+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit

jweekend

Champion Member
Dec 13, 2019
Only the first yes,

I gave the officer my letter of acceptance and my POE letter, I even told him my purpose of travel, I told him that I went here to study.

What should I do?
Which airport did you go to?

Did you mark "visitor" on your customs form?

The first inspection is customs officer, not immigration. You didn't go to the secondary inspection which is the actual immigration officer.

It looks like the customs officer told you to go to another room for secondary inspection but you followed everyone else to go collect their baggages.

Jan 6, 2020

The first inspection is customs officer, not immigration. You didn't go to the secondary inspection which is the actual immigration officer.

It looks like the customs officer told you to go to another room for secondary inspection but you followed everyone else to go collect their baggages.
The customs form was the one with the individual kiosk right? I definitely marked there that my purpose is to study, So I followed the line that says that its for International Passports. Then I presented all the needed documents, my passport also says "student", my letter of acceptance and my POE letter the officer even asked me what my purpose was, so i said " I will be studying".

I read the POE letter once again and it stated that once I present this letter I will receive my study permit, but i do not recall being instructed to go to an inspection/interview. The officer did not tell me anything but to pass through.

Jan 6, 2020

I went to YVR airport

jweekend

Champion Member
Dec 13, 2019
The customs form was the one with the individual kiosk right? I definitely marked there that my purpose is to study, So I followed the line that says that its for International Passports. Then I presented all the needed documents, my passport also says "student", my letter of acceptance and my POE letter the officer even asked me what my purpose was, so i said " I will be studying".

I read the POE letter once again and it stated that once I present this letter I will receive my study permit, but i do not recall being instructed to go to an inspection/interview. The officer did not tell me anything but to pass through.
Yes it's the white paper you get when you deplane.

The first CBSA officer you meet is for customs check.

You present the letter to the immigration officer after customs when you're supposed to go to another room for secondary (there should be a sign that points to to immigration clearance). You followed other travelers to collect baggages. Those people are returning travelers don't need to go to secondary inspection.

canadian-gentleman

Star Member
Feb 11, 2016
Sounds like you were accidentally admitted as a visitor.

You might be able to Flagpole at the US border to get your study permit. If you are in Vancouver you can go to Point Roberts or Peace Arch. Go to the US immigration and tell them you want to Flagpole for a study permit. They'll send you back to Canadian immigration where you can explain your situation to a CBSA officer. This is different from going to the airport because you exit Canada and then reenter (which you can't do at the airport).

Reactions: k.h.p.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Yeah, if you just used the primary inspection kiosk and then the standing customs officers but didn't get directed to an officer sitting in a booth and then the clearance room, you were accidentally admitted as a visitor.

Reactions: Ahamira

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
If you don't have a car in Vancouver you can easily take a bus to the Point Roberts crossing. I think it's the 601 from Bridgeport, take it all the way to the Diefenbaker Park.

Nazl

Jan 6, 2020
Yeah, if you just used the primary inspection kiosk and then the standing customs officers but didn't get directed to an officer sitting in a booth and then the clearance room, you were accidentally admitted as a visitor.
Hi . I applied for a student’s visa on December 3rd with my husband as my dependent and yesterday I got a biometric correspondence letter but no medical request. I read somewhere that correspondence letter without medical mean refusal. but my agent said it is not true .
Help me please i am very tensed at-the moment.

Jan 6, 2020
Yes it's the white paper you get when you deplane.

The first CBSA officer you meet is for customs check.

You present the letter to the immigration officer after customs when you're supposed to go to another room for secondary (there should be a sign that points to to immigration clearance). You followed other travelers to collect baggages. Those people are returning travelers don't need to go to secondary inspection.
I was directed to an officer at the booth, but not in a clearance room

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Hi . I applied for a student’s visa on December 3rd with my husband as my dependent and yesterday I got a biometric correspondence letter but no medical request. I read somewhere that correspondence letter without medical mean refusal. but my agent said it is not true .
Help me please i am very tensed at-the moment.
Start your own thread and don't hijack others.

Reactions: Nazl