+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

study permit rejection 2nd time -- Need help, Fall intake

EEdreamer

Star Member
Jun 13, 2019
I believe Malaysia application is process in Singapore VO. I also applied for SP and a foreigner working in Singapore.

Can you please share your timelines?
Date of application?
Bio? Medical?

EEdreamer

Star Member
Jun 13, 2019
Did you do upfront medical? and what is your nationality?

Now I'm anxious on my application as i have had been working outside of my home country for the past 8 years now(MY & SG).

alig2121

Star Member
May 5, 2021
Did you do upfront medical? and what is your nationality?

Now I'm anxious on my application as i have had been working outside of my home country for the past 8 years now(MY & SG).
I didn't do my medical. I'm waiting for their notice on medical.
I'm from Iran. What's your nationality?

kritanium

Star Member
Apr 8, 2021
Hey Guys,

I am also in the same boat. I am an expat working in Malaysia for 3+ years. I recently submitted my application and fret that the response will be similar.
I don't understand how having a valid work permit is a problem here. I am running out of information that will convince the VO about our purpose of stay/Immigration Status.

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Hey Guys,

I am also in the same boat. I am an expat working in Malaysia for 3+ years. I recently submitted my application and fret that the response will be similar.
I don't understand how having a valid work permit is a problem here. I am running out of information that will convince the VO about our purpose of stay/Immigration Status.
Because you have weak home ties. Try to apply for Express entry.

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
My main purpose is to study for master's not immigrate to canada.
You are an expat in another country for a long time so that means you are willing to move away from your home country to work. The VO wants to know that you will return to your home country after your study but given that you have no employment in your home country and maybe other weak ties, you are considered a high risk case of immigrating to Canada.

Reactions: kritanium

alig2121

Star Member
May 5, 2021
Because you have weak home ties. Try to apply for Express entry.
I don't enough points compared to the cutoff scores. That's the whole reason why I want to study, to get additional points.

What can we do to prove to the VO were leaving Canada? It doesn't state "home country" in the refusal letter, it says "country of residence."
Is their concern about leaving Canada or going back to my home country?

rachel0309

Apr 30, 2021
hi,

can you please share your timeline? When did you apply? Did you apply from Malaysia? Did you received a medical request or you did upfront medical ?

thank you
Hey, I submitted my application on 6th April and received the refusal letter on 30th April. Yes, I applied from Malaysia and I did not receive a medical request nor doing an upfront medical check-up

Reactions: A.Y.C.A.

rachel0309

Apr 30, 2021
Hi Rachel. I think I saw you in the VFS Global office in KL. I am having the same problem as you. I have already requested my GCMS notes through a lawyer, they can get it for you, you just need to fill up a form.

I have another reason for rejection which is my current immigration status. I am on a work permit in Malaysia and I have no idea why that is a reason why I would not leave Canada? For what it's worth, it shows I am legally working here and I have not broken any laws.

I got an offer for a Master of Entrepreneurship at Ryerson and stated that after a decade working as an architect and interior designer, I want to set up my own business. I even have a proper website with actual users I have been working on for 2 years that I showed as evidence.... But they didn't buy my purpose of visit although that is actually the real reason why I want to study...

I also applied along with my girlfriend and apparently, that's another reason for my rejection.

I will update you when my notes are out, but it seems kinda useless.. They'll reject it again...
Hey, such a coincidence, your case is quite similar to mine. My visa agent actually suggested me not request for the GCMS notes as I might miss my confirmation deadline, also she told me the GCMS notes will be just like the refusal letter they sent to us.
Well, I think because we have a history of working and kind of settle in foreign countries before, that is why the VO thought we might as well settle down in Canada after our Master's degree.
May I know if your girlfriend is also leaving with you to Canada as a common-law partner or?
Hope everything goes well with you , best of luck!

rachel0309

Apr 30, 2021
I believe Malaysia application is process in Singapore VO. I also applied for SP and a foreigner working in Singapore.

Can you please share your timelines?
Date of application?
Bio? Medical?
6th April submitted my application, 30th April received refusal letter. No upfront medical check up , bio has been collected last year when I visited Canada as a visitor

alig2121

Star Member
May 5, 2021
Hey, such a coincidence, your case is quite similar to mine. My visa agent actually suggested me not request for the GCMS notes as I might miss my confirmation deadline, also she told me the GCMS notes will be just like the refusal letter they sent to us.
Well, I think because we have a history of working and kind of settle in foreign countries before, that is why the VO thought we might as well settle down in Canada after our Master's degree.
May I know if your girlfriend is also leaving with you to Canada as a common-law partner or?
Hope everything goes well with you , best of luck!
Oh, I think you should apply for your notes. It might have some small detailed explanations you have missed.
Yeah, We applied together. I applied for a study permit, my girlfriend for an OWP. yup common-law partners.

We're going to apply once more, but our lawyer told us to wait for the notes to see exactly what's wrong. To be honest, I'm not hoping for anything at this point.

I Hope you'll get it, best of luck.

EEdreamer

Star Member
Jun 13, 2019
6th April submitted my application, 30th April received refusal letter. No upfront medical check up , bio has been collected last year when I visited Canada as a visitor

There were no updates in between?
April 6 - application submitted
April 30 - Refusal

I also have valid biometrics from from visit visa.