+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Rejection

mine14

Jul 13, 2019
Hello. I need some help. I got a rejection letter for the application of my study permit and one of the reason said:
a.- I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada ant the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your Country of residence.
Could someone help with this, please?. I don´t understand this reason because I don´t have any relatives in Canada.

HenryVo

Jun 2, 2019
Hello. I need some help. I got a rejection letter for the application of my study permit and one of the reason said:
a.- I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada ant the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your Country of residence.
Could someone help with this, please?. I don´t understand this reason because I don´t have any relatives in Canada.
What is your background? We need your background to determine why you got rejected.

Malhar6708

Star Member
Jun 3, 2019
Canada
Category........
PNP
Time line plz

mine14

Jul 13, 2019
Well. I´m from Venezuela, The time that takes between submission o the application and the response is 4 weeks (1 month), and that was the exact amount time that it took. I applied on June 10th and got the answer on July 10th. I really want to study by the September intake =(. Also, I have 2 other reasons in the letter:

b.- I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada ant the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
c.- I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada ant the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your current employment situation.

I want to know if I can reapply for the September intake on time, but I want some help with this =/. Thank you in advanced

HenryVo

Jun 2, 2019
Well. I´m from Venezuela, The time that takes between submission o the application and the response is 4 weeks (1 month), and that was the exact amount time that it took. I applied on June 10th and got the answer on July 10th. I really want to study by the September intake =(. Also, I have 2 other reasons in the letter:

b.- I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada ant the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
c.- I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada ant the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your current employment situation.

I want to know if I can reapply for the September intake on time, but I want some help with this =/. Thank you in advanced
What did you apply for? What school? What documents did you submit? What is your IELTS score? What were your grades? What qualifications do you have? Do you have family ties Canada? How are your family ties in your home country? What financial documents did you submit? How is your travel history?
We need those information. Without those information, it is impossible for anyone to figure out why you got rejected.

Reactions: nursesnow

mine14

Jul 13, 2019
What did you apply for? What school? What documents did you submit? What is your IELTS score? What were your grades? What qualifications do you have? Do you have family ties Canada? How are your family ties in your home country? What financial documents did you submit? How is your travel history?
We need that information. Without that information, it is impossible for anyone to figure out why you got rejected.
I apply for Human Resources Management, George Brown, I submitted my College Degree from here, Mechanical Engineer, My motivation letter, The financial documents from my parents and nothing else, I just took the TOEFL, so, I still don´t have the scores, I don´t have family ties in Canada, I have my parents in my home country, not married, no children and I had travel.

HenryVo

Jun 2, 2019
I apply for Human Resources Management, George Brown, I submitted my College Degree from here, Mechanical Engineer, My motivation letter, The financial documents from my parents and nothing else, I just took the TOEFL, so, I still don´t have the scores, I don´t have family ties in Canada, I have my parents in my home country, not married, no children and I had travel.
So your family ties is good, that isn't the problem.
However, having a degree in mechanical engineering and now applying for HR program, that could be the problem. First of all, applying for college to pursue a diploma or certificate is a rejection reason on its own. The VO would ask "What don't you apply for Masters instead?" This is because too many people applied for colleges and colleges are easy to get in, cheap and is short. So most college applicants wants to stay after graduation.
You need a strong SOP, explaining why you choose to do this HR program when you have a background in Mechancial Engineering. How this program would help you with your job?
Do you have any work experiences yet?
The second rejection reason is because you have a Mechanical Engineering degree and yet you don't have a job, and is now applying for a college course that is totally unrelated to Mechanical Engineering. You got to explain the reason for that.

mine14

Jul 13, 2019
So your family ties is good, that isn't the problem.
However, having a degree in mechanical engineering and now applying for HR program, that could be the problem. First of all, applying for college to pursue a diploma or certificate is a rejection reason on its own. The VO would ask "What don't you apply for Masters instead?" This is because too many people applied for colleges and colleges are easy to get in, cheap and is short. So most college applicants want to stay after graduation.
You need a strong SOP, explaining why you choose to do this HR program when you have a background in Mechanical Engineering. How this program would help you with your job?
Do you have any work experiences yet?
The second rejection reason is that you have a Mechanical Engineering degree and yet you don't have a job, and is now applying for a college course that is totally unrelated to Mechanical Engineering. You got to explain the reason for that.
Oh. Ok. I said in the form that I´m currently working. In fact, I have been working since 2010, so I have 9 years of experience, I´m 35 years old, but I didn´t submit a job letter or a job contract, could that be?.

HenryVo

Jun 2, 2019
Oh. Ok. I said in the form that I´m currently working. In fact, I have been working since 2010, so I have 9 years of experience, I´m 35 years old, but I didn´t submit a job letter or a job contract, could that be?.
Yes, that is a big problem. You need to show proof that you have been working and the duration of your work.
For undergraduate students, most don't need to show proof of employment because nobody gets a job right out of high school. But for graduate students, like yourself, having a degree already means you must already have a job.
Also, in your SOP, show how this HR course helps your current job and why you chose it. Because Mechanical Engineering to HR manager is a drastic and unrelated change and you need to prove why you made this change.

mine14

Jul 13, 2019
Yes, that is a big problem. You need to show proof that you have been working and the duration of your work.
For undergraduate students, most don't need to show proof of employment because nobody gets a job right out of high school. But for graduate students, like yourself, having a degree already means you must already have a job.
Also, in your SOP, show how this HR course helps your current job and why you chose it. Because Mechanical Engineering to HR manager is a drastic and unrelated change and you need to prove why you made this change.
Ok. Thank you very much. By any chance do you have a model of SOP that could help me?

mine14

Jul 13, 2019
You can search SOP model for Canada Study Permit on Google and there should be a lot of models that you could follow.
Ok. Thanks. I will search. So, for the other reasons for refusing, what it could be?. Means, should I reapply only with a new SOP and my job background?