+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit with Spouse Open Work Permit Dilemma

cimci

Nov 26, 2018
So there are 3 possible scenarios. Which one is best for visa,some say applying alone is better to show home country ties?
1. Apply study permit alone and then apply spouse's trv visa then apply SOWP
2.Apply study permit and trv for spouse together ,then apply for SOWP
3.Apply study permit and SOWP together

Vivek Dekavadiya

Jun 13, 2019
H
Hi, I'm happy to tell you that we both received visa for the SP and OWP together and we are right now in canada! Don't worry you will get it
Hey Udee

I am going to apply for the work permit as my wife is already in canada.

Kindly support me for documentation & How to apply..?

Please suggest agent name also if having.

Thanks in advcane

ksphr

Jan 29, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-12-2014
Hi, I'm happy to tell you that we both received visa for the SP and OWP together and we are right now in canada! Don't worry you will get it
Hi @Udee ,

First of all, CONGRATULATIONS!

Thank God I found your post. My wife (for study permit), me (for open work permit) and 2 minor daughters (for visitor visa) are contemplating on applying together in one application process. I just have one query:

1. Under my section of application and supporting documents, I have to submit document for proof of "Purpose of Travel". What document to show in this, apart from just mentioning that "To accompany spouse for duration of study" (as mentioned by @ghvk12 )

Please share some advice and chances of our application getting through.

My wife is admitted in a public college in Ontario. Course start date is 13 January 2020.

Regards,

Udee

Apr 2, 2019
Sri Lanka
Category........
Visa Office......
colombo
Hi @Udee ,

Hi ksphr,
For the purpose of travel, I wrote a detailed letter.
If you are the main applicant who apply for work, then you must have already got a job right? Then you have to explain the offer you got, and that need to have your wife and daughters with you during the stay.
If your wife is the main applicant who got the study offer in a collage, then your wife has to write this letter explaining her study purpose and the necessity of you and the daughters with her. If you have previous work experience too, mention that in the letter saying that you will be able to get a job after getting the open work permit.
Good luck !

Reactions: ksphr

Souni

Oct 23, 2019
Congratulations .Even I applied at same time .where did you apply from ? Can you please share your processing time .
Thank you

Souni

Oct 23, 2019
I’m in same boat .can you please share your processing time .where did you apply from ?

ksphr

Jan 29, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-12-2014
Thank you so much, @Udee !

This clarifies a lot and is absolutely logical too. We shall lodge our application in 2-3 days.

Thanks again!

Regards,