+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit refused based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence

rs929

Jan 16, 2019
Cheers for the quick reply! I found out that my statements were not of the last 3 months but a slightly older time scale. However, do you think the officer may have found issues in interpreting the bank statements as mine were in INR and include fixed deposit and savings for the past months.
Like i said my statements were also in INR so currency isn't the issue at all

May 9, 2019
Mine was under SDS and i paid 1 year fees and GIC, i don't know much about the financial amount to be shown in non-SDS
It said 25,000 USD or a figure close to that. I had sufficient balance, only that the dates may have been slightly late. Did your bank statements show savings, Fixed deposit and all?

rs929

Jan 16, 2019
It said 25,000 USD or a figure close to that. I had sufficient balance, only that the dates may have been slightly late. Did your bank statements show savings, Fixed deposit and all?
No, my statement was like normal bank statements deposit, deduction, current amount and stuff

May 9, 2019
Oh, mine was HDFC and Axis. But im sure the statements don't have a problem. I should have sent statements for past 6 months, that was the issue. Thanks.

HenryVo

Jun 2, 2019
try to apply for visitor visa and say you want to see your mother for a month, maybe works. best way to get the VO approval is to be 100 honest and support it with documents.
there is must be a way for you...search a lot
Good Luck
Hey bro, I am also worried about my family ties situation. I have an older sister with PR and lives in Canada. But both of my parents, and my other older sister are in my home country. Also, I am 17, single, and lives with my parents. Do you think family ties would be a problem in my case?

Malhar6708

Star Member
Jun 3, 2019
Canada
Category........
PNP
Hello Guys, I am starting this thread for people (like myself) who have been refused and have seen on the refusal letter that:

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.

I
want the experts and people who have received this in the pass and have gotten approval after this reason for refusal to give their opinion and ways to overcome this.
When did you applied...?

kazlayn

Aug 16, 2019
Hello people, yesterday my application was rejected due to the following reason

Thank you for your interest in studying in Canada. After careful review of your study permit application and supporting documentation, I have determined that your application does not meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR). I am refusing your application on the following grounds:

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status. You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can demonstrate that your situation meets the requirements. All new applications must be accompanied by a new processing fee.

Again I was sent my biometrics letter on 6th of July 2019, and I did my biometrics on the 8th of July 2019 but in my application it says that I have not done them. I have a receipt to prove.

School is supposed to start in about 3 weeks

Any advice. Thank you .