+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Refused Because of "Purpose of Visit"? Please Help :(

its-mia

Mar 22, 2018
Hi. Like the title says, my study permit was refused because the VO wasn't convinced I would leave Canada at the end of my stay. The rejection letter simply says the VO refused my application due to "Purpose of Visit" and "Other reasons: unsupported past studies and program of study in Canada".

I'm not entirely sure what that means? I spent a good hour or two scouring the internet for clarification because all I could think of was "Did it mean they didn't believe I intended to study?". I applied for a two-year Baking and Pastry Arts diploma at SAIT (Southern Alberta Institute of Technology) and was accepted for the Fall 2018 intake.

I guess my question is, can anyone explain to me what the decision means? I tried looking up the other reason (unsupported past studies) but nothing came up? Was the application refused because I lacked documents, or was it something else?

I'm from the Philippines, turning 22 years old, and I graduated with an Associate Degree in Culinary Management last June 2017. I believe I submitted the appropriate financial documents to prove my parents are able to support me for the duration of my studies (income statements, tax returns, bank statements, deeds for land they owned, business permits, etc). I do, however, have a sister who graduated with a post-grad diploma in Alberta, who is now applying for her PR. Could that be a factor? As for work experience, I spent the past year after my graduation working for my mom at her bakery. Before that, I was a pastry intern for a local hotel for a few months.

Thank you so much for taking the time to read through. I'm sorry if this post is all over the place, I'm still a little distraught from the results, but I would be glad to clarify anything or add more information if need be. I would truly appreciate any and all help you can provide!

Helican

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2017
India
Visa Office......
bangalore
VISA ISSUED...
08-17-2017
LANDED..........
Sept 2, 2017
Hi. Like the title says, my study permit was refused because the VO wasn't convinced I would leave Canada at the end of my stay. The rejection letter simply says the VO refused my application due to "Purpose of Visit" and "Other reasons: unsupported past studies and program of study in Canada".

I'm not entirely sure what that means? I spent a good hour or two scouring the internet for clarification because all I could think of was "Did it mean they didn't believe I intended to study?". I applied for a two-year Baking and Pastry Arts diploma at SAIT (Southern Alberta Institute of Technology) and was accepted for the Fall 2018 intake.

I guess my question is, can anyone explain to me what the decision means? I tried looking up the other reason (unsupported past studies) but nothing came up? Was the application refused because I lacked documents, or was it something else?

I'm from the Philippines, turning 22 years old, and I graduated with an Associate Degree in Culinary Management last June 2017. I believe I submitted the appropriate financial documents to prove my parents are able to support me for the duration of my studies (income statements, tax returns, bank statements, deeds for land they owned, business permits, etc). I do, however, have a sister who graduated with a post-grad diploma in Alberta, who is now applying for her PR. Could that be a factor? As for work experience, I spent the past year after my graduation working for my mom at her bakery. Before that, I was a pastry intern for a local hotel for a few months.

Thank you so much for taking the time to read through. I'm sorry if this post is all over the place, I'm still a little distraught from the results, but I would be glad to clarify anything or add more information if need be. I would truly appreciate any and all help you can provide!
apply for GCMS first for detailed reason.

Abdullokh

Jan 29, 2018

Hi, Send the rejection letter you have received to my email: davidbyers62@gmail.com maybe I'll be able to help you

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
Get your GCMS notes .

Did you explain why you wanted to do the course in Canada and not anywhere else ?

I see you did an associates degree and you are going for a diploma .
So why would you want to do a diploma when you have a degree ?

Again , to know exact reason of refusal , get your GCMS notes .

Esthersaa

Jan 31, 2019
Get your GCMS notes .

Did you explain why you wanted to do the course in Canada and not anywhere else ?

I see you did an associates degree and you are going for a diploma .
So why would you want to do a diploma when you have a degree ?

Again , to know exact reason of refusal , get your GCMS notes .
Hi
Today I got my visa refusal and on the letter it was written:

"You have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada at the end of your stay. In reaching this
decision, I considered several factors, including: Purpose of study" I do not quite understand since i send an employement letter as proof of return and family ties too. I'm really confuse. it is my first time; From your expirience please help

Also i just realised that i didn't state on my Study plan that i was returning after my studies i didn't know i had to till i read this forums. Could that be the problem? But my visa agent on the Submission letter stated that i will be returnig back after my studies on their this was my study plan.

My name is __. I chose Toronto as my place of study in Canada because its alumni is showing that not only they focus on the theoretical side of the subject, but they make sure that their students are experiencing different scenarios and vary situations which will make them ready to work in real life. Also, I think the facility in this college will be very helpful and useful to gain experience and learn by experimenting.

In my country , especially in my field of studies the employment markets are highly competitive. Most people that get jobs offers with highly paid salaries are mostly those who further their education in countries like Canada. Canada claimed the number one of the top spot in categories ranging from "best place to live" to "best place to study. The rewards of studying in Canada are big while the cost is small, particularly compared to its neighbor to the south. It has the reputation of school giving their very best to student. That is courses are been well explain and given live time scenarios for student to comprehend and implement with a real follow up on student which is something you rarely can find in my country.

I someday want to start my own company that is why I started studying Business Management. Toronto School of Management program focuses on the latest developments in international business management, which will help me develop the necessary skills and knowledge to be immediately effective as a manager, improving my personal and professional skills.

I also chose Canada for its friendly warm, and welcoming nature for foreigners. My cousins leaving in Montreal testify it to me every day.

I am very excited for my future and I have chosen Canada to pursue my education. I hope you will give me this chance to meet my objectives and enrich my career opportunities after I graduate

Esthersaa

Jan 31, 2019
apply for GCMS first for detailed reason.
Hi

"You have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada at the end of your stay. In reaching this
decision, I considered several factors, including: Purpose of study" I do not quite understand since i send an employement letter as proof of return and family ties too. I'm really confuse. it is my first time; From your expirience please help

Also i just realised that i didn't state on my Study plan that i was returning after my studies i didn't know i had to till i read this forums. Could that be the problem? But my visa agent on the Submission letter stated that i will be returnig back after my studies on their this was my study plan.

My name is __. I chose Toronto as my place of study in Canada because its alumni is showing that not only they focus on the theoretical side of the subject, but they make sure that their students are experiencing different scenarios and vary situations which will make them ready to work in real life. Also, I think the facility in this college will be very helpful and useful to gain experience and learn by experimenting.

In my country , especially in my field of studies the employment markets are highly competitive. Most people that get jobs offers with highly paid salaries are mostly those who further their education in countries like Canada. Canada claimed the number one of the top spot in categories ranging from "best place to live" to "best place to study. The rewards of studying in Canada are big while the cost is small, particularly compared to its neighbor to the south. It has the reputation of school giving their very best to student. That is courses are been well explain and given live time scenarios for student to comprehend and implement with a real follow up on student which is something you rarely can find in my country.

I someday want to start my own company that is why I started studying Business Management. Toronto School of Management program focuses on the latest developments in international business management, which will help me develop the necessary skills and knowledge to be immediately effective as a manager, improving my personal and professional skills.

I also chose Canada for its friendly warm, and welcoming nature for foreigners. My cousins leaving in Montreal testify it to me every day.

I am very excited for my future and I have chosen Canada to pursue my education. I hope you will give me this chance to meet my objectives and enrich my career opportunities after I graduate

Esthersaa

Jan 31, 2019
What did you mention in statement of purpose?
Let me know so that I can tell you the reason.
Hi

HDG

Jun 10, 2014
Even I am sailing in the same boat. Yesterday got the same reason for rejection. Planning to apply for GCMS :(

Helican

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2017
India
Visa Office......
bangalore
VISA ISSUED...
08-17-2017
LANDED..........
Sept 2, 2017
Hi

The problem with this study plan is that you have not been able ro convince the officer as to why you want to study business mgmt only on Canada. I mean you have compared the programs in Canada with programs in India. Whats the difference???

Reactions: Esthersaa

Esthersaa

Jan 31, 2019
The problem with this study plan is that you have not been able ro convince the officer as to why you want to study business mgmt only on Canada. I mean you have compared the programs in Canada with programs in India. Whats the difference???
Thank you for your reply and input. So you advice me to better my study plan stating why I chose that course in Canada.
I didn’t know that the study plan was that important I mostly focus on all the required documents ie employment references letter, promises letter from my dad since I work for his company now all his assets and all my documents.

So what do you advice me on my next application? I already ordered a gcms note

ms singh

Jan 8, 2019
I also got refusal with same reason (purpose of visit) what to do now?? Can you share your profile with me