+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit rejected twice do I still have a chance the third time?

Konan1982

Champion Member
Mar 22, 2012
The Visa officer posited that I didn’t have a ‘Sufficient Funds’, which I didn’t understand. I stated in my application that I was going on studies and I attached my Admission letter from Conestoga College, Ontario. I also attached the receipt of my tuition payment of One thousand and five hundred dollars (CAD$1500), which in essence means I have paid for my course of study in Canada, so what other purpose would I have to pay for school fees if not to go to the school? No it doesn't. It just means you paid the deposit.

Loans with a balance of thirty six million naira, an equivalent of CAD$150,000. If you have enough savings, why do you need loans?

I found it very disturbing ; I know I am not expected to have gotten married at this stage of my life when I am supposed to be building my life and career.; Irrelevant

I also submitted a custodian form which was duly attested to by my father’s lawyer and the custodian in Canada, so what else was I supposed to do that was not done? You are an adult, why do you need a custodian?

This development is one that makes me think that the Visa Officer was not thorough in the assessment of my application or he is prejudiced. I hereby appeal that my application be given a favourable consideration. Lol

That's just from the parts I read.
I read the user's letter of intent honestly thats a big no

Fawaz123

Star Member
Apr 5, 2020
Is this the first time you are getting the GCMS notes? It would have been helpful to compare the notes on both refusals.

IMO, you have a good chance of getting a SP if you are able to show proper funds availability (pay full year fees, abd show readily available living expenses fund etc).

I think the reason stated by the VO of you being single, mobile etc is grossly unreasonable, given your age. You'll be able to easily counter that in your LoE.

Can you get an admission for a Bachelors at a university rather than a college (preferably for the same course/similar)? That will greatly help your case.
I changed my program to computer science bsc but still the same college Conestoga, does that help?