+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Refused - Fully Funded Master's Scholarship

bilal2012bs

Star Member
May 1, 2022
What is your full profile? Background/career? Education - masters/more than one? What is the Phd?
I have already completed masters in veterinary epidemiology & public health in Oct-2021. This M.sc is in Veterinary parasitology. IELTS 7.5. CGPA 3.6/4.00

Now I am going for Ph.D. and reapply, I hope this time I will get a study permit.

Reactions: ssup2406

crimsonquill

May 25, 2022
I have just received my GCMS Notes, Chinook 3+ was also used. Fully Funded Master's Scholarship.

"Taking the applicant's plan of studies into account, the documentation provided in support of the applicant's financial situation does not demonstrate that funds would be sufficient or available. I am not satisfied that the proposed studies would be a reasonable expense.

I am not satisfied there are funds available to pay this year's costs and also have a reasonable prospect of paying the following years' costs of studying in Canada.

I am not satisfied that the applicant would leave Canada at the end of their stay as a temporary resident, I note that:
-the client is single, mobile, is not well established and has no dependents

The study plan does not appear reasonable given the applicant's employment and education history. I note that:
-the client has previous studies at the same academic level than the proposed studies in Canada.

Based on the review of the applicant's immigration history, I am not satisfied that they will leave Canada at the end of the period of authorized stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 216(1)(b) of the IRPR.

Weighing the factors in this application. I am not satisfied that the applicant will depart Canada at the end of the period authorized for their stay.
For the reasons above, I have refused this application. "
Hello!

I don't know whether you've reapplied already, I hope you have, but if you haven't then here's my two cents:

1. Include the letter of scholarship if you hadnt already. If you've not been issued one, contact UoC for the same.
2. Ask your supervisor to issue the Master's to Phd confirmation on an official university letterhead.
3. Show funds for at least 1.5-2 two years of living.
4. Write a stronger SOP that tackles each issue on your GCMS strongly and appropriately. Highlight the scholarship and mention that you'll be using it for your tuition funds. If you're an only child and will need to support your parents eventually, make a not of that. Mention that you'll be converting the Master's to a Phd and how it'll advance your career in the field.

Good luck!

Reactions: DesiPikachu

bilal2012bs

Star Member
May 1, 2022
Hello!

I don't know whether you've reapplied already, I hope you have, but if you haven't then here's my two cents:

1. Include the letter of scholarship if you hadnt already. If you've not been issued one, contact UoC for the same.
2. Ask your supervisor to issue the Master's to Phd confirmation on an official university letterhead.
3. Show funds for at least 1.5-2 two years of living.
4. Write a stronger SOP that tackles each issue on your GCMS strongly and appropriately. Highlight the scholarship and mention that you'll be using it for your tuition funds. If you're an only child and will need to support your parents eventually, make a not of that. Mention that you'll be converting the Master's to a Phd and how it'll advance your career in the field.

Good luck!
Thank you

I have not applied yet because my supervisor agrees to accept me directly into Phd program. I have applied for Phd and will soon get the admission offer letter.

I have prepared the bank statement of $19,000 CAD.

Will work hard on my SOP.

I hope I will get it this time.

Reactions: ssup2406

bilal2012bs

Star Member
May 1, 2022
Hi,

Today I received the response to my reconsideration request, My eligibility is started again and they have sent a "Request Letter" to upload the updated "Letter of Acceptance (LOA)" from the university.

This is in reference to your application for temporary residence. The following documents are required to continue processing your application:

Please provide an updated LOA or proof from the university that you will still be accepted in to your program.

This must be received at this office by: 2022/07/17

But the main issue is that I have withdrawn the admission from my M.Sc and applied for Ph.D. in the same DLI and same department. I will receive the Ph.D. admission offer letter within the next few days with the same funding/scholarship conditions.

Can I upload the fully-funded Ph.D. admission offer letter instead of the fully-funded M.Sc?

Here is my thread regarding refusal: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/study-permit-refused-fully-funded-masters-scholarship.766706/#post-10068795

Thank you