+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit rejection .

alistair23

Star Member
Jun 17, 2017
Many applicants on here have gotten their student visa application approved on their second/third try. You just need to fix the reasons your first application was refused.

Aicha saounde

Jan 14, 2019
Alright thank you .
I only got purpose of visit
Length of proposed stay
And financial and assets.

Since we put 60K thousand dollars and my dads businesses. I don’t understand the financial assets . But last month I filed for CaipsFile . Im planning on re apply in March . I got a new school letter for September intake. Thanks for your help :)

alistair23

Star Member
Jun 17, 2017
Yes caips notes will give u a clear reason for your rejection. Could you please post ur rejection reason here when u receive it?

Aicha saounde

Jan 14, 2019
This is what I got , the note is in French since my application went to Paris and not Senegal for some odd reason. But I do understand what they are saying . Basically I did a year course in South Africa that was Events management — now I want to do business in a college and I’ve already went to a college . So I can understand next thing they said that my parents have other kids and I’m expecting them to support me . That’s weird I’m 19 lol. How should I support myself ? But my parents didn’t put money in my account they only put in theirs . My stepdad and mom so should I change my course ? Hmmm something to do with events management ? The GMC notes I applied on the 23rd Of Jan , I received on the 23rd of Feb.

Aicha saounde

Jan 14, 2019
Dear Madam

Thank you for requesting your GCMS notes through CAIPS FileCheck. Your file has now arrived and I attach it for you in Adobe Acrobat (pdf) format. Please note that the visa officers' notes on your case can be found on the last few pages of the file.

As you will see in the notes (note 1 page 50) IRCC is concerned that you may not be a genuine student. They note that you have already completed studies at the same level, and are concerned that the proposed program is not a logical progression of your earlier studies / employment but instead may be intended primarily for the purpose of coming to Canada. They are also concerned about the real availability of financial resources to cover the cost of your proposed program.

It is important to understand that, if IRCC have any doubt that an applicant is a genuine student, they are not allowed to issue a study permit. If an applicant is applying for a course that seems either too easy or too difficult for them (based on earlier education marks / language scores), or does not make sense in the context of their career plans, or is unlikely to justify its cost in terms of benefit on future career prospects, IRCC then become suspicious that an applicant may be seeking a study permit primarily as a means to enter Canada.

It is useful to put IRCC's comments in context. Since it became much more difficult to obtain a permanent resident visa for Canada a few years ago, IRCC have become extra vigilant in checking that people applying for temporary visas (e.g. visitor visas or study permits) do actually want to come to Canada temporarily and then return home, and do not really want to enter Canada with no intention of leaving. We have seen many legitimate applications refused for the same reasons. It seems applicants need to go out of their way to prove strong ties at home (family, job, financial assets, home etc.) that would encourage them to leave Canada at the end of their visa, for IRCC to accept their application.

best wishes

Fabiog

Mar 22, 2017
This is what I got , the note is in French since my application went to Paris and not Senegal for some odd reason. But I do understand what they are saying . Basically I did a year course in South Africa that was Events management — now I want to do business in a college and I’ve already went to a college . So I can understand next thing they said that my parents have other kids and I’m expecting them to support me . That’s weird I’m 19 lol. How should I support myself ? But my parents didn’t put money in my account they only put in theirs . My stepdad and mom so should I change my course ? Hmmm something to do with events management ? The GMC notes I applied on the 23rd Of Jan , I received on the 23rd of Feb.
Hi,
It seems that Events Management course is is not related to the business course that you want to do and so they are suspicious about your program course.
Was the Events management course a certificate, diploma or degree and what was the duration? and what about the business course you want to apply to is that certificate, diploma or degree?

Aicha saounde

Jan 14, 2019
Hey. It was a certificate in events management but most of my modules were business , marketing , public relations and stuff. It’s a bridging course to get in public relations I had 6 évents modules and 6 business modules.

Aicha saounde

Jan 14, 2019
So I don’t know .
Should I change my course to something that’s around business ? But then the college thing seems like a problem as well. I tried to apply in university in Canada but most of them said I have to go to a college first. The plan was to go to a college for 2 years then start university.

Ifuns

Feb 23, 2019
Hey. It was a certificate in events management but most of my modules were business , marketing , public relations and stuff. It’s a bridging course to get in public relations I had 6 évents modules and 6 business modules.
All you require are a strong Statement of Purpose and a well organized evidence of sufficient funds for your stay and studies in Canada.
Try to state critically the benefits you hope to derive at end of the course and the connection between the previous course and the intended one.
Try and convince the VO how you will benefit from the intended course of study.

Aicha saounde

Jan 14, 2019
Okay thank you so much . I will re apply at the end of March , much appreciated does it matter if I apply and send via DHL or do I need to re-apply online like I did the first time ?

Ifuns

Feb 23, 2019
Okay thank you so much . I will re apply at the end of March , much appreciated does it matter if I apply and send via DHL or do I need to re-apply online like I did the first time ?
Through the same medium.. it's a show that you know what you want, and you understood have addressed all the reasons for the previous refusal.