+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit

S C Leo

May 18, 2019
Hi,
I intend to fly direct into Winnipeg. Is it possible to get my study permit at the Winnipeg airport?

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Have you been approved a study permit and you're asking about the ability to arrive in Winnipeg and go through the CBSA formalities? Yes, that's fine.

If you're asking if you can appear at a point of entry and just tell them you want a study permit without having applied for it - no.

Panii

Star Member
Apr 11, 2019
Hi, sorry to hack in this thread. But i do have a question. My college is in vancouver but can i enter canada in alberta to visit a family friend before going to vancouver?

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
Hi, sorry to hack in this thread. But i do have a question. My college is in vancouver but can i enter canada in alberta to visit a family friend before going to vancouver?
As long as you state your intentions, and have a ticket to Vancouver from Alberta then you should not face any issues. Your study permit will be issued in Alberta.

Edit: switched the locations.

Last edited:

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
As long as you state your intentions, and have a ticket to Alberta from Vancouver, then you should not face any issues. Your study permit will be issued in Vancouver.
Are you sure about that? Isn't it issued at POE? If OP lands in Alberta to visit family, he will not interact with CBSA again in Vancouver.

Ololade_seun

May 19, 2019
Can someone pls explain to me what it means after applying for a study permit i received a message that my passport is ready for collection, have done my biometric but a small slip was inside my passport stating that final decision has not been made that i will be notify through my email....please what does it mean....from nigeria

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Can someone pls explain to me what it means after applying for a study permit i received a message that my passport is ready for collection, have done my biometric but a small slip was inside my passport stating that final decision has not been made that i will be notify through my email....please what does it mean....from nigeria
If you received your returned passport but no visa, your visa application has been refused. Sorry.