+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit with Spouse Open work Permit

ceegeebee

Mar 19, 2021
How about SOWP? Is that too approved along with your main application?
yes, timeline of the sowp is the same as of my sp timeline. just to share, my spouse and i were really worried - been reading many posts who say that sp should come first and sowp to come later so as not to "risk" the sp. we are grateful that both sp and sowp were approved. hoping for the same for all others in the same boat-

Neelam_Thuls

Star Member
Jan 29, 2021
yes, timeline of the sowp is the same as of my sp timeline. just to share, my spouse and i were really worried - been reading many posts who say that sp should come first and sowp to come later so as not to "risk" the sp. we are grateful that both sp and sowp were approved. hoping for the same for all others in the same boat-
I am feeling happy reading your lines. It is really great that you both got approved at the same time. Good luck for your future in Canada. We hope we will catch you in Canada. :)

Shaild

Oct 17, 2019
hello everyone, just realized that there really is no pattern to the way applications are reviewed.
sharing my details below; sept 2021 intake, sp with sowp, over 40 years old, been 20 years since i left uni (mba).
keep the faith!

Review of eligibility
  • We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results
  • April 7, 2021 You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents
  • We do not need additional documents.
Interview
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics
  • March 9, 2021 Completed.
Background check
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision
  • Your application was approved. You need to send us your valid passport to finalize your application. Check your messages below for details.
Hey great news ! Congrats. Did you apply from PH ?

ceegeebee

Mar 19, 2021
Hey great news ! Congrats. Did you apply from PH ?
thank you and yes, applied from the PH. my spouse and i read your prior post - we have the same worries, we need to wind down so many stuff before we leave the country. hoping for the best for your application-

PDA_1201

Star Member
Jan 25, 2021
thank you and yes, applied from the PH. my spouse and i read your prior post - we have the same worries, we need to wind down so many stuff before we leave the country. hoping for the best for your application-
Hi, can you please share your course of study? thanks!

Shaild

Oct 17, 2019
Thanks. I'm still confident of my profile but not the VO my file is sitting in which is notoriously known for unfair rejections. Seriously the VO in PH must be an angel, hear so many great success stories. Anyways hoping for the best :)

Reactions: ceegeebee

Rose30

Apr 3, 2021
All of you who have applied study permit along with your spouse's open work permit, please gather here!

Share your timeline!

Applied: Dec 25, 2020
Med passed
Still waiting for an outcome!
Hello. Did you apply by yourself or you went thru the agency. Ty

Nadeemcadxb

Star Member
Mar 31, 2020
diploma program, marketing :)
First of congratulations, very happy for you and your family.

Can you brief us with your profile, it will help a lot to many of us.

I understand your age is over 40 and you have almost 20 years gap.

Which College you have chosen and Province ?

Does this diploma is post secondary or post graduate and does this linked with the current job?

Two or Three year diploma ?

Thank you in advance for your feedback.

Shaild

Oct 17, 2019

Does this diploma is post secondary or post graduate and does this linked with the current job?

Hi Nadeem, I understand you are trying to see a trend that worked for them. But in my opinion we cant compare files processed in PH VO to AUH. Read through this forum and you will see they are one of the best when it comes to approvals no matter the age or situations. Lots of UAE folks also apply via PH VO.

Reactions: ceegeebee

ceegeebee

Mar 19, 2021

hello, thanks for the greeting; i've applied into a 2yr post-secondary diploma program in marketing, in BC.
i did try to explain in a short write up why this is the course i am taking even if i have an mba already from my home country and this is not the current focus of my employement. hope this info helps-

Reactions: Neelam_Thuls

Rose30

Apr 3, 2021
All of you who have applied study permit along with your spouse's open work permit, please gather here!

Share your timeline!

Applied: Dec 25, 2020
Med passed
Still waiting for an outcome!
Did you go thru agency or you process by yourself. Ty.

andrews17

Jan 25, 2021
Canada
Category........
PNP
I received medicals letter on late January (medicals completed on Feb 2). I got PPR today and at the same time I received my wife's medicals letter. September intake.

shopnodana91

Dec 20, 2016
Bangladesh
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
13-01-2021
Med's Request
02-03-2021
Med's Done....
08-03-2021
Passport Req..
01-04-2021
Applied SP with SOWP on 13 januray 2021
Medical passed(after request)- 8 March 2021
PPR(SP)- 1 April 2021
Waiting for PPR of my spouse(Don't know why they are delaying to send PPR to SOWP)