+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit with Spouse and Minors

Georgita

Jul 13, 2022
VV for kids while parents have SP or OWP is not reason for refusal. Many provinces don't require SP for minors, e.g. Atlantic provinces.

If the child is with a parent who is a temporary resident and has a study or work permit. Child’s passport or child listed on a parent’s passport. The child may have a visitor record. The parent has a study or work permit.Footnote1 It’s recommended that the child gets a study permit, even when one is not required.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit/prepare/minor-children.html

Moreover, I have friend in Nova Scotia, who arrived as Student, her husband has OWP and kids - VV.

Achechap

Star Member
Mar 1, 2021
Can anyone tell me, what should we put Tuition cost under the study permit application for Minor (5 year old). Parents are on work permit.

azeemch

Aug 30, 2019
I am going to apply for study permit. My Spouse and two Minors (Daughter 11 years & Son 08 years) will accompany. I am applying open work permit for my spouse and for minor I selected option Visit-All other types in questionnaire.

After filling the questionnaire, a checklist is generated. Following clarifications are required.

1. After list of all documents (mine), one more document is mentioned as optional named "Schedule 1- Application for a Temporary Resident Visa made outside Canada (IMM 5257)". Is this document mandatory to submit? What is the purpose of this documents?
2. Same document is available in my spouse check list. And the question is same as for me.
3. In case of both minors, one application document is required named "Application for Visitor (Temporary Resident Visa) made outside Canada (IMM 5257)". is it required to submit?
4. Similarly for both minors, same optional documents is required as in case of me and my spouse. Is this document also mandatory for minors?

Further after uploading all documents, what will be next, as only total estimated fee is mentioned & then next option available is to exit the questionnaire. How fee will be paid and how application will be submitted?
Your help is requested.

Thanks & Regards,
Wazarat Ullah
I am about to start the process of SP with my wife and 2 kids(son 5y, daughter 2y).
Can you guide what should I prepare for a strong application(I have 3 properties in my name, and I opt for SDS)?

paneka penalty

Star Member
Mar 21, 2022
Student Profile - B.Com (Computers) from India
Planning to pursue Master's in Canada

Can someone please recommend affordable but good universities in Canada?