+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit rejection due to immigration status

Aug 18, 2021
Dear All ,
I am is desperate need of your sincere advice
My study permit got rejected last December 2021. My brief profile is that I am an engineer by profession and have been working as expat in KSA on work permit for last years 8 years . I had applied from the Riyadh embassy KSA. The rejections reasons were in the following order
1) Immigration status
2) purpose of visit
3) limited employment opportunities in country of residence
4) personal financial status
Following to rejection I applied for GCMS notes and they mentioned that Immigration status was the main reason
Having said that , How can I change my immigration status ? As all worker here in KSA have just one year work permit and definitely it is temporary status .
VO has doubt about my longer stay in Canada but how can I show that I will definitely leave Canada after my studies . As , After completing the masters from Canada , I cab go back both to my home country Or current country of residence with much better salary and status

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Dear All ,
I am is desperate need of your sincere advice
My study permit got rejected last December 2021. My brief profile is that I am an engineer by profession and have been working as expat in KSA on work permit for last years 8 years . I had applied from the Riyadh embassy KSA. The rejections reasons were in the following order
1) Immigration status
2) purpose of visit
3) limited employment opportunities in country of residence
4) personal financial status
Following to rejection I applied for GCMS notes and they mentioned that Immigration status was the main reason
Having said that , How can I change my immigration status ? As all worker here in KSA have just one year work permit and definitely it is temporary status .
VO has doubt about my longer stay in Canada but how can I show that I will definitely leave Canada after my studies . As , After completing the masters from Canada , I cab go back both to my home country Or current country of residence with much better salary and status
What school and program did you plan to attend? How much did you show in funds to support your studies and living expenses?

It's more difficult to be approved when you are living in a country where you only have temporary status so the rest of your application needs to be very strong.

Reactions: fahad_waheed2000
Aug 18, 2021
It was UBC and program was Masters in clean Energy Engineering .
You are right , actually there was some huge amount of deposit in the last dates of the bank statement that I had submitted as financial proof . They actually didn’t consider that amount and which made my financial position much weaker . For the rest of rejection reason , I will clarify in LOE next time . But I am clue less about the point related to my immigration status . Any help will be highly appreciated.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
You are right , actually there was some huge amount of deposit in the last dates of the bank statement that I had submitted as financial proof . They actually didn’t consider that amount and which made my financial position much weaker . For the rest of rejection reason , I will clarify in LOE next time . But I am clue less about the point related to my immigration status . Any help will be highly appreciated.
What is your citizenship? If on a work permit, then you home ties are weakened if you havent lived in your home country in along time. When you finish your studies where will you go? That is the issue with immigration status. You need to show ties to home country - job, property, family, investments etc. You have to show proof that you will return to your home county.

Last edited:

Hehee

Star Member
Feb 28, 2022
UBC is the best university it’s in Vancouver right?
Immigration status you can fix it by saying you will return to your country of citizenship instead of residence.
Purpose of visit Is usually your SOP( Study plan) I believe you made a vague or general one.
Finiacial status. Show more than 30K cad because your university is expensive.
Limitites ties .Same thing as immigration status state your job if you are in a good one you can say the job will take you back if not say there are many employment in your country of citizenship.
Good luck

charlesbill

Aug 4, 2022
UBC is the best university it’s in Vancouver right?
Immigration status you can fix it by saying you will return to your country of citizenship instead of residence.
Purpose of visit Is usually your SOP( Study plan) I believe you made a vague or general one.
Finiacial status. Show more than 30K cad because your university is expensive.
Limitites ties .Same thing as immigration status state your job if you are in a good one you can say the job will take you back if not say there are many employment in your country of citizenship.
Good luck
such a good response. Thanks so much