+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit refused - because of accompanying family member

jamal12

May 30, 2019
Hi folks,

I recently applied for study permit and got refused. The reason why the study permit was refused includes not having enough money to support family members accompanying me to Canada.

But i have clearly filled up the family information form that nobody is accompanying me to Canada, why is this a reason for study permit to be refused.

Anyone who has experienced something similar out there??

Konvicted

Star Member
Apr 23, 2019
Re apply and mention that no one is accompanying you. Moreover, you can also order GCMS notes to get the exact reason of refusal.

ams1_ind

Star Member
Aug 2, 2019
India
Hi folks,

I recently applied for study permit and got refused. The reason why the study permit was refused includes not having enough money to support family members accompanying me to Canada.

But i have clearly filled up the family information form that nobody is accompanying me to Canada, why is this a reason for study permit to be refused.

the visa office is messed up fully. send them a strong statement in webform clearly attaching the family form and asking y they disapproved on this reason.

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
Hi folks,

I think that is a generic refusal reason that doesn't necessarily mean its because of family members, what exactly did the refusal reason state?

jamal12

May 30, 2019
I think that is a generic refusal reason that doesn't necessarily mean its because of family members, what exactly did the refusal reason state?
But still that doesn't make sense at all. How can they put a generic refusal reason that doesn't even apply to me. I have nobody accompanying me to Canada. Other reasons include the common "I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, based on your personal assets and financial status".

HenryVo

Jun 2, 2019
Hi folks,

Give us the exact refusal reasons.

jamal12

May 30, 2019
Give us the exact refusal reasons.
Note: Nobody is accompanying me to Canada

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.

• Pursuant to paragraph 220(a) of the IRPA, I am not satisfied that you have sufficient and available financial resources, without working in Canada, to pay the tuition fees for the course or program of studies that you intend to pursue.

• Pursuant to paragraph 220(b) of the IRPA, I am not satisfied that you have sufficient and available financial resources, without working in Canada, to maintain yourself and any family members who are accompanying you during your proposed period of study.

• Pursuant to paragraph 220(c) of the IRPA, I am not satisfied that you have sufficient and available financial resources, without working in Canada, to pay the cost of transporting yourself and any family members who are accompanying you to and from Canada.

HenryVo

Jun 2, 2019

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.

• Pursuant to paragraph 220(a) of the IRPA, I am not satisfied that you have sufficient and available financial resources, without working in Canada, to pay the tuition fees for the course or program of studies that you intend to pursue.

• Pursuant to paragraph 220(b) of the IRPA, I am not satisfied that you have sufficient and available financial resources, without working in Canada, to maintain yourself and any family members who are accompanying you during your proposed period of study.

• Pursuant to paragraph 220(c) of the IRPA, I am not satisfied that you have sufficient and available financial resources, without working in Canada, to pay the cost of transporting yourself and any family members who are accompanying you to and from Canada.
The refusals are referring to you, first and foremost, and if you have any accompanying family members, then it refers to them too. In your case, you do not have any accompanying family members, so the refusals are referring to you.

The refusals state that you didn't show sufficient funds for tuition fees, personal expenses and not enough to maintain yourself. What did you have for financial proofs?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12

The "and any family members who are accompanying" is standard wording. It does not mean that you actually have accompanying family members. You were refused because the VO doesn't believe that you have sufficient resources for yourself.

Reactions: jddd