+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit with Spouse Open work Permit

jasmin22

Nov 22, 2016
All of you who have applied study permit along with your spouse's open work permit, please gather here!

Share your timeline!

Applied: Dec 25, 2020
Med passed
Still waiting for an outcome!

Bayareawarrior

Feb 22, 2021
Category........
STUDY
App. Filed.......
07-12-2020
Med's Done....
30-11-2020
Applied 7th December
Medical passed
Review eligibility started Jan 29th
No updates

Neelam_Thuls

Star Member
Jan 29, 2021
Non-SDS with SOWP - India
Sep 2021 Intake
NBCC, Fredericton

LOA: 15-Jan-2021
Online Application: 07-Mar-2021
BIL: 08-Mar-2021
Biometrics: 10-Mar-2021 (updated same day)
Medical Request: Waiting

Nadeemcadxb

Star Member
Mar 31, 2020
Applied - 25th Dec 20
BIO - 30th Dec 20
No update since then on both our profiles.
Hello Shaild, I am following many of the forum where you also follow. We are actually in same boat. We have applied SP with SOWP on 27 Oct 2020 and as of today no update. We have Biometric from our visitor visa so we were not required to do it for this.

I have a question for you, What is the status for your SOPW because in our case eligibility status is as below;
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.

however for SP eligibility status is as below since the beginning
  • We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Looking forward to hearing from you and wish you good luck.

Shaild

Oct 17, 2019
Hello Shaild, I am following many of the forum where you also follow. We are actually in same boat. We have applied SP with SOWP on 27 Oct 2020 and as of today no update. We have Biometric from our visitor visa so we were not required to do it for this.

I have a question for you, What is the status for your SOPW because in our case eligibility status is as below;
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.

Hi Nadeem,

In our case, both our profiles have zero movement since our biometrics which were updated on 30th Dec. Did you send any webforms ? I have seen quite a lot of applicants from Nov already getting their decisions.

Shaild

Oct 17, 2019

Hi Nadeem,

How are you ? Wanted to check if you got any updates yet ? On my side still no news !

Nadeemcadxb

Star Member
Mar 31, 2020
Hi Nadeem,

How are you ? Wanted to check if you got any updates yet ? On my side still no news !
Hi Shaild,
I am doing well and waiting.....
There is no news so far, raised a webform day before yesterday and there is no reply on webform too. Lets hope April is a lucky month for all of us with some good news.

I read your posts and just want to reconfirm your SP and SOWP both eligibility is not started yet or SP started and SOWP is not yet?

Shaild

Oct 17, 2019
Hi Shaild,
I am doing well and waiting.....
There is no news so far, raised a webform day before yesterday and there is no reply on webform too. Lets hope April is a lucky month for all of us with some good news.

I read your posts and just want to reconfirm your SP and SOWP both eligibility is not started yet or SP started and SOWP is not yet?
Hi, both me & my wife don't have any updates since last 13 weeks. Only biometrics updated.

Really hope to get an update, as you can imagine have so many things to finalize & sell in DXB before moving. My company also has a 2 months notice so I really want to ensure ill have enough time before my July intake.

ceegeebee

Mar 19, 2021
hello everyone, just realized that there really is no pattern to the way applications are reviewed.
sharing my details below; sept 2021 intake, sp with sowp, over 40 years old, been 20 years since i left uni (mba).
keep the faith!

Review of eligibility
Review of medical results
  • April 7, 2021 You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents
  • We do not need additional documents.
Interview
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics
  • March 9, 2021 Completed.
Background check
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision
  • Your application was approved. You need to send us your valid passport to finalize your application. Check your messages below for details.

Neelam_Thuls

Star Member
Jan 29, 2021
hello everyone, just realized that there really is no pattern to the way applications are reviewed.
sharing my details below; sept 2021 intake, sp with sowp, over 40 years old, been 20 years since i left uni (mba).
keep the faith!

Review of eligibility
Review of medical results
  • April 7, 2021 You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents
  • We do not need additional documents.
Interview
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics
  • March 9, 2021 Completed.
Background check
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision
  • Your application was approved. You need to send us your valid passport to finalize your application. Check your messages below for details.
How about SOWP? Is that too approved along with your main application?