+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit with Spouse Open Work Permit Dilemma

k prabh

Star Member
Aug 27, 2019
I als
we applied in the February end and received on April end
I also applied my SP in july and SOWP in august due to delay in medical but still i do not receive my visa.and due to one month gap in lodge the file of SOWP is it possible to get both visas together or not ??
Please help

_denise

Aug 27, 2019
Hi, I'm happy to tell you that we both received visa for the SP and OWP together and we are right now in canada! Don't worry you will get it
Thanks for your quick response! And for giving us hope :) Have a lovely week.

k prabh

Star Member
Aug 27, 2019
And second thing my agent said that SOWP file processing starts after receive my SP visa.In this way, we couldn't go together

Udee

Apr 2, 2019
Sri Lanka
Category........
Visa Office......
colombo
I als

I also applied my SP in july and SOWP in august due to delay in medical but still i do not receive my visa.and due to one month gap in lodge the file of SOWP is it possible to get both visas together or not ??
Please help
mmm..I truly have no idea about applying it separately. I applied online and linked both applications together, and paid the fees together. In your case if you applied separately, I exactly do not know how it will work. when you chek in the immigration web page, the processing time for a SOWP and SP is quite different and anyways the SOWP might get little delay I think! (Please note that I'm just assuming)

Reactions: k prabh

k prabh

Star Member
Aug 27, 2019
O
mmm..I truly have no idea about applying it separately. I applied online and linked both applications together, and paid the fees together. In your case if you applied separately, I exactly do not know how it will work. when you chek in the immigration web page, the processing time for a SOWP and SP is quite different and anyways the SOWP might get little delay I think! (Please note that I'm just assuming)
okk dear thank u for giving me such helpful information

Udee

Apr 2, 2019
Sri Lanka
Category........
Visa Office......
colombo
And second thing my agent said that SOWP file processing starts after receive my SP visa.In this way, we couldn't go together
I did not consult any agent and applied by myself !! I did apply for both my SP and spouse OWP together and received the OWP one week after my SP. But we travelled together

Udee

Apr 2, 2019
Sri Lanka
Category........
Visa Office......
colombo
Could you help me with document checklist of sowp and is there any interview for SOWP
did not had any interview for the OWP. You can get the document checklist from the Immigration Canada website when you complete the eligibility survey

k prabh

Star Member
Aug 27, 2019
did not had any interview for the OWP. You can get the document checklist from the Immigration Canada website when you complete the eligibility survey
Okk i just wanna know did u provide any whatsapp chat or call history etc..

k prabh

Star Member
Aug 27, 2019
No. Because I had my married certificate and it was more than one year. Plus, me and my husband had travel history together
Okk but i did not provide any kind of travel history. Just provide marriage certificate and it was more than 6 months plus marriage pictures and some post marriage pictures. I really worried about it. I really don't know that all documents which provided is sufficient for getting visa or not

k prabh

Star Member
Aug 27, 2019
Okk but i did not provide any kind of travel history. Just provide marriage certificate and it was more than 6 months plus marriage pictures and some post marriage pictures. I really worried about it. I really don't know that all documents which provided is sufficient for getting visa or not
which city u applied???

Udee

Apr 2, 2019
Sri Lanka
Category........
Visa Office......
colombo
Okk but i did not provide any kind of travel history. Just provide marriage certificate and it was more than 6 mon

Oh you have to provide the pictures and all, may be because it is not 1 year yet. In the immigration website they have mentioned that the marriage should be at least one year old. Otherwise you might have to prove it with pictures and chat history. In my case we were married more than one year. Do not worry though. If you prove your marriage is true, it will be ok I think. Im in Ottawa. Truly hope that you guys will get the visa soon. Have a great day!!