+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit rejected twice do I still have a chance the third time?

Fawaz123

Star Member
Apr 5, 2020
Not sure why you want to even come to study in Canada since you didn’t even really address it. You spent all your time asking questions. That is not the purpose of a SOP. Officers aren’t responding to your letter. Pay all the tuition fees. Don’t say you will pay them. Do not say officer is prejudiced. Siblings are only a tie if living in Nigeria but you say studying in the US. Also you talk about travel to Calgary which is 3,000 kms away from Contestoga College. What does travel have to do with a study permit?
I wasn’t the one that wrote the SOP I don’t even know any thing about applying for a Canada visa , it was my stupid agent but I’m not using him anymore cause I got two refusal I’m using someone good now!

Fawaz123

Star Member
Apr 5, 2020
"Computer Programming is not a course offered in Nigerian universities ...". Are you for real? I studied BSc. Computer Science at U.I way back in 1996 already. Why would you say this?

The way you wrote your SOP, knocking the educational system and economic outlook of Nigeria, indicates that you have no intention of returning to Nigeria. You might have shot yourself in the foot there. There are better ways for you to show why you chose to study in Canada than how you have presented your case in your SOP.

For someone who just graduated and has a whole future ahead of them, you don't sound excited or passionate about what you want to study. Why are you choosing programming? What fascinates you about coding? What software development have you tried your hands on? What is the market in Nigeria for IT (there's so much to be said in this regard)?

Overall, your SOP sounds like whining from a petulant child. You need to be formal, professional and directly address important issues. Don't say things like "...so what else was I supposed to do that was not done?"

ETA: Apologies if I sound harsh - just trying to be sincere with you without any sugarcoating.
/I wasn’t the one that wrote the SOP I don’t even know any thing about applying for a Canada visa , it was my stupid agent but I’m not using him anymore cause I got two refusal I’m using someone good now!

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Here’s my SOP

Dear Sir,
Clarification on Supporting Documents for Entry Visa
My name is , Ayomide Fawaz, a Nigeria national. I am applying for a Study permit and entry visa into Canada to study Computer Programming at the prestigious Conestoga College, Ontario, Canada and I am using this opportunity to clarify all the documents that I am submitting along with my application for your perusal.
Purpose of My Trip to Canada
I am starting a course in Computer Programming at the prestigious Conestoga College, Ontario, Canada and it is a Two year intensive diploma course. Computer Programming is not a course offered in Nigerian universities but since I want to be a renowned Computer scientist, it became imperative that I study every important and necessary part of computer science. Some Nigerian polytechnics and universities offer general computer science but the level of facilities are so appalling that some computer scientists cant even operate a computer which has resulted in half baked graduates and thus majority of the work force are incompetent. I am highly motivated to go for this studies which is scheduled to commence by January 18, 2020 as the admission letter states and I will be glad if this application is giving prompt attention.
My Previous Study Record
I have herewith attached my O/Level WAEC result which I used in applying for my admission at the Conestoga College from where I graduated in 2019.
Finance for the Trip
My father would be sponsoring my education. He has the financial wherewithal, as a matter of information, my siblings are studying in USA and none of them have ever owed a penny in school fees. He has already paid the acceptance fees to the school and will pay the balance as and when due as stipulated on the Letter of acceptance.

Included herewith is my father’s personal and company statement of account sponsoring my course of study, the transaction history and all other necessary documents related to my father’s company for your perusal.
Previous Travel history
I have already travelled to Dubai, UAE and the United States of America (USA) with my parents on holidays to visit my other siblings who are studying in USA.
Issues Raised in My Previous Refusal
I was refused my first Canadian Study permit application under very strange circumstances and I will seize this opportunity to clarify the issues raised by the Visa Officer.
The Visa officer posited that I didn’t have a ‘Sufficient Funds’, which I didn’t understand. I stated in my application that I was going on studies and I attached my Admission letter from Conestoga College, Ontario. I also attached the receipt of my tuition payment of One thousand and five hundred dollars (CAD$1500), which in essence means I have paid for my course of study in Canada, so what other purpose would I have to pay for school fees if not to go to the school?
For clarification, my father is ready, willing and able to pay the total cost of my studies if necessary to convince you of my readiness to study in Canada. Attached with my application are his statement of accounts from 2 banks viz (i) A personal Account from Magnet Savings and Loans with a balance of thirty six million naira, an equivalent of CAD$150,000 and (ii) His company statement of account from Zenith bank Plc with a balance of over Eleven Million naira which is an equivalent of over CAD40,000. These finds are more than sufficient for me to pay my school fees, maintain my family in Nigeria and still have no negative balance on my family’s business. My mother and father have travelled severally to several countries and their finances in not hampered in any way.
One other issue of concern is my family ties to Nigeria or Canada, either ways I found it very disturbing because I submitted my family form which shows I have a father and a mother who are both still alive and well. I also have siblings whose names were included in the form, which shows I have a very strong tie to Nigeria, I know I am not expected to have gotten married at this stage of my life when I am supposed to be building my life and career. And for Canada, I also submitted a custodian form which was duly attested to by my father’s lawyer and the custodian in Canada, so what else was I supposed to do that was not done? My father owns a good flourishing company and family business and my employment is firmly secured
This development is one that makes me think that the Visa Officer was not thorough in the assessment of my application or he is prejudiced. I hereby appeal that my application be given a favourable consideration.
Conclusion
Going through the IRCC/CIC page, I discovered that international students can start studying online for the January 2021 session as a result of the covid 19 pandemic, I also want to seize

this opportunity to ask if we could actually go ahead and start the classes whilst the visa is being processed?
This opportunity to study in Canada is one that I have looked up to for a very long time and I do hope that I will be given the visa and permit to make my life’s career dream a reality. I am also motivated to study in Canada because of the opportunity to see the Calgary, Quebec and some other beautiful places in Canada because of their historical and touristic appeal.
I do sincerely hope that I’ll be given the visa and would really appreciate it. Thanks for your co- operation. Long live Nigeria and long live the Rep of Canada.
Regards
Ayomide Fawaz
The Visa officer posited that I didn’t have a ‘Sufficient Funds’, which I didn’t understand. I stated in my application that I was going on studies and I attached my Admission letter from Conestoga College, Ontario. I also attached the receipt of my tuition payment of One thousand and five hundred dollars (CAD$1500), which in essence means I have paid for my course of study in Canada, so what other purpose would I have to pay for school fees if not to go to the school? No it doesn't. It just means you paid the deposit.

Loans with a balance of thirty six million naira, an equivalent of CAD$150,000. If you have enough savings, why do you need loans?

I found it very disturbing ; I know I am not expected to have gotten married at this stage of my life when I am supposed to be building my life and career.; Irrelevant

I also submitted a custodian form which was duly attested to by my father’s lawyer and the custodian in Canada, so what else was I supposed to do that was not done? You are an adult, why do you need a custodian?

This development is one that makes me think that the Visa Officer was not thorough in the assessment of my application or he is prejudiced. I hereby appeal that my application be given a favourable consideration. Lol

That's just from the parts I read.

Fawaz123

Star Member
Apr 5, 2020
The Visa officer posited that I didn’t have a ‘Sufficient Funds’, which I didn’t understand. I stated in my application that I was going on studies and I attached my Admission letter from Conestoga College, Ontario. I also attached the receipt of my tuition payment of One thousand and five hundred dollars (CAD$1500), which in essence means I have paid for my course of study in Canada, so what other purpose would I have to pay for school fees if not to go to the school? No it doesn't. It just means you paid the deposit.

Loans with a balance of thirty six million naira, an equivalent of CAD$150,000. If you have enough savings, why do you need loans?

I found it very disturbing ; I know I am not expected to have gotten married at this stage of my life when I am supposed to be building my life and career.; Irrelevant

I also submitted a custodian form which was duly attested to by my father’s lawyer and the custodian in Canada, so what else was I supposed to do that was not done? You are an adult, why do you need a custodian?

This development is one that makes me think that the Visa Officer was not thorough in the assessment of my application or he is prejudiced. I hereby appeal that my application be given a favourable consideration. Lol

That's just from the parts I read.
I’m 17 and I was not the one that wrote the Sop my agent applied for me

Fawaz123

Star Member
Apr 5, 2020
So you had someone else write it. Was this the letter that was actually submitted. You say you have a better agent. How do you know?
Yes that’s the letter that was submitted, I’ve heard testimony about my new agent, if I may ask where are you from?

Fawaz123

Star Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello everyone I got my Gcms today, Here is it:

The applicant is seeking to study in the College Diploma Program at Conetsoga college in Canada.

I am not Satisfied that the applicant would leave Canada at the end of their stay as a temporary resident,I note that : The client is Single,Mobile, is not well established and has no dependents.

Taking the applicant’s plan of studies into account , the documentation provided in support of the applicant’s financial situation does not demonstrate that funds would be sufficient or available. I am not satisfied thy the proposed studies would be a reasonable expense.

Weighing the factors in the application.I am not satisfied that the applicant will adhere to the term and conditions imposed as a temporary resident.

For the reasons above, I have refused the application.

Fawaz123

Star Member
Apr 5, 2020
My broda, calm down o. I dey feel for you, but as you have been advised severally, wait for your GCMS note and then you can plan and put your best foot forward. You don get 2 rejections already, you must plan your next move well well biko.

As advised above, pay your 1 year tuition fee (you can get this back if visa is still not granted). We have also asked that you post your SOP so we can critic it. You can remove all identifying info in it for privacy.
Please check my Gcms

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Please check my Gcms
Is this the first time you are getting the GCMS notes? It would have been helpful to compare the notes on both refusals.

IMO, you have a good chance of getting a SP if you are able to show proper funds availability (pay full year fees, abd show readily available living expenses fund etc).

I think the reason stated by the VO of you being single, mobile etc is grossly unreasonable, given your age. You'll be able to easily counter that in your LoE.

Can you get an admission for a Bachelors at a university rather than a college (preferably for the same course/similar)? That will greatly help your case.

Fawaz123

Star Member
Apr 5, 2020
Is this the first time you are getting the GCMS notes? It would have been helpful to compare the notes on both refusals.

IMO, you have a good chance of getting a SP if you are able to show proper funds availability (pay full year fees, abd show readily available living expenses fund etc).

I think the reason stated by the VO of you being single, mobile etc is grossly unreasonable, given your age. You'll be able to easily counter that in your LoE.

Can you get an admission for a Bachelors at a university rather than a college (preferably for the same course/similar)? That will greatly help your case.
Okay thanks , can we talk on WhatsApp please?

prakashperam

Star Member
Feb 14, 2021
I wasn’t the one that wrote the SOP I don’t even know any thing about applying for a Canada visa , it was my stupid agent but I’m not using him anymore cause I got two refusal I’m using someone good now!
Bro, DM me. I have got one that you needed the most. Guidance.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello everyone I got my Gcms today, Here is it:

The applicant is seeking to study in the College Diploma Program at Conetsoga college in Canada.

I am not Satisfied that the applicant would leave Canada at the end of their stay as a temporary resident,I note that : The client is Single,Mobile, is not well established and has no dependents.

Taking the applicant’s plan of studies into account , the documentation provided in support of the applicant’s financial situation does not demonstrate that funds would be sufficient or available. I am not satisfied thy the proposed studies would be a reasonable expense.

Weighing the factors in the application.I am not satisfied that the applicant will adhere to the term and conditions imposed as a temporary resident.

For the reasons above, I have refused the application.
So you need to address why at your young age, you are taking a college diploma program and not university (paying thousands) and how it will lead to a career in your home country. You need to show personal funds plus a written letter from your parents that they will support you. You need to show that their funds are readily available.