If you apply now, you won't get a decision in the next 45 days most likely.
No thats not the case. I can see that People are getting decisions now. There is a thread, Passport despatch on 21st something like that. 1 person have got an approval yesterday.

getsthingsdone

Star Member
Feb 5, 2020
No thats not the case. I can see that People are getting decisions now. There is a thread, Passport despatch on 21st something like that. 1 person have got an approval yesterday.
I was referring to the people who will apply today not the people who have already applied. My application has been submitted 35 days ago, I may get an update any day now.

Aish8

Star Member
Apr 17, 2019
Same with me. I've been waiting since last 6 weeks, and no response yet. Applied online SDS.
Guys please do post if there's any update in your application, as there are so many of us waiting for the results.
Thank you :)

Reactions: demme343

demme343

Champion Member
Aug 17, 2012
Same with me. I've been waiting since last 6 weeks, and no response yet. Applied online SDS.
Guys please do post if there's any update in your application, as there are so many of us waiting for the results.
Thank you :)
think mostly Indians applicants will get passport with decisiuon after 3rd May because many have massages that passport is dispatched etc.i am from Pakistan and applied under SDS programe

Aish8

Star Member
Apr 17, 2019
think mostly Indians applicants will get passport with decisiuon after 3rd May because many have massages that passport is dispatched etc.i am from Pakistan and applied under SDS programe
Yes, for offline applications that can be the case. However, my application was an online one so the result will be available online and as it will be processed in Canada, there isn't a clear picture of how things are done there in this time of Pandemic.

demme343

Champion Member
Aug 17, 2012
online also deal.in your own country as Pakistanis online application and paper both are deal in abu dhabi.because i have many correspondence with them in past.and also every letter comes from.abu dhbai canadian high comission weather its application submissions or some thing else. mirrages cases are deal in Mississauga Canada and uk as all correspondence comes from there.

demme343

Champion Member
Aug 17, 2012
Yes, for offline applications that can be the case. However, my application was an online one so the result will be available online and as it will be processed in Canada, there isn't a clear picture of how things are done there in this time of Pandemic.
so mostly Indians visa application will get responses after once lockdown is over

Raman91

Dec 11, 2019
Even I have not heard anything yet. I reapplied on 3rd March and my application is sds from India. My biometrics got updated on 6th, that is it nothing after that. I already have my upfront medical. It is 10th April which means 39 calender days.
Still waiting....
Hi Karanveer, have you got your passport request?