+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit refused from Saudi Arabia

sqfit

Jan 16, 2020
You need to understand that the Canadian VO want some solid evidence that you will leave. They are hell bent on this as they need to check that box which says they are satisfied. Even though no one can ever ensure someone will leave or not but it is a requirement which needs to be adhered to.

If you plan to apply again, state that you will return back to your country of 'citizenship'. Make a constructive plan on what you wish to do when you go back. I know you might want to come back to SA considering your experience and no difficulty finding a job but dont mention it. Sorry but that's the way the system works.
Hello,
I applied for a study permit as a dependent spouse from Saudi Arabia and my husband's visitor visa to help me set up in the initial months. I was refused too, reasons:
Immigration Status
Purpose of Visit
Personal Assets

So I am reapplying with the following changes
Immigration Status : Husband's employment in Saudi, I am the heir to my parents' property back home (India), husband is the heir to his parents' property
Purpose of Visit : Connecting my past jobs to my course and explaining how it will help in my career here (as I plan to start working in saudi after returning) and purpose of study is to upgrade my education (as my bachelor and post graduate diploma is from the exact same field)
Personal Assets : Paid 1 yeartuition. Showing 40k CAD, Husband's ongoing income and an affidavit from parents' that they would help if i need financial assistance.

Is that enough? Someone please guide.

Neha Agarwal

Star Member
Jul 29, 2020
Hello,
I applied for a study permit as a dependent spouse from Saudi Arabia and my husband's visitor visa to help me set up in the initial months. I was refused too, reasons:
Immigration Status
Purpose of Visit
Personal Assets

Immigration Status : Husband's employment in Saudi, I am the heir to my parents' property back home (India), husband is the heir to his parents' property
Purpose of Visit : Connecting my past jobs to my course and explaining how it will help in my career here (as I plan to start working in saudi after returning) and purpose of study is to upgrade my education (as my bachelor and post graduate diploma is from the exact same field)
Personal Assets : Paid 1 yeartuition. Showing 40k CAD, Husband's ongoing income and an affidavit from parents' that they would help if i need financial assistance.

Also, did you apply on University or college?

Neha Agarwal

Star Member
Jul 29, 2020
Hello,
Immigration Status
Purpose of Visit
Personal Assets

How did you apply? did you apply with the help of a consultant or by your own? give more details about your case will be easy to get advises from experts.

Vaseem Khan

Dec 3, 2020
I have read all your discussions, yes its the fact that anyone who is not the permanent resident of the country in which he is residing/living gives these reasons for refusal. I have seen same refusal cases for one of my known person 2 years back and his younger brother applied 1 year back for study permit, he got approval because his age and years stay is gulf are less. Keeping these issues in my mind, I applied in November 2020 first week from Saudi Arabia writing all justifications in my SOP that I will go back to my home country after masters as I will be having better job prospects in my own country but still it was refused. but still my application got refused. So, In my opinion if expatriates in gulf countries will apply for the study permit then visa will be refused if age and years of stay in gulf is more and it might be approve if age and years stay in gulf is less.
So, no matter what you write in SOP they judge you only on your number of years stay outside your home country (or stay in current gulf country) because more number of years abroad shows that you don't have intentions to go back to home country and you are looking for permanent settlement. I don't know how to satisfy VO. I don't know what will be the consequences if we will apply again from home country.
If any one has gone though this then please share your real experiences.

azzamkc

Apr 2, 2019
Oman
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
02-09-2020
Hello,
Immigration Status
Purpose of Visit
Personal Assets

I take it your husband was refused as well? Did you apply for a Masters degree or a Post Graduate Diploma?

sqfit

Jan 16, 2020
I take it your husband was refused as well? Did you apply for a Masters degree or a Post Graduate Diploma?
Post Graduate Certificate (2 years).

Yes, he was rejected too for the same reasons except the personal assets one.
I am planning to reapply once I get deferred to May intake. Any suggestions on what I can do differently to get an approval?

Mypepsius

Dec 19, 2020
Hello friends.

finally, I received the GCMS notes, looking for an expert's advice on how to re-apply and what should I write in LOE / additional documents.

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your immigration status.

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the limited employment prospects in your country of residence.

GCMS notes:
Text: I have reviewed the application.
Taking the applicant's current employment situation into consideration, the employment does not demonstrate that the applicant is sufficiently well established that the applicant would leave Canada at the end of a period of authorized stay.
The applicant's immigration status in their country of residence is temporary, which reduces their ties to that country.
Weighing the factors in this application. I am not satisfied that the applicant will adhere to the terms and conditions imposed as a temporary resident.
For the reasons above, I have refused this application.
NOTES: 2
Created Date: 2020/10/14

Thank you.
Dear, In my opinion you should first apply for yourself only. Show that your family will stay back in KSA and you will return back to them. If your kids are school going, then attach their admission papers and fee payment receipts. I believe this should work.

Mypepsius

Dec 19, 2020
Hello,
Immigration Status
Purpose of Visit
Personal Assets

Apply for yourself only. If you are applying with your husband and children, there are more chances of rejection as the VO will assume you won't come back.

Shaild

Oct 17, 2019
Hello,
Immigration Status
Purpose of Visit
Personal Assets

Ill be honest. If you will mention KSA (your temporary residence) as your country of return you will most likely get rejected again. I understand there are lot of job opportunities in middle east & one can easily find a job, etc. However, VO don't look at it this way. They are probably given a checklist which says you need to have legal status of permanent nature wherever you wish to go after studies. They don't use any other logic. Besides, from what I read from other candidates, they don't consider property of parents for mature adults(over age of 21) as ties. I know it is very normal in Asian culture but they dont consider it that way. So the property has to be in your name to prove ownership/financial ties.

Shaild

Oct 17, 2019
Hello friends.

finally, I received the GCMS notes, looking for an expert's advice on how to re-apply and what should I write in LOE / additional documents.

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your immigration status.

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the limited employment prospects in your country of residence.

GCMS notes:
Text: I have reviewed the application.
Taking the applicant's current employment situation into consideration, the employment does not demonstrate that the applicant is sufficiently well established that the applicant would leave Canada at the end of a period of authorized stay.
The applicant's immigration status in their country of residence is temporary, which reduces their ties to that country.
Weighing the factors in this application. I am not satisfied that the applicant will adhere to the terms and conditions imposed as a temporary resident.
For the reasons above, I have refused this application.
NOTES: 2
Created Date: 2020/10/14

Thank you.
Sorry to hear your case. It makes me wonder if VO even takes any effort to understand the application & dynamics of how middle east works. People come here to work but if you see the remittance, it is all going back to 'HOME' country. Unless in background check they see a overstay fine, etc it is justified. But if the candidate has satisfied the clause for staying legally in his temporary country of residence just like he would in Canada I don't see a problem. Why would anyone with years of experience and education stay back illegally in Canada on the cold streets ?

Secondly - VO has raised concern that employment does not demonstrate that applicant is sufficiently well established. How did he come to that conclusion ? Even if I am in my permanent country of residence I will have to resign from my job and then after studies go back & look for another job. It is no different than the other.

It just makes me so angry when I read comments like these from VO.

Reactions: Danny1981

smohammad

Nov 2, 2020
Shaild,

You are right, for my case I don't understand and how the VO judge the application when I never run into unemployment or overstayed.

I am going to reapply and gathering the documents. any suggestion would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Shaild

Oct 17, 2019
Shaild,

You are right, for my case I don't understand and how the VO judge the application when I never run into unemployment or overstayed.

I am going to reapply and gathering the documents. any suggestion would be appreciated.

Thank you,
At this stage honestly I feel it is only a matter of luck. Coz clearly they are not following the guidelines they are suppose to & seem to be doing a sloppy job. Just make sure you have a clean profile with all the requirement clearly fulfilled. Stronger SOP with replying to each of the comments made can help.