+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Rejected - Need Immediate help

sabitmalik

Jul 30, 2014
Hello Everyone!

I am from India. I have completed my Bachelors in Electronic Engineering from Pakistan with a CGPA of 3.88 out of 4. I was admitted to MEng Electrical Engineering programme in McGill University and also offered Graduate Excellence Fellowship. Unfortunately my visa application has been refused due to the following reason:

Your proposed studies are not reasonable in light of one or more of: your qualifications, previous studies, gap in studies, employment, level of establishment, language abilities, or your future prospects and plans, all mark-sheets not submitted.

Docs submitted:
1. Complete Financial documents (Bank statements, Loan, GIC from Scotiabank, Fellowship Letter, etc).
2. Transcripts and degree certificates of X standard, XII standard and Bachelors degree.
3. IELTS certificate (8 points out of 9).
4. Experience certificates.
5. CAQ (Quebec certificate).
6. Medical Examination Certificate.

What else do they want? What should I add/change in my application to make it better? How much are the chances of getting a visa if I reapply for the study permit???

Prompt response would be greatly appreciated.
Thnx

scottdickson86

Dec 4, 2013
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila (VFS Makati; paper)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-Jul-2014
Med's Done....
06-May-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-Jul-2014
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2014
sageorge said:
Did you apply with a statement of purpose? That actually servers a bigger purpose.
I agree. I think SOPs serve the purpose of allowing us to preemptively address the possible reasons for rejection.

sabitmalik

Jul 30, 2014
I didn't apply with a statement of purpose. Should I do it now and what points should I cover in that?
I applied through myCIC

sageorge

Star Member
Jul 30, 2014
Well, you can clearly engage them in the highs of your education and career. Convince them that you plan to leave the country . And if possible go on a deeper level - mention name of professors or subjects that McGill solely has to offer or beat the bush around those lines.

You have an excellent profile. I'd say you try again.

And if possible, get a letter from the University asking them to explain why they thought you were eligible for a scholarship and a place in the course.

sabitmalik

Jul 30, 2014
sageorge said:
Well, you can clearly engage them in the highs of your education and career. Convince them that you plan to leave the country . And if possible go on a deeper level - mention name of professors or subjects that McGill solely has to offer or beat the bush around those lines.

You have an excellent profile. I'd say you try again.

And if possible, get a letter from the University asking them to explain why they thought you were eligible for a scholarship and a place in the course.
thank you
I'll apply again
hope it works out this time :)

ola1974

May 21, 2014
NIGERIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sabitmalik said:
thank you
I'll apply again
hope it works out this time :)
It will surely work. Just go ahead and do the necessary things as advise. You have fantastic profile here.

amanbabbi

Star Member
Jul 11, 2014
India
Category........
Visa Office......
chandigarh visa office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28/july/2014
had you applied with the help of any agent or by ur own self?

jerin

Star Member
Jul 10, 2014
sabitmalik said:
Hello Everyone!

I am from India. I have completed my Bachelors in Electronic Engineering from Pakistan with a CGPA of 3.88 out of 4. I was admitted to MEng Electrical Engineering programme in McGill University and also offered Graduate Excellence Fellowship. Unfortunately my visa application has been refused due to the following reason:

Your proposed studies are not reasonable in light of one or more of: your qualifications, previous studies, gap in studies, employment, level of establishment, language abilities, or your future prospects and plans, all mark-sheets not submitted.

Docs submitted:
1. Complete Financial documents (Bank statements, Loan, GIC from Scotiabank, Fellowship Letter, etc).
2. Transcripts and degree certificates of X standard, XII standard and Bachelors degree.

What else do they want? What should I add/change in my application to make it better? How much are the chances of getting a visa if I reapply for the study permit???

Thnx
Actually are you from India or Pakistan ? You said you are from India and studied in Pakistan , Where did you apply for the Visa ? Are you a citizen of the country from which you applied?

sabitmalik

Jul 30, 2014
jerin said:
Actually are you from India or Pakistan ? You said you are from India and studied in Pakistan , Where did you apply for the Visa ? Are you a citizen of the country from which you applied?
I am actually an Indian citizen but I studied in Pakistan. I applied for the visa from India.

jerin

Star Member
Jul 10, 2014
sabitmalik said:
I am actually an Indian citizen but I studied in Pakistan. I applied for the visa from India.
Wow...that's interesting. :). Anyhow if you are an Indian and applied from India then I don't see any problem here. Your career stats are very good like that of Virat Kohli . So I think you should apply again and I am sure you will get visa. You deserve to get the Visa Bhaijaan.

hopeful_786

Star Member
Jun 2, 2014
sabitmalik said:
Hello Everyone!

Docs submitted:

Thnx
you applied from Pakistan or India..if you have applied from Pakistan..you have missed lots of documentzzzzzz to attaach wit your application

sabitmalik

Jul 30, 2014
hopeful_786 said:
you applied from Pakistan or India..if you have applied from Pakistan..you have missed lots of documentzzzzzz to attaach wit your application
Well I applied from India.
But had I applied from Pakistan, what docs would be required?