+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit

Jan 6, 2020
It's an administrative refusal. There's a process for it if you mention that you're flagpoling.
I just searched on "Flagpoling" and it says here that flagpoling is used by study and work permit holders awaiting for renewal, I on the other hand do not posses any permit but do have all the requirements for one.

jweekend

Champion Member
Dec 13, 2019
I just searched on "Flagpoling" and it says here that flagpoling is used by study and work permit holders awaiting for renewal, I on the other hand do not posses any permit but do have all the requirements for one.
No.Don't flagpole. At Canadian side, they may not have the right personnel to process immigration papers, and you maye be admitted as visitor again.

babsizkil

Dec 18, 2016
In any event, you could try to flagpole now, or go back to YVR and beg.
I think the best option for him is to flagpole and apply for a study permit with the POE instruction letter for his study permit. He may not be allowed entrance at the arrival gate in the airport, it will be difficult.

babsizkil

Dec 18, 2016
let's say i was admitted as a visitor, what should i do then?
Board a commercial bus or if you have a friend with valid driving license, he can take you to the US-Canada border to flagpole. You also need to check at the POE schedule, when you're likely to meet an immigration staff. Remember to go with all documents that pertain to your entry. i,e acceptance letter, proof of tuition payment, passport, POE letter from visa office, e.t.c
This has happened before to some international students that I know. Majority get confuse or lost once admitted without knowing where to go after admitted.

Jan 6, 2020
I think the best option for him is to flagpole and apply for a study permit with the POE instruction letter for his study permit. He may not be allowed entrance at the arrival gate in the airport, it will be difficult.
I think that is not a good idea for me, since I am not a citizen of both and getting denied there could leave me stranded at the airport

babsizkil

Dec 18, 2016
I think that is not a good idea for me, since I am not a citizen of both and getting denied there could leave me stranded at the airport
Not at airport. At a land border between US-Canada, since you have Canada visa and not US visa, you'll be allowed to enter Canada definitely.

Diamond42

Star Member
Nov 26, 2019
Hi guys,

I am currently in Canada, on a study permit and my studies start in September 2020. Since I cannot work in Canada, I recently got an opportunity to participate in an art contest for a company based in the USA. The video production for the contest will be done here in Canada by one person here. Is this also considered as working in Canada if I go ahead and participate? The company in USA will py winners of the contest.
Can I also do freelance work as a writer for foreign employers that are outside Canada?
I also got an ITA for EE CEC and will submit my application this month. Will this affect my application?

Please reply at your earliest convenience and if possible, include a link with such info. I've ben searching online for a while now.

TIA!