+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit refused due to "purpose of your visit", is it possible for IRCC to reconsider?

pedrocoelho

Nov 28, 2020
Hey, guys! Just wanted to share with you that I ended up reapplying through the SDS in October and this time managed to get my study permit approved by IRCC (passport request received this week!). I used basically the same documents from my previous application (aside from the GIC, IELTS and completing 1 year of tuition paid), and put together a much better letter of explanation with the support of a very competent immigration consultant. I did not apply for a different study program, since I genuinely believe the AA is a good fit for me.

By the way, these were the notes the officer left on my file which had been refused in August:
- PA has no complete previous studies
- Explanation as to why PA would like to take program is general
- Spouse accompanying on C42
- Limited travel history

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: canadastudypermit

NiekyE

Sep 28, 2017
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
23-12-2017
Hi,
Congrats on the study permit, I just have two questions if you don’t mind.
Was your spouse still able to get the work permit through your application?
Did you eventually admit dual intent on the 2nd application?
TIA

pedrocoelho

Nov 28, 2020
Hi,
Congrats on the study permit, I just have two questions if you don’t mind.
Was your spouse still able to get the work permit through your application?
Did you eventually admit dual intent on the 2nd application?
TIA
Thanks! Yes, my wife and I got our passport requests simultaneously. And no, I didn't admit dual intent. I explained how the program would benefit me in my current industry upon returning to Brazil, and also how it would provide me with skills to help me expand my small business.