+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Refused - Fully Funded Master's Scholarship

bilal2012bs

Star Member
May 1, 2022
Hi,

My Study permit was refused on 01 April 2022. Applied on 01 March 2022.

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of
residence.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your history of having contravened the conditions of admission on a previous stay in Canada.

• Category: Non-SDS
  • Visa Office: Abu Dhabi
  • Fully Funded Master's Scholarship of $30k per year
  • CGPA: 3.6
  • IELTS: 7.5
  • No study gap
  • University of Calgary
  • I have never visited Canada or any other country but they have mentioned the reason for my previous stay too.
  • I also attached the bank statement of 2 million along with property documents.
  • I have already completed my master's but this master's was in the same field but different department.

Kindly suggest to me what should I do. I have applied for reconsideration and GCMS Notes.

Thanks

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi,

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of
residence.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your history of having contravened the conditions of admission on a previous stay in Canada.

• No study gap
  • University of Calgary
  • I have never visited Canada or any other country but they have mentioned the reason for my previous stay too.
  • I also attached the bank statement of 2 million along with property documents.
  • I have already completed my master's but this master's was in the same field but different department.

Kindly suggest to me what should I do. I have applied for reconsideration and GCMS Notes.

Thanks
1. So you showed $2million CDN? Is the bank statement in your name? Property in your name is not liquid funds.
2. Do you live in your home country? What ties did you show to your home country? If you have a Masters, then how will it advance your career? Did you show career prospects and opportunities? Same field is repetitious. Why not a PhD?
3. Ask your parents if they ever applied for a Canadian visa as a family?

Reactions: Flyfa

bilal2012bs

Star Member
May 1, 2022
1. So you showed $2million CDN? Is the bank statement in your name? Property in your name is not liquid funds.
2. Do you live in your home country? What ties did you show to your home country? If you have a Masters, then how will it advance your career? Did you show career prospects and opportunities? The same field is repetitious. Why not a PhD?
3. Ask your parents if they ever applied for a Canadian visa as a family?
1. It is 2 million PKR ($14000 CAD), Yes statement was in my own name, two properties in the name of my mother and father, along with the gift deed of the property.
2. Yes, I live in my home country, I showed the gift deed of the property ($86000 CAD). I wrote about the second master's in 2-3 lines in my SOP because my supervisor accepted for M.sc and he said he will convert it into Ph.D. within 1 year. He wants me to learn about the basics of his lab before phd.
3. No, They have never applied, not even my other family member like uncles etc.

marty90

Star Member
Feb 20, 2022
1. It is 2 million PKR ($14000 CAD), Yes statement was in my own name, two properties in the name of my mother and father, along with the gift deed of the property.
2. Yes, I live in my home country, I showed the gift deed of the property ($86000 CAD). I wrote about the second master's in 2-3 lines in my SOP because my supervisor accepted for M.sc and he said he will convert it into Ph.D. within 1 year. He wants me to learn about the basics of his lab before phd.
3. No, They have never applied, not even my other family member like uncles etc.
For Abu dhabi visa office i am not surprised because they mostly use Chinook 3+ . Your gcms notes will prove this . Trust me no one read your SOP either.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
1. Property is not relevant since it is not yours. $14K is not a lot of your own money. Gift deed should be liquid funds. Are you selling the property?
2. So you have a written letter from university (not supervisor) that you will transition and get your PhD? Again you have a Masters in the same department so you need written confirmation about PhD. How will completng another Masters and then PhD give you further career advantages in your home country?

bilal2012bs

Star Member
May 1, 2022
1. Property is not relevant since it is not yours. $14K is not a lot of your own money. Gift deed should be liquid funds. Are you selling the property?
2. So you have a written letter from university (not supervisor) that you will transition and get your PhD? Again you have a Masters in the same department so you need written confirmation about PhD. How will completng another Masters and then PhD give you further career advantages in your home country?
1. No I am not selling the property, why do I need to show more funds when I have a fully-funded scholarship of $30,000 per year?
2. Supervisor has made the commitment with me, so, he can write a letter for me, although I have not attached any letter in my application, I will do so when I reapply, but the university will not write the letter for me, the only supervisor can do that

Reactions: Fab100

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
1. How many years is the program? Again $14k is minimum. Who has guaranteed funding? Is it from university or grant for research that supervisor has?
2. Can supervisor guarantee PhD…doesn’t it have to be dean or faculty admissions committee?
3. What are opportunities in your home country including salary following studies?

Just asking questions that need addressed by VO.

Reactions: Warda.akram

Hehee

Star Member
Feb 28, 2022
For Abu dhabi visa office i am not surprised because they mostly use Chinook 3+ . Your gcms notes will prove this . Trust me no one read your SOP either.
Chinnok is used in most offices not just Abu Dhabi lol. They do read your SOP otherwise how do they reject based on what you write on your study plan. I believe you are just sad you got refused. But mostly people come here once they get rejected. So you don’t know how many are approved despite chinook. Do some research.

disha2406

Star Member
Mar 18, 2022
India
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
India
App. Filed.......
02-04-2022
Med's Request
14-04-2022
Med's Done....
19-04-2022
Hi,

residence.

• No study gap
  • University of Calgary

Thanks
If you have full funding of 30k per year, then that must not be a problem at all. Try including the supervisor's letter.

I have friends who applied with scholarship letter without showing extra funds. So problem is not about the funding part. Attach the letter from supervisor.

bilal2012bs

Star Member
May 1, 2022
1. How many years is the program? Again $14k is minimum. Who has guaranteed funding? Is it from university or grant for research that supervisor has?
2. Can supervisor guarantee PhD…doesn’t it have to be dean or faculty admissions committee?
3. What are opportunities in your home country including salary following studies?

Just asking questions that need addressed by VO.
1. It is a 2-year program, but if it is converted to Ph.D. after 1 year then it will be a total of 4 years. it is the guaranteed funding by the supervisor from the project.
2. Yes, he can give a guarantee, because if he wanted to accept me as a Ph.D. student, then the admission committee will not have any issue, Moreover, I fulfill all the conditions of admission for Ph.D.
3. There are many opportunities, I am a veterinarian (DVM), and Pakistan is an agricultural country, so I have plenty of opportunities in education, government, and the private sector.

bilal2012bs

Star Member
May 1, 2022
If you have full funding of 30k per year, then that must not be a problem at all. Try including the supervisor's letter.

I have friends who applied with scholarship letter without showing extra funds. So problem is not about the funding part. Attach the letter from supervisor.
Okay, I am waiting for the GCMS notes and reconsideration request, I will reapply with the letter from the supervisor. Thank you

marty90

Star Member
Feb 20, 2022
Chinnok is used in most offices not just Abu Dhabi lol. They do read your SOP otherwise how do they reject based on what you write on your study plan. I believe you are just sad you got refused. But mostly people come here once they get rejected. So you don’t know how many are approved despite chinook. Do some research.
just got PPR few minutes ago bro..after 2 refusals from Abu dhabi office. We reapplied from our home country and we just got it !! So i dont think im sad bro actually today is the happiest day of my life and happens to be my sons birthday as well

disha2406

Star Member
Mar 18, 2022
India
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
India
App. Filed.......
02-04-2022
Med's Request
14-04-2022
Med's Done....
19-04-2022
just got PPR few minutes ago bro..after 2 refusals from Abu dhabi office. We reapplied from our home country and we just got it !! So i dont think im sad bro actually today is the happiest day of my life and happens to be my sons birthday as well
Great news, Congrats!!!

Reactions: Fab100 and marty90

bilal2012bs

Star Member
May 1, 2022
I have just received my GCMS Notes, Chinook 3+ was also used. Fully Funded Master's Scholarship.

"Taking the applicant's plan of studies into account, the documentation provided in support of the applicant's financial situation does not demonstrate that funds would be sufficient or available. I am not satisfied that the proposed studies would be a reasonable expense.

I am not satisfied there are funds available to pay this year's costs and also have a reasonable prospect of paying the following years' costs of studying in Canada.

I am not satisfied that the applicant would leave Canada at the end of their stay as a temporary resident, I note that:
-the client is single, mobile, is not well established and has no dependents

The study plan does not appear reasonable given the applicant's employment and education history. I note that:
-the client has previous studies at the same academic level than the proposed studies in Canada.

Based on the review of the applicant's immigration history, I am not satisfied that they will leave Canada at the end of the period of authorized stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 216(1)(b) of the IRPR.

Weighing the factors in this application. I am not satisfied that the applicant will depart Canada at the end of the period authorized for their stay.
For the reasons above, I have refused this application. "

Reactions: DesiPikachu

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I have just received my GCMS Notes, Chinook 3+ was also used. Fully Funded Master's Scholarship.

"Taking the applicant's plan of studies into account, the documentation provided in support of the applicant's financial situation does not demonstrate that funds would be sufficient or available. I am not satisfied that the proposed studies would be a reasonable expense.

I am not satisfied there are funds available to pay this year's costs and also have a reasonable prospect of paying the following years' costs of studying in Canada.

I am not satisfied that the applicant would leave Canada at the end of their stay as a temporary resident, I note that:
-the client is single, mobile, is not well established and has no dependents

The study plan does not appear reasonable given the applicant's employment and education history. I note that:
-the client has previous studies at the same academic level than the proposed studies in Canada.

Based on the review of the applicant's immigration history, I am not satisfied that they will leave Canada at the end of the period of authorized stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 216(1)(b) of the IRPR.

Weighing the factors in this application. I am not satisfied that the applicant will depart Canada at the end of the period authorized for their stay.
For the reasons above, I have refused this application. "
What is your full profile? Background/career? Education - masters/more than one? What is the Phd?